So the majority think Fury won...

Wilder had 2 10-8 rounds right? So to get a draw he only needed to edge 2 more 10-9 rounds which I could see some judges giving him. 115-111 is fucking ridiculous though.

I'm guessing you skipped elementary school..

Calling close fights robberies is the hip thing to do. I miss the days when people stuck to giving their cards and explaining why they scored the way they did.

I gave it to Fury, BTW. But in quite a few rounds it's a tossup between ring generalship and defense to Fury vs effective agression and punches to Wilder. Deontay can get 3 rounds out of the 10 in which he did not knock down Tyson.

Fury gets universal praise and keeps his 0 and lineal title against a boogeyman in the US. We'll likely get a big rematch in a UK stadium. Nothing much to complain about.
I felt the same way. There were a couple rounds were Fury controlled the center of the ring with good movement and positioning but threw only in spots when wilder had a tight guard and was throwing and landing. Granted he was only landing one or 2 at a time but that’s why they were close rounds. I had Wilder winning 4 rounds with the 2 knockdowns there was another round you could conceivably give him but only clearly won 3 rounds.

I love how you guys still act so surprised when this draw/rematch bullshit happens. Lol

Cuz a draw should likely be argued on both sides as to who won, not one accepting the draw as an argument in their favor..

That’s a very good point. Most wilder fans know that their man got a lucky decision tonight. A draw is easier to accept and is just about justifiable

Yeah, Fury won imo but the KDs tightened it up enough to manipulate a rematch.

After every big fight, the fans of the guy who didn't win all decide to make it not count somehow.

If you look at the poll thread it’s not just the fans. 350 people and almost 90% thought he won.

I certainly didn't expect it to be so one-sided but I feel Tyson was not too unhappy with the result after surviving that heavy 2nd KD.

The majority are just huge fans
6ed1737f2e57db3440525873f3956fa6

What a winner. Definitely robbed.
Yeah cause if you get knocked down that means you lose the fight. Clueless.

Fury should have won. Dumb decision. People picking wilder were watching something else.
He got outboxed

m96jjd.jpg

Don't know what you guys were watching. Wilder MAYBE got the second round. I gave it to him, it was close though. And two 10 - 8 rounds for knockdowns in the 9th and 12 rounds.

It was a clean and clear sweep for Tyson Fury save for those 3 rounds. ( Nine 10 - 9 rounds ).

For a final and CORRECT score of 115 - 111 ( W) Tyson Fury. Robbery is completely correct. Tyson completely controlled the fight with teh jab slipping punches and that crisp two piece catching Wilder often with that hard back hand. And Wilders eye showed it. for 9 solid rounds of real boxing, Fury won. CLEARLY.

<LikeReally5> Learn how to score boxing ppl.

Last edited:
I scored it 115-111 for Fury, but I can't say that all 9 rounds I gave to Fury were clearly won. A key consideration to take into account, is that while Fury landed a few more punches, Wilder threw more. A lot of judges take activity into account, even if it isn't particularly effective.

Not bothered about the draw. Fury made it harder on himself that it should've been by showboating. If he had listened to his corner, Wilder wouldn't have laid a glove on him the whole match. He kept giving Wilder unnecessary space, didn't smother his opponent like his corner had instructed him to do, and eventually the puncher found him.

Fury is a madman and played a very dangerous game with a guy who has 39 KO's in 40 wins.

The 115-111 Wilder card is inexcusable though. This sort of stuff just happens too frequently in boxing.

m96jjd.jpg

I scored it 115-111 for Fury, but I can't say that all 9 rounds I gave to Fury were clearly won. A key consideration to take into account, is that while Fury landed a few more punches, Wilder threw more. A lot of judges take activity into account, even if it isn't particularly effective.

Just like with GGG vs Canelo, hitting air is just hitting air. Boxing is not just about throwing punches but footwork making your opponent miss and countering. Fury controlled most of the fight with footwork feints the Jab and a hard back hand. Fury land the cleaner shots overall while Wilder missed A LOT and landed TWO really hard and clean punches and should correctly be awarded two 10 - 8 rounds for his efforts ( knockdowns). We all knew Deontay was the harder puncher.

There is no way Wilder beats Fury trying to box him. If he can't knock him out he is just hitting air.

I guess if there is a silver lining for Fury is that this will likely turn into a three fight pay day, with the next fight being significantly bigger than the first match?

m96jjd.jpg

Just like with GGG vs Canelo, hitting air is just hitting air. Boxing is not just about throwing punches but footwork making your opponent miss and countering. Fury controlled most of the fight with footwork feints the Jab and a hard back hand. Fury land the cleaner shots overall while Wilder missed A LOT and landed TWO really hard and clean punches and should correctly be awarded two 10 - 8 rounds for his efforts ( knockdowns). We all knew Deontay was the harder puncher.

There is no way Wilder beats Fury trying to box him. If he can't knock him out he is just hitting air.

I agree, I just gave a possible reason that the judges may have given those rounds to Wilder. I thought Fury controlled the action, and landed the harder and cleaner punches in the rounds I gave him. But several were close. The judges clearly believed that Wilder was more effective in those rounds.

Back