So the majority think Fury won...

Anyone who calls it a robbery doesn't follow the sport. Close fight
Yeah, former lineal and undisputed heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis and 50-0 arguable GOAT Floyd Mayweather Jr. are total casuals lmao

Yeah, former lineal and undisputed heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis and 50-0 arguable GOAT Floyd Mayweather Jr. are total casuals lmao
and Lewis wanted to shill for Wilder so badly but even he couldn't do it

Ive yet to see how anyone can score this for wilder.

And since one is a UK guy and one is American and they both agree it's not like you can claim any sort of favoritism, Floyd apparently left looking disgusted by the decision.

No one is claiming Wilder won. Some of us (including myself) are okay with a draw. You either believe Fury won, or you believe that Wilder managed to barely save himself from a loss by getting that final knockdown an earning a draw.

Well neither won. Seems like the new robbery.. Two 10--8s, otherwise hard to give any rds to Wilder, cuz they really werent close. Ill have to rewatch of course, as usual, but seemed like a relatively easy one to score. I like Wilder, and good for him getting that kd that I guess keeps him frim losing his "o". But we probably all thought, "he needs a knockout..". And while he kinda did get one, he didnt.

Round 2 is conceivable for Wilder (that’s still not enough to earn the win granted, but just proof that Fury didn’t necessarily win all of the 10 other rounds). Two judges and a ring commentator gave Wilder round 2.

And since one is a UK guy and one is American and they both agree it's not like you can claim any sort of favoritism, Floyd apparently left looking disgusted by the decision.
I trust Nam Phan's opinion because he knows what it's liked to be robbed in an obvious win lol

Can't give Wilder more than 4 rds and Tyson gets the other 8. Wilders 2 kds = 2

113- 112 Fury

Can't give Wilder more than 4 rds and Tyson gets the other 8. Wilders 2 kds = 2

113- 112 Fury
I think you mean 114-112 Fury, unless you only gave one of those rounds that Fury got knocked down in a 10-9.

Floyd always favors the american. Always favors the black fighter. Except when he doesn't

Well neither won. Seems like the new robbery.. Two 10--8s, otherwise hard to give any rds to Wilder, cuz they really werent close. Ill have to rewatch of course, as usual, but seemed like a relatively easy one to score. I like Wilder, and good for him getting that kd that I guess keeps him frim losing his "o". But we probably all thought, "he needs a knockout..". And while he kinda did get one, he didnt.
Many of those early/mid rounds were close.

Fury did well but there were some rounds where he just didn't throw alot. Most judges don't score showboating and in many rounds, thats all that really set them apart.

Yes, 114-112 was THE BEST I could give Wilder
Yeah, same. I was watching with my brother (who's been a boxing fan way longer than me) and he said he was trying to score it from the worst case possible, and could only justify 114-112 Fury. I could either see 114-112, 115-111 or even 116-110 Fury, but I think that last one might be overdoing it a bit.

So in this case I think each judge just fell into the three camps. One saw the exchanges as Fury schooling and frustrating Wilder, one saw the exchanges as Wilder pressing and almost getting Fury, and one saw that Fury's defense nullified Wilders offense so it was a draw.
That's one possible explanation but we've had this exact same scoring pattern happen in other controversial fights. The one I'm thinking of was GGG vs Canelo I. There we had one judge give it to GGG, who the majority thought won. One judge give it a draw and one judge who got absolutely slated (Adelaide Byrd) gave it to Canelo. So the result was a draw. Same BS different fight.

Yeah, same. I was watching with my brother (who's been a boxing fan way longer than me) and he said he was trying to score it from the worst case possible, and could only justify 114-112 Fury. I could either see 114-112, 115-111 or even 116-110 Fury, but I think that last one might be overdoing it a bit.

Agreed. It's clear cut in my opinion

Huh? Wilders offense was based on Furys feints and perceived distance.

Wilder was for the majority of the fight, reacting. Whether or not he was moving forward. There are subtleties that im sure some in this thread, but most that watched, just don't see. Even Wilder would likely admit it, Fury is ge better boxer for this reason, among others.

Well I totally agree. I think Fury domintated the fight. I'm just saying the only way to explain the fact that some people, including two official judges, didn't see it that way is that they must value something else.

Of course the other explanation is rigged fight, or another is that people just can have so much bias that they are blind to the reality.

I think that the fight judging should be based on what takes the most skill. And I agree that the feinting, distance, and general evasion of Fury showed like double the skill of Wilder's fairly basic punching.

However, again there are two judges who say differently which I'm trying to understand.

..myself included. Matter of fact, imo its a robbery. And I believe that its a word WAY over used when it comes to close fights that most consider to be bad decisions.

Has ANYONE that is saying that tgey believe Wilder won, called it a robbery, or even a "bad decision"? Or draw is good, moving on? Cuz a draw should likely be argued on both sides as to who won, not one accepting the draw as an argument in their favor..

I agree that it was a robbery, and i'm also one who usually doesn't like that word in close fights. This was NOT a close fight.

People are talking about the two knock downs, if this was a 5 round fight like we have in MMA of course the two knock downs are huge in scoring. This was 12 rounds, and i gave wilder 3 of them. At best he would have won maybe 4.

Back