So is McGregor a genius selfpromoter or he is destroying his life and career?

giphy.gif

I don’t know anything about Irish taxes but can he write off that 1 million euro extortion payment?

It's easy to get laid. It's easy to part and do drugs. You beta cucks worship this manlet because he's a dipshit. Being faithful to your woman is what brings about self respect--something a real man needs. Conor is so talented and he's most definitely wasting his potential at this point. He said the money, now he should focus on something positive.

Who knows to be honest whether it's just him being him or if he's actually trying to create media events.

The women in the hotel thing though, was recognized in a previous thread as a gossip writer who was likely joking. The Irish mob run in was also questionable. No pix... & the daughter of the guy who got hit said that it never happened. Basically the only thing the OP mentioned where there's any proof is the Bellator cage jump.

Either way though, it's a stretch to think he's "destroying his career..." after banking over 100 mill. It would hardly fit that description even if he never fought again.

In the end though, all these hijinx will only fuel his next PPV. You gotta stay in the news & keep the attention of social media buzzing to pull the casuals like he does.

he's got a few fights left on his contract, & I'm pretty sure he wants to get out a free man un-hindered by a contract looming over him... so I'm confident he wants to keep fighting for a bit longer.

- Parties, allegedly use of drugs
- Bellator cage intrusion incident
- Ireland mafia issue
- Cheating on Dee Devlin with Rita Ora
- Pacquiao fight (WTF)
- 10 glam women in stockings and fishnets to his hotel

rs_1024x759-171204162734-1024.jourdan-dunn-rita-ora-conor-mcgregor-irina-shayk.ct.120417.jpg

What do you think ???

This are signs Conor McGregor as lost control of his life ? drugs, fame and parties has gotten to him and he will be bankrup and dead in the next years ???

Or all this shit is just a way to make the news and make his name even more famous ?? Is all this planned by him just to stay relevant while inactive ???

What do you think ??

- Lost control ??
- Stay relevant masterplan ??

I think Bernardo O'Higgins would be proud of him.

By the by; did Bernardo ever reach Brazil and ride into someone's favela on....ah, forget it.

Who knows to be honest whether it's just him being him or if he's actually trying to create media events.

The Bellator thing didn't surprise me. What he said to Goddard about 'getting him' in Birmingham was odd. He shouldn't have slapped the official. When I first watched it all I seen was the chap putting his hand up to get Conor to get down. It was only on here or somewhere else where I read he got a hefty shove and it was, but still a big no, no to do that.

After a fight, Conor doesn't do tv shows or radio interviews and seems to keep low key. You might see the odd picture of him walking into a friend's house in his old area - which is the usual tabloid shite when they post a picture of a 'celeb' out in public. There was talk of a civic reception when he got home from the Alvarez fight, but I think it was only talk/rumours, and you can see right through those events governments hold by trying to raise their status for political means.

Dana said they were in talks a while back about a new contract and Conor said the same thing. I also tend to think that he took some shots to the head in the Mayweather match and is possibly doing no contact sparring or no sparring at all.

Junior was created so Dee can have some company while Conor's out fucking around

Dana said they were in talks a while back about a new contract and Conor said the same thing.
I'm not sure what that's all about with the new contract... because earlier this year before the Floyd fight, Dana said that Conor has 4 more fights left on his contract.
http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/ufc/dana-white-reveals-number-fights-9785049

Of course Conor has talked about his negotiations throughout the life of his prior/current contract... (that began just after the Aldo fight) so it got me wondering what Conor's leverage for negotiating is... if he's all ready under contract.

Assuming he still has a few fights left on his contract... the best as I can figure that Dana is talking about is that Conor is threatening to retire if they don't re-negotiate with him. In other words... if Conor retires... he does not have to complete his contract. He can NOT fight for anyone else for the rest of his life... but it would be within his legal right to retire even though he still has fights left to fullfill. So I think Conor is throwing retirement up in their faces as leverage to re-negotiate... even though he is still currently under contract.

This theory is backed up a bit with Dana saying recently a couple times that "Conor may never fight again." He's not saying "never fight again for the UFC".... he's saying "never again." So in my view at the moment, we got Conor threatening retirement while making big huge demands... & you got the UFC pretending like they are willing to let him retire so that they can ease his demands a little bit. I think this is what Dana is referring to when he is talking about a "new contract."

I'm not sure what that's all about with the new contract... because earlier this year before the Floyd fight, Dana said that Conor has 4 more fights left on his contract.
http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/ufc/dana-white-reveals-number-fights-9785049

Of course Conor has talked about his negotiations throughout the life of his prior/current contract... (that began just after the Aldo fight) so it got me wondering what Conor's leverage for negotiating is... if he's all ready under contract.

Assuming he still has a few fights left on his contract... the best as I can figure that Dana is talking about is that Conor is threatening to retire if they don't re-negotiate with him. In other words... if Conor retires... he does not have to complete his contract. He can NOT fight for anyone else for the rest of his life... but it would be within his legal right to retire even though he still has fights left to fullfill. So I think Conor is throwing retirement up in their faces as leverage to re-negotiate... even though he is still currently under contract.

This theory is backed up a bit with Dana saying recently a couple times that "Conor may never fight again." He's not saying "never fight again for the UFC".... he's saying "never again." So in my view at the moment, we got Conor threatening retirement while making big huge demands... & you got the UFC pretending like they are willing to let him retire so that they can ease his demands a little bit. I think this is what Dana is referring to when he is talking about a "new contract."

He says it here, he has every intention of returning to the Octagon or the ring (highly doubtful) but only if he is financially compensated his worth:

https://themaclife.com/featured-pos...-getting-back-into-the-right-ring-or-octagon/

Dana at that long scrum not so long ago said he and Conor were in negotiations also, as well as him possibly not fighting again. I remember as well during the boxing tour, when Dana was asked about Conor wanting equity in the company, he said something along the lines of; 'it's hard to deny him what he wants' But we know Dana changes his mind every second.

I remember as well after the Aldo fight, Helwani asked him if he thought he'd have a new contract, as prior to that on his show, Conor was talking about making 9 figures. I'd imagine his contract is different to everybody else.

The way I see it - if Conor retires, he's going to retire. (that last one not withstanding) I'd figure he'd make a lot more money doing crappy films and what not. He's 29, hasn't taken a great deal of shots to the head, so don't really see why he wouldn't fight on. Roddy was asked a question on Submission Radio about Conor's cardio and mentioned that Conor is flying around a lot doing business stuff. It seems like he has something to fall into when he retires. I think Dana throws out the whole 'oh, he might not fight again' to put doubt in people's minds. And then you have Conor saying he will fight again. They both seem to contradict one another some of the time.

Ferguson is out until early next year and Kavanagh said Conor would probably fight March or April. I'd imagine the revenue the UFC received a good chunk of money and that was why Dana said they had their best year when he did.

what do I think? I think he needs to kick that current broad to the curb and start slinging his dong around town. feed it to some of that hot ass he's always around. he could be cramming dime pieces left n right!!!

other than that? he's gotta get his act together. with his level of fame and his ego together it's a bad combo. he could crash n burn. but we'll see.

Ferguson is out until early next year and Kavanagh said Conor would probably fight March or April.
I hadn't heard Kav say that.... but that's really interesting.

Hmmm... those are the exact same 2 months that Ferg said he was going to be looking to schedule for his fight against McGregor. They're likely not making concrete plans just yet due to seeing how the surery goes. March 3 in Vegas - UFC 222 is the most likely target imo... but yeah, Kav & Ferg both quoted the same months.

I remember as well after the Aldo fight, Helwani asked him if he thought he'd have a new contract, as prior to that on his show, Conor was talking about making 9 figures. I'd imagine his contract is different to everybody else.
Yeah, I would assume it was a lot different since even back then, he was drawing huge. Even on Fox.

I just posted those 2 videos about a week ago while trying to find out how many fights Conor has left on his contract & when his contract started. Here's the 2 vids you're referring too, time stamped.

The first vid the contract wasn't done done on Oct. 6, 2015, but the 2nd vid shows that it was done prior to the Aldo fight on Dec 13, 2015. So this tells me his new contract started after the Aldo fight.

– Oct 6, 2015 New contract deal not done

– Dec 13, 2015, Post fight Aldo… the deal is done

He says it here, he has every intention of returning to the Octagon or the ring (highly doubtful) but only if he is financially compensated his worth:

https://themaclife.com/featured-pos...-getting-back-into-the-right-ring-or-octagon/
Right... so he's playing the game very hard, but that said, his intention is to fight some more.

Like you said, he doesn't have to... but I think he wants to get out from under the contractual control of the UFC before he leaves. They might even be able to limit him as a promoter even if he doesn't want to fight. I don't know about that... but he certainly wouldn't have the option of fighting anyone else if he didn't finish that contract. You know... maybe he retires but another 100 million dollar fight comes up in 5 or 10 years. That UFC contract will tie him to the UFC... so I think his biggest goal is to honor the few fights he has left... before he entertains the idea of no more fighting.

I hadn't heard Kav say that.... but that's really interesting.

Hmmm... those are the exact same 2 months that Ferg said he was going to be looking to schedule for his fight against McGregor. They're likely not making concrete plans just yet due to seeing how the surery goes. March 3 in Vegas - UFC 222 is the most likely target imo... but yeah, Kav & Ferg both quoted the same months.

I only heard about Ferguson's injury a couple of days ago and Kavanagh talked about Conor coming back in March/April a while back because that card in Boston was set for January and I think folk were thinking that would be a possible date for Conor to come back.

I just posted those 2 videos about a week ago while trying to find out how many fights Conor has left on his contract & when his contract started. Here's the 2 vids you're referring too, time stamped.

The first vid the contract wasn't done done on Oct. 6, 2015, but the 2nd vid shows that it was done prior to the Aldo fight on Dec 13, 2015. So this tells me his new contract started after the Aldo fight.

Well, I remember Lorenzo did an interview with FOX or could've being someone else, but he mentioned shortly after Conor talking about his new contract on Helwani's show and saying he will be the 1st fighter to make 100 million - which I thought was a bit odd, but then him and Frank sold the joint for 4 billion, so he might've being speaking on behalf of WME/IMG.

Right... so he's playing the game very hard, but that said, his intention is to fight some more.

Hmmm. This is Dana's word and we know Dana's word is not exactly reliable but he mentioned that Conor is not difficult when it comes to making deals - which probably means the opposite. I think Dana said at that scrum Conor had 4 fights left on his contract.

Like you said, he doesn't have to... but I think he wants to get out from under the contractual control of the UFC before he leaves. They might even be able to limit him as a promoter even if he doesn't want to fight. I don't know about that... but he certainly wouldn't have the option of fighting anyone else if he didn't finish that contract. You know... maybe he retires but another 100 million dollar fight comes up in 5 or 10 years. That UFC contract will tie him to the UFC... so I think his biggest goal is to honor the few fights he has left... before he entertains the idea of no more fighting.

Yeah, it's really a guessing game. I get the impression that the number of fights on his contract is not the issue and he doesn't have to fight those 4 fights to renew his contract, it's just his guaranteed purse, PPV points and him wanting more of a cut of the PPV's.

If he gets equity in the company, he is sort of in a way paying fighters, or at least I think he is. Either way, you earn money from fighting him and GSP or being co-main on their card. If he manages to co-promote with the UFC, that would be a massive, but not sure how legal that is. I don't think the NAC give a crap once they make their money out of it. Actually, Mayweather was a promoter and always boxed in Vegas, didn't he?

Who the fook wouldn't party with that pile money laying around?

Sure invest so theres a future and all and sumn for the kid yada yada ya

But the life comes only once, have fun while you can

McGregor made a fortune, he conned everyone and weaselled his way to where he is. The sport has suffered, the fans have suffered...but hey...then ma has fancy suits. Good for him.

- Parties, allegedly use of drugs
- Bellator cage intrusion incident
- Ireland mafia issue
- Cheating on Dee Devlin with Rita Ora
- Pacquiao fight (WTF)
- 10 glam women in stockings and fishnets to his hotel

It's all an act, so the lame Sherbros have something to do on Instagram.

Back