So...Kelvin is going to destroy Bisping

50 - 0

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The only reason Weidman beat Kelvin is because he panic wrestled him after being KO'd mid air. Weidman looked atleast 2 weight classes bigger than Kelvin

Bisping does not have the size Weidman does, they're going to be boxing and Kelvin is going to lay Bisping out.

You can't panic wrestle if your strategy was to wrestle from the beginning.

probably.
He'll get it done quicker than GSP and expose the fraud.

Weidman only beat him because he dominated the entire fight aside from one punch.

But yes, he'll beat Bisping's ass.

The only reason Weidman beat Kelvin is because he panic wrestled him after being KO'd mid air. Weidman looked atleast 2 weight classes bigger than Kelvin

Bisping does not have the size Weidman does, they're going to be boxing and Kelvin is going to lay Bisping out.

funny, i just rewatched it today, becuase someone else made a similar claim.

Kelvin won about 15 seconds of standup out of about 5.5 minutes (the other 7 or so minutes took place on the ground). he didn't lose another 2 or 3 minutes (they were close), and he lost 2 or 3 minutes. but he only won about 15 seconds; the last 15 seconds of round 1. enjoy the PBP.

ok, you made me go watch it again. i don't remember it this way, but my memory is not what it used to be. be back in 10 minutes.

EDIT: first round, in 3 minutes he landed about 4 shots, including a huge one that knocked Weidman to the ground. Weidman was doing slightly better in standup until then. most of the round it was Chris being active and definitely the one Kelvin punch was better than the 10 or 12 piddling strikes Chris landed.

EDIT: round 2, about 1.25 minutes of standup. pretty even. still Weidman being a bit more active, Gastelum waiting.

EDIT: round 3 great first minute. Gastelum was knocked down but not hurt much got back up quickly. he was stunned a lot more 30 seconds later, ate about 4 clean shots, but then did that very gif-friendly head movement. very fun first minute. and Gastelum definitely landed a few heavy shots, but Weidman won this minute.

EDIT: next 1.5 minutes of round 3 (before the takedown) Weidman definitely got the better.

TLDR: not only did Kelvin NOT dominate Weidman on the feet, i don't even think he got the better of him. he did once, in the last 15 seconds of round one. Weidman won the majority of the other 5.5 minutes of standing. but thanks for making me to watch - that was fun.

all that being said, i think Kelvin will win. and Kelvin did last one great shot on Weidman. but beyond that one shot with 10 seconds left in the round, he accomplished almost nothing standing.

but i think that patience and fast hard counter will work well against Bisping's less powerful volume striking.

Last edited:
Might be crazy but I m leaning bisping here

i don't know about a ko. i can definitely see a tko, and most certainly a sub.

I disagree.

I think Bisping wins this via decision. He's going to be cautious and calculated and pick Gastellum apart.

Bisping beats Weidman. That is where your argument falls apart. Bisping hasn't declined enough to give Fatselum the win.

He can't even spell his first name right. He's not gonna destroy anybody.

It's "Kevin" for shit's sake.

I lost 70 dollars on a bet on Bisping vs GSP.
He got finished by a semi retired blown up WW who can't finish WWs.
Not going to bet on him ever again.

I lost 70 dollars on a bet on Bisping vs GSP.
He got finished by a semi retired blown up WW who can't finish WWs.
Not going to bet on him ever again.
I'm pretty angry over this defeat as well. Bisping got caught in a moment of being a little too predictable on the standup, and ended up moving INTO a left hook from Georges. It was embarrassing and as a Bisping fan hard to forgive. He will beat Gastelum but I won't be betting on it.

kevin seems like a bad matchup for bisbing. he is better boxer and he wont gas.

Bisping beats Weidman. That is where your argument falls apart. Bisping hasn't declined enough to give Fatselum the win.

Bisping barely beat old man dan, barely beat Leites. Its not really a matter of decline, he was never elite. Weidman would annihilate Bisping.

kevin seems like a bad matchup for bisbing. he is better boxer and he wont gas.
OSP was (i think) losing 2 rounds to none against Corey Anderson. if he didn't get that 3rd round highlight reel KTFO, he loses. OSP fights are like that; he loses rounds looking for the right strike.

similarly Kelvin is very patient (if you like, or "doesn't fight with urgency" if you don't) in that same way, and if it goes to decision my guess is he loses.

for gamblers, Bisping by decision might be worth a look.

Back