So no more kickboxing on Eurosport from 2017

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
:( What do you say about this, dear fellows? K-1 is in Europe so much popular because of Eurosport.

People like to dis Eurosport but it's a damn shame IMO.

Wouldn't be here obsessing over the sport without them :/

i dont care. it used to have k1 (the real deal, not the crappy k1 of recent times), super league and other good promotions. it used to be awesome to watch fights

but right now.......i dont care for superkombat or that other promotion they broadcasted....such a low level often that it becomes very laughable and with weid singers/ring speakers and shit.....haven't watch fight sports in eurosport for a while since it became shitty anyway

Yeah, the glory days of kickboxing on Eurosport are long gone. Most fights they show now suck ass.

I blame SuperKombat.

Superkombat, Glory, K-1, WFL and more.

An era ended. Not that I care too much, I still have SK on Pro TV and Sport.ro, and they signed with US and Brazil already.

But it"s about kickboxing, Fight Club, etc. :(

Maybe Rizin will subconsciously awaken the minds of the Japanese to once again bringing in the gaijin, especially the heavies and resurrecting the scene.

i enjoyed them superkombat shows. its a shame when kickboxing cant get air time but horse riding and fucking netball can. or golf, what kind of man watches golf over kickboxing.

Television is geared towards the baby boomers who watch it all day. We can't really be surprised that KB gets little attention.

i enjoyed them superkombat shows. its a shame when kickboxing cant get air time but horse riding and fucking netball can. or golf, what kind of man watches golf over kickboxing.
Golf, Darts, Snooker and F-1 and Nascar sadly get more interest then real sports like Kickboxing, Rugby league, Gymnastics etc etc.

:( What do you say about this, dear fellows? K-1 is in Europe so much popular because of Eurosport.

I'm not suprised really. I can't remember the last time Eurosport UK broadcasted anything under the Fight Club banner. I remember them showing some Kun Lun Fights and a few GLORY events as well. I don't they showed anything last year.

Golf, Darts, Snooker and F-1 and Nascar sadly get more interest then real sports like Kickboxing, Rugby league, Gymnastics etc etc.
I personally don"t think they get, but the new owners from France want to remove violence. So no more fighting sports on Eurosport at all. I think even boxing is removed.

I personally don"t think they get, but the new owners from France want to remove violence. So no more fighting sports on Eurosport at all. I think even boxing is removed.

I'm trying so hard not to believe the "French are pussies" stereotypes, but my God they don't make it easy.

Eurosport was owned by frenchies for the whole duration they broadcast violence. Now it isn't anymore. Don't think the lack of kickboxing has anything to do with wanting to remove violence and all to do with Eurosport doing more localized feeds in each country and broadcasting various football leagues instead. Kickboxing made sense when they could do it ~Europe wide for cheap and they didn't have the money to buy such broad football rights.

Last edited:
I'm trying so hard not to believe the "French are pussies" stereotypes, but my God they don't make it easy.
The French used to be quite thuggish in the sporting world and I'm not taking Kickboxing or Savate.

Back