So...Kelvin is going to destroy Bisping

Kelvin's striking and power are legit at 185. He's got wrestling as a backup and he's facing Bisping who is on a few weeks notice. I favor Kelvin.

probably.
He'll get it done quicker than GSP and expose the fraud.

Do you think Luke Rockhold was a fraud as well then?

I lost 70 dollars on a bet on Bisping vs GSP.
He got finished by a semi retired blown up WW who can't finish WWs.
Not going to bet on him ever again.

Nice way to describe GSP, but I'd probably go with "one of the p4p best fighters who've ever stepped in the octagon".

Yours is more negative obviously, but I assume that's what you were going for.

I just think to discredit GSP and completely downplay & overlook his achievements within the sport just to make Bisping look bad is pretty pathetic IMO.

Bisping barely beat old man dan, barely beat Leites. Its not really a matter of decline, he was never elite. Weidman would annihilate Bisping.

Yeah I know what you mean... remember when Weidman annihilated Rockhold... oh wait... but still yeah remember when Rockhold annihilated Bisping?... oh shit wait... wait come back to me in a minute I will think of another reason why Bisping is shit I promise!!

Bisping does not have the size Weidman does, they're going to be boxing and Kelvin is going to lay Bisping out.

Weidman is 1" taller than Bisping who used to fight at 205.

I love it when people just claim huge size advantages based on poor memory. Just because Bisping is a stamina/endurance fighter does not mean he's a small MW.

Nice way to describe GSP, but I'd probably go with "one of the p4p best fighters who've ever stepped in the octagon".

I just think to discredit GSP and completely downplay & overlook his achievements within the sport just to make Bisping look bad is pretty pathetic IMO.

Yeah I know what you mean... remember when Weidman annihilated Rockhold... oh wait... but still yeah remember when Rockhold annihilated Bisping?... oh shit wait... wait come back to me in a minute I will think of another reason why Bisping is shit I promise!!
I remember when Rockhold annihilated Bisping. Nice MMAth btw

funny, i just rewatched it today, becuase someone else made a similar claim.

Kelvin won about 15 seconds of standup out of about 5.5 minutes (the other 7 or so minutes took place on the ground). he didn't lose another 2 or 3 minutes (they were close), and he lost 2 or 3 minutes. but he only won about 15 seconds; the last 15 seconds of round 1. enjoy the PBP.

all that being said, i think Kelvin will win. and Kelvin did last one great shot on Weidman. but beyond that one shot with 10 seconds left in the round, he accomplished almost nothing standing.

but i think that patience and fast hard counter will work well against Bisping's less powerful volume striking.
And weidman won 0 % of standup.weidman landed more useless strike.thats about it

Yes, I remember when Rockhold annihilated Bisping. The time Luke didnt try to look cool and step into a jab to be clobbered.

He is the MW Matt Serra except Serra was prepared to fight real contenders.

Mike got a lucky win. He was never the best fighter in the division and thats why he hand picked his opponents, and even then got beat up by a senior citizen and finished by a WW four years on the bench after two ACL surgeries.

I remember when Rockhold annihilated Bisping. Nice MMAth btw

Yeah you got me on the MMA math I normally blast guys for using that... it just frustrates me when people come on here spouting off on their favorite subject... which is how terrible Bisping is.

At the end of the day he went from being labelled as "half-decent gatekeeper" to winning the 185lbs title in legit fashion and joining a line of undisputed linear champions. There was no interim nonsense, he faced the best MW out there at the time and knocked him unconscious in the first round. He has constantly exceeded expectations throughout his career and even after his reign as legitimate MW champion, people are still doing their utmost to tear him down.

Yeah, I'd imagine he's going to TKO Bisping with his left.

Yes, I remember when Rockhold annihilated Bisping. The time Luke didnt try to look cool and step into a jab to be clobbered.

He is the MW Matt Serra except Serra was prepared to fight real contenders.

Mike got a lucky win. He was never the best fighter in the division and thats why he hand picked his opponents, and even then got beat up by a senior citizen and finished by a WW four years on the bench after two ACL surgeries.

Ok so Luke trying to "look cool" means that Bisping's win deserves less credit somehow?

Let me ask you a question... did you ever consider Weidman to be a legit MW champion? And if your answer is yes, did you not think his victories came from (firstly) taking advantage of Silva's overconfidence and (secondly) slightly by fluke when AS broke his leg. If your answer is no... then you hold no respect for the line of MW champions since Weidman. Which one is it?

Serra went for the instant re-match. Different time... different division... different context... ultimately irrelevant. Also on this point... do you consider JDS a legit champion? Or lucky fluke champion... I'm interested please let me know.

Yeah I know that old frail senior citizen Dan Henderson who just KOd Hector Lombard only 3 months prior. And lamped Bisping with the same shot that would knockout a horse and Bisping ate it and came back to win.

I did.weidman never land a clean or punch that stun gastelum.kelvin completely destroyed weidman in standup.is pretty obvious who's the better striker.

lol. cute.

3rd round Weidman did very well against Gastelum. you have obviously forgotten it. go watch the first 90 seconds of the 3rd round.

you simply aren't remembering it correctly. like most of us do, you're remembering bits and pieces.

Bisping beats Weidman.
giphy.gif

lol. cute.

3rd round Weidman did very well against Gastelum. you have obviously forgotten it. go watch the first 90 seconds of the 3rd round.

you simply aren't remembering it correctly. like most of us do, you're remembering bits and pieces.
You mean when kelvin slip?

Back