So, as an old guy... Perrys first 13 fights. 2 losses. Robbies first 13. 3 losses.

? Huh? That's what I said....Diaz obliterates Perry. When I said Perry was tailor made for Diaz, I meant his style is perfect for Diaz to use his head as a percussion drum.
sorry mang my bad

Diaz and tanner would both have eaten Perry alive.

Hell so would a prime Jason Miller.

Robbie is a vastly better fighter than Perry at any point in their comparative careers
Diaz? Yeah. The other two? Doubtful at best

Clearly you never saw Tanner or Miller at their best (if at all...)
Miller had good BJJ, TDD and stand-up was horrible.
Tanner, RIP and as much as a liked him in his prime was an average fighter.
Wouldn't even be in the UFC in today's game.

Perry ain't going to be anywhere close to Robbie's level. Perry won't ever fight for a UFC title. Guarantee it.

Miller had good BJJ, TDD and stand-up was horrible.
Tanner, RIP and as much as a liked him in his prime was an average fighter.
Wouldn't even be in the UFC in today's game.

Tanner taught himself to fight watching videos, if he was prime age today with a good camp he would have been stellar

Where's the evidence that Perry will become anything close to what Lawler became? At 26 Lawler was just about to sign with Strikeforce for what was an insane grind through a cuththroat Strikeforce MW division. If Perry gives us something epic like the Manhoef knockout, then we can start making comparisons. Right now any such comparisons are stupid.

Perry will never face the level of competition Lawler faced in that MW Strikeforce division. He has no ability to experience that type of growth and in truth he would get slaughtered against any of the upper echelon welterweights such as Till, Masvidal, Wonderboy etc. Nevermind the middleweight division.

Back