Snikt

If I don't get a 3 plate squat by the end of the year than I fucking give up.

56263744.jpg

That's the spirit! I think I may well give up checking in on this pathetic excuse of a log.

May as well, not like I even use it for it's intended purpose is it lol

Just out of curiosity. Do you ever stop feeling sorry for yourself?

I said that as a form of giving myself an extra incentive to get the job done. Thought that would have been obvious. I set a 3 plate squat goal for myself nearly 4 fucking years ago, back is healthy. Need to get it done with a liberal use of joker sets and fsl multiple sets. Maybe some lighter squatting during my second lifting session of the week.

Anyway....i won't be logging my conditioning or lifting here, but I will log pb's and training max increases to show whether I'm progressing or not.

Current training maxes (90% of max)

Power clean 75kg

Squat 115kg

Bench press 100kg

Deadlift 140kg (it's definitely higher than that but I'm being very conservative with this right now)

Press 60kg

As far as increasing my training max at the end of each cycle goes I'm going to borrow an idea from the Juggernaut Method. During my 5/3/1 weeks this is how I'll decide how much to increase my training max by.

1-2 reps: increase training max by 2.5kg.

3-4 reps: increase training max by 5kg.

5-6 reps: increase training max by 7.5kg.

7-8 reps: increase training max by 10kg (unlikely that will happen).

I will never increase it by more than 10kg at a time.

Grip pr today lol.. Always had trouble using a double overhand grip on deadlifts with anything much over 100kg. Managed it with 112.5kg today.

Why would you log your PRs and training max increases, but not your actual lifting?

Are you trying to keep us all on the edge of our seats, or something?

Also, come on, brah. It's time to squat 315. You weigh 230 and have been at this for years.

Because I find it tedious enough writing it all out by hand as it is. Maybe I'll just log the work sets on here then.

I'm writing 2 of those years off for that back injury.

Work sets today...

Deadlift

100 x 3

112.5 x 3

125 x3+4=7

Joker sets

135 x 3

Bench press

70 x 3

80 x 3

90 x 3+4=7

Assistance stuff for my lats/triceps/upper back/biceps/abs/neck and I was done

Last edited:
If you find typing out something like the above to be "tedious", I've got some bad news.

why don't you just download the Jugg spreadsheet and do what it says? you'll find regulation to be quite accurate.

If you find typing out something like the above to be "tedious", I've got some bad news.

Wouldn't mind if it was from a laptop or computer and not my phone.

why don't you just download the Jugg spreadsheet and do what it says? you'll find regulation to be quite accurate.

I'm already on my second week, not about to program hop now. Besides, I downloaded juggernaut 2.0 yesterday and skimmed through it 3-4 times. I'll give it a go at some point after I've ran this for a few months. Maybe even a year. Thank you for the suggestion though.

When I cut back on my conditioning a bit in December I might run building the monolith for 6-12 weeks. Been eyeing that variation up for the last couple of months but right now isn't the time.

I didn't realize you were running 531. I would do it the way you're supposed to though. 10Lbs and 5lbs. Much easier to manage.

Stick with 531. you'll have your 315 in no time. Program hop and you'll find yourself chasing it for a long time.

I don't know about that lol but I get your point. And I'll only be upping my squat by 2.5kg not 5kg next cycle. All this conditioning is weakening my legs.

E.g. 2 weeks ago I got 120kg for 4 reps and 100kg for 8 reps. And a week before that I did 3 sets of 5 with 110kg.

Monday was 3's day and I only managed to squeeze out 4 reps with 110kg.

This is normal though. Jim wendler has written at length many times about this happening to himself when he upped his conditioning.

I don't know about that lol but I get your point. And I'll only be upping my squat by 2.5kg not 5kg next cycle. All this conditioning is weakening my legs.

E.g. 2 weeks ago I got 120kg for 4 reps and 100kg for 8 reps. And a week before that I did 3 sets of 5 with 110kg.

Monday was 3's day and I only managed to squeeze out 4 reps with 110kg.

This is normal though. Jim wendler has written at length many times about this happening to himself when he upped his conditioning.

Made a mistake. Monday I was only using 102.5kg. 110kg is next week.

Grip pr today lol.. Always had trouble using a double overhand grip on deadlifts with anything much over 100kg. Managed it with 112.5kg today.

Should said deadlift grip pr since I have done sets of 8 with 140kg barbell shrugs not too long ago.

Back