So, as an old guy... Perrys first 13 fights. 2 losses. Robbies first 13. 3 losses.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I gotta tell you the exact same talk happened about Robbie on here back in his first stint with the UFC. I would even suggest watch Robbies first UFC fights and compare them to Perrys. Why?

Well look where Robbie ended up.

Robbie had far more speed back in the day and that is what is going to fuck over perry.

also Perry has never been finished.

By the way....your comparison of 13 fights is pretty arbitrary just to line it up with Perry's current record.
We can pick any stretch of a record and compare that I dunno if it means much.

Robbie is a case one of the most unique late-career resurgences ever though.

Last edited:
I,for one, am not counting out Perry and I know alot of people aren't either. His young. Although he looked like a street fighter last night his in the beginning of his career and if he is willing to learn I don't see why we shouldn't see a better version of him next time round. Perry needs to primarily focus on not being flat-flooted or else he'll always get out-pointed. I'm sure others on here in the past have thought the same about Robbie in his younger days.

Diaz and tanner would both have eaten Perry alive.

Hell so would a prime Jason Miller.

Robbie is a vastly better fighter than Perry at any point in their comparative careers

Until a fighter goes on a long losing streak 3+ fights you really shouldn't count them out.

Look at Holloway, RDA, Arlovski etc. Shit happens. Fighters lose. Fighters make adjustments. Fighters come back.

Or they don't. But until that stage don't count anyone out.

Ya but Robbie was only about 22yrs old at the time Perry is 26. ah well i thought id throw something into the convo.

Diaz and tanner would both have eaten Perry alive.

Hell so would a prime Jason Miller.

Robbie is a vastly better fighter than Perry at any point in their comparative careers
Robbie was JUST a banger with a chin in his early UFC fights. It is very easy to see a similarity. I don't think Tanner or Miller would have simply beat Perry. Maybe they would or maybe not. I think Nick would though.

Ya but Robbie was only about 22yrs old at the time Perry is 26. ah well i thought id throw something into the convo.
True, but Tanner, and I hate to sat this because I loved the guy, would not have been as good today. Ponz would have taken Tanner out.

Robbie was JUST a banger with a chin in his early UFC fights. It is very easy to see a similarity. I don't think Tanner or Miller would have simply beat Perry. Maybe they would or maybe not. I think Nick would though.

Sorry mate but tanner was a hell of a fighter for a self taught guy. And Diaz, well Perry's style is tailor made for him.

And maybe you should watch some of Miller's early fights before he lost his marbled. He was a talented fighter.

He ended up at WW and not at MW where he was fighting for his 13th fight.
So unless you think Perry has a future at LW the comparison doesn't work.

True, but Tanner, and I hate to sat this because I loved the guy, would not have been as good today. Ponz would have taken Tanner out.
True, but yea Tanner was a tough guy back in the day sucks man how things happen.

Robbie was a lot more skilled then Perry.Miller would of submitted Perry probably pretty easy,Tanner was better every where back then and would beat him and Nick would of beat him anywhere.Perry is just a slugger with no skill.Power and a good chin and If he cant land a big hay maker to get a ko then he can't do shit.

I gotta tell you the exact same talk happened about Robbie on here back in his first stint with the UFC. I would even suggest watch Robbies first UFC fights and compare them to Perrys. Why?

Well, other than what the posters above have mentioned, what needs to be pointed out is that Robbie is much smarter than Perry, who seems to have very low IQ.

Robbie has aggression, toughness, power, and intelligence.
Perry has aggression, toughness, power, but his intelligence is lacking.

He won't get very far, unless he gets with a really good coach who can somehow work around this weakness of his.

Well, other than what the posters above have mentioned, what needs to be pointed out is that Robbie is much smarter than Perry, who seems to have very low IQ.

Robbie has aggression, toughness, power, and intelligence.
Perry has aggression, toughness, power, but his intelligence is lacking.

He won't get very far, unless he gets with a really good coach who can somehow work around this weakness of his.
Well, as I have pointed out, Robbie might have all this now, but way back....................

Do you think he got cut because he had too much skill?

Back