So, as an old guy... Perrys first 13 fights. 2 losses. Robbies first 13. 3 losses.

Absolutely.
It's really too soon to totally count out Perry from getting UFC gold is dumb.
Weirder shit has happen after all.

Not the same era

Perry is too 1 dimensional for the elite at WW - sorry Perry-brahs

Well, Robbie fought because he loved it.

Perry seems to want to get paid and be a millionaire. He might get there if he sticks with it as long as Lawler, but will he?

Sorry mate but tanner was a hell of a fighter for a self taught guy. And Diaz, well Perry's style is tailor made for him.

And maybe you should watch some of Miller's early fights before he lost his marbled. He was a talented fighter.
Tell us in what ways is perry better than daley? Both aggressive strikers who want to bang. Semtex seems to have more power though. Diaz took everything he had and didnt even think to grapple. Everyone knows to beat a diaz you need to wrestle or avoid a boxing match. Nick would embarrass perry with his cardio

I gotta tell you the exact same talk happened about Robbie on here back in his first stint with the UFC. I would even suggest watch Robbies first UFC fights and compare them to Perrys. Why?

Well look where Robbie ended up.

If you look on other forums where most members are realistic you'll see it's mostly just many Sherdog members being unrealistic about how good Perry is/was.Difference between Robbie then and Perry now is there was so few fighters at 170 back then so his hype was more warranted as he had a much better chance making it to the top.

I remember when I got UFC 42 or whichever it was on PPV and we were all laughing at how this skinny bjj guy said he'd stand with Robbie and KO him.After he lost to Diaz he seemed to mentally break a bit moving up to MW and having mixed results but against great guys even though his heart didn't seem fully in it then came back to the UFC fired up and gave it a 100%.

Robbie did have a higher ceiling than Perry in most fans eyes,you just post on Sherdog.Perry has big potential and who knows what the future brings but the comparison is mediocre,but on Sherdog I guess it works.Getting clearly beat Jouban should have taught fans how good he was.

I know a lot of Sherdog members talk about Perry's "greatness" jokingly but I think about 80% of the Platinum Nation (lol) actually believed it or eventually believed it,it's hilarious.

Last edited:
26 year olds with 13 fights never improve in MMA.

Well, as I have pointed out, Robbie might have all this now, but way back....................

Do you think he got cut because he had too much skill?

As a long time MMA/UFC fan, you should know by now that many skilled fighters have been cut, and the main issues have almost always been disagreement over money.

Regarding fight IQ: A fighter is born with or without it. It cannot be taught. Training can only develop what a fighter has. It cannot develop what a fighter doesn't have.

Robbie is a case one of the most unique late-career resurgences ever though.

Not really. He's only lost to the very top. It wasnt a resurgence like everyone says. Besides Larkins his only loses are from fighters who are or where WEC, Strikeforce, EliteXC, Shooto, IFC, Rings, Dream, EC champions.

Robbie is a case one of the most unique late-career resurgences ever though.

Might be hard for Perry to do that in the USADA era

If you know what I'm saying

One difference is that if Mike were to get cut or leave the UFC there are not many options for him. Robbie went on to fight in PRIDE, EliteXC, Strikeforce, Icon, Superbrawl etc. And mostly fought against a high level of opponent, and for a long period of time. If Perry were to leave, other than a couple dudes in Bellator, where can be get better?

I gotta tell you the exact same talk happened about Robbie on here back in his first stint with the UFC. I would even suggest watch Robbies first UFC fights and compare them to Perrys. Why?

Well look where Robbie ended up.

tenor.gif

Lol for every Robbie case there are countless others who went nowhere.

There have been so many guys that looked promising at first but then lost a few and vanished for ever or never got beyond mediocrity.

So many guys with power, athleticism etc. and big wins early (bigger wins than Perry) never were able to build on early success.

To compare Perry's case to Robbie's is optimistic to say the least.

But lets just wait and see. This non-stop gloating about nothing really but a few decent wins is pretty annoying though.

Last edited:
I,for one, am not counting out Perry and I know alot of people aren't either. His young. Although he looked like a street fighter last night his in the beginning of his career and if he is willing to learn I don't see why we shouldn't see a better version of him next time round. Perry needs to primarily focus on not being flat-flooted or else he'll always get out-pointed. I'm sure others on here in the past have thought the same about Robbie in his younger days.

I reckon Perry looked best in his first ufc fight against the big Korean

How many top 5 fighters lawler fought ? How many top 10 perry fought ? 1 and he lost. He was given a chance, a fight he didn't deserve and he failed.

Tell us in what ways is perry better than daley? Both aggressive strikers who want to bang. Semtex seems to have more power though. Diaz took everything he had and didnt even think to grapple. Everyone knows to beat a diaz you need to wrestle or avoid a boxing match. Nick would embarrass perry with his cardio

? Huh? That's what I said....Diaz obliterates Perry. When I said Perry was tailor made for Diaz, I meant his style is perfect for Diaz to use his head as a percussion drum.

Back