So no more kickboxing on Eurosport from 2017

what hate? eastern europe to me is just more of a russian/slavian thing and different from norther/western/southern europe, no hate here.
Thought you were being disrespectful when you said "eastern europe is not europe". Re-read the post and still not sure what you point was exactly BUT I still can't agree.

I am a Russian-born Polish resident and I've been witness to the country's development since the fall of communism. Russia may have not evolved in rural areas as much as its capital but Poland is 100% Europe almost in its entirety. Apart from the salaries it really isn't much worse off than Germany or France - I've lived in both long enough to make the comparison IMHO.

So if you meant that Eastern Europe is not as developed as the west then Poland begs to differ. If you meant mentality then this is a far more complex topic but still, work-wise Polish companies meet the highest standards and major corporations are moving their offices and managerial positions to Poland as we speak.

PS. sorry for the OT

Please tell us which country you visited and when exactly.
ONG Bak Boy is on my ignoring list. He"s a troll and a lying person. His info is false. :)) Don"t worry too much, my friend.

Last edited:
Disappointing. Kickboxing is the only thing I ever watched on Eurosport. If they had Judo, Karate or even TKD tournaments I'd watch also. But no, seems like they prefer golf and snooker. What a bore.

Eurosport is the kind of channel you have playing in the background on the TV screens in the pubs. I guess snooker, darts and golf is more appropriate to that setting.

Eurosport is the kind of channel you have playing in the background on the TV screens in the pubs. I guess snooker, darts and golf is more appropriate to that setting.
So you're saying that Eurosport is "the elevator music" of sports bars? :D

Glory has ESPN on poster but it"s ESPN 3 in fact. So Superkombat can"t advertize with CBS instead of CBS Sports?

Anyway, CBS Sports > ESPN 3. Everybody knows in the US, if you"re American.

I don"t know if in terms of money, but in terms of watching a show on TV, not online. Glory gets money now from Brazilian and Romanian televisions, not really from the United States. And probably from China.
Glory gets shown on ESPN2 on delay, which is way bigger than CBS Sports. Glory ditched CBS Sport to go to FightPass for SFS. Obviously it has to be a better deal financially for them to make the move. Still, that's irrelevant. Good news, not BIG news for SK.

Snooker
Glory gets shown on ESPN2 on delay, which is way bigger than CBS Sports.

But not live unfortunately. Glory deserves a way better television than ESPN 3. Do you agree? I don"t understand how they can"t get better. This is just strange.

Really, I would not stay for delay on ESPN 2. Although some would follow, but live attracts more.

Snooker

But not live unfortunately. Glory deserves a way better television than ESPN 3. Do you agree? I don"t understand how they can"t get better. This is just strange.

Really, I would not stay for delay on ESPN 2. Although some would follow, but live attracts more.
They had done some ESPN2 live shows if I remember correctly. The issue is a lot of these shows take place in Europe. Having it live does nothing for the US audience because of time difference. Tape delay is better for getting eyes on it in many cases. Don't be surprised if SK on CBSports is delayed...

Maybe in the UK, where you also have different schedule. In whole Europe on the continent we grew up with Eurosport. I can show you ratings. Romania has Premier League on Eurosport, Denmark has Spanish Primera and Serie A, Netherlands also Italian League, Russia has NHL, etc. Eurosport has Bundesliga for all too.

K-1 is Eurosport, Moto GP, basketball, tennis (all the big tournaments except for Wimbledon) and more. Very popular channel in Europe. Legendary I would say, they also had a lot of football, even international. They previously had Eurogoals for all the leagues in Europe. But the Americans are destroying this channel.

They had done some ESPN2 live shows if I remember correctly. The issue is a lot of these shows take place in Europe. Having it live does nothing for the US audience because of time difference. Tape delay is better for getting eyes on it in many cases.

Glory just had 2 shows in the United States. Most of the shows are in America. Glory was made for the US.

ESPN doesn"t give a fuck and doesn"t respect this promotion. Glory should be looking for a channel in America. Impossible they can"t get one and good. Glory should fire all those that negotiated.

So talk for yourself, Tayski, Eurosport had 4-5 times better ratings in countries like Germany and the Netherlands, and in France 8 times better than in the United Kingdom. Sky even failed to reach Eurosport UK deal on its platform.

Thought it was the French??:confused:

The Americans from Discovery acquired percents, but now they completed even more. First 20%, then 51% and so on.

The new logo has a star, instead of the stars of Europe.

The Americans just don"t understand Europe and want to Americanize it.

I am a Russian-born Polish resident and I've been witness to the country's development since the fall of communism. Russia may have not evolved in rural areas as much as its capital but Poland is 100% Europe almost in its entirety. Apart from the salaries it really isn't much worse off than Germany or France - I've lived in both long enough to make the comparison IMHO.
Just so you know I have never met anyone else who said "East Europe is not Europe." There are cultural differences but its the same as the cultural differences between Ireland and Denmark for example.

How is Eastern Europe not Europe? It is bigger than Western Europe. How far it is developed doesn't even matter it's of no significance at all (and it's not as if Greece and to a lesser part Spain or in the past Ireland are doing that well).

Saying Eastern Europe isn't Europe is one of the most mind numingly dumb things I've heard recently

How is Eastern Europe not Europe? It is bigger than Western Europe. How far it is developed doesn't even matter it's of no significance at all (and it's not as if Greece and to a lesser part Spain or in the past Ireland are doing that well).

Saying Eastern Europe isn't Europe is one of the most mind numingly dumb things I've heard recently

Ong Bak Boy is a user without any respect, but not just to the East Europeans, also to the British people and Thais. Half of Germany was in the Eastern Bloc. Moreover Eastern Europe developed better than many states of the US in the last decades. In the EU, Eastern countries of Europe are having the best growths of economy. East Europe is a beautiful place now to visit.

Not to mention that geographically, Greece and Turkey, and even Austria and Italy can also be in East Europe. If we split the continent in two.

It"s pathetic that a user coming from a small country, can talk about big countries of Europe like Poland, Hungary, Romania, former Yugoslavia and Russia, and not only. AND ABOUT EAST GERMANY.

Last edited:
Thought you were being disrespectful when you said "eastern europe is not europe". Re-read the post and still not sure what you point was exactly BUT I still can't agree.

So if you meant that Eastern Europe is not as developed as the west then Poland begs to differ. If you meant mentality then this is a far more complex topic but still, work-wise Polish companies meet the highest standards and major corporations are moving their offices and managerial positions to Poland as we speak.

PS. sorry for the OT

i've been to poland and they are more european than us.
i'm fom italy, which is africa today.

back to the topic, eurosport last 2 years did horrible job with kickboxing, some fights (superkombat heavyweights for example) were jokes. hard times for KB.

i've been to poland and they are more european than us.
i'm fom italy, which is africa today.

back to the topic, eurosport last 2 years did horrible job with kickboxing, some fights (superkombat heavyweights for example) were jokes. hard times for KB.
Grazie, amico. I've been to Italy several times and I actually enjoyed it a lot. I'd agree that the south has a bit of that arabic vibe going on but the north is nice and european. ;)

I'm trying so hard not to believe the "French are pussies" stereotypes, but my God they don't make it easy.

L'Equipe 21 propose Boxing/KB/MT events weekly + some Judo and grappling tournaments regularly

Back