Snikt

Notes about my workout earlier:

Every squat from the first set to the last was way below parallel. Bar placement seems to be sorted and seems to have done me some good.

If you're trying to achieve a goal, which you are, I'd probably refrain from unplanned lifting sessions.

Given your personality, at least how you come off on here, you're really going to have to make it a point to be consistent and follow the programming you've decided on. Stop tinkering, stop modifying, stop the unplanned sessions. Follow the fucking program. Whichever one it is. Just fucking follow it.

You talk about how your lifting has been in a rut for years and you haven't even hit a 315 squat, yet you keep repeating the same mistakes and habits that have gotten you nowhere.

Serious reply, you think just because it was unplanned that it was random? No. I was supposed to do some conditiong on Saturday, but the space I need was taken up so I couldn't do what I wanted. As I'd already had three conditioning sessions that week I thought it would be a good opportunity to work on something else that needed addressing, my bar placement. Sorted in 2 minutes so thought I would do some triples. Felt good so went for some doubles. Then singles, and I accomplished quite a lot.

1. Sorted my bar placement and ingrained some consistency with it.

2. Found out how heavy I could go before form starts to break down.

3: gave me confidence that I still have it in me to exceed my past efforts.

I already had it in mind to do this as I suspected the gym may be too crowded to do what I was planning. What I did had been pre planned and thought through.

Tldr: stop prematurely criticising me.

Notes about my workout earlier:

Every squat from the first set to the last was way below parallel. Bar placement seems to be sorted and seems to have done me some good.

Serious reply, you think just because it was unplanned that it was random? No. I was supposed to do some conditiong on Saturday, but the space I need was taken up so I couldn't do what I wanted. As I'd already had three conditioning sessions that week I thought it would be a good opportunity to work on something else that needed addressing, my bar placement. Sorted in 2 minutes so thought I would do some triples. Felt good so went for some doubles. Then singles, and I accomplished quite a lot.

1. Sorted my bar placement and ingrained some consistency with it.

2. Found out how heavy I could go before form starts to break down.

3: gave me confidence that I still have it in me to exceed my past efforts.

I already had it in mind to do this as I suspected the gym may be too crowded to do what I was planning. What I did had been pre planned and thought through.

Tldr: stop prematurely criticising me.

Wow. I don't even...

how to laugh like joker (jared leto ,heath ledger…:

It's honestly really sad that you don't seem to understand what you just typed out.

I'm not an "elite" powerlifter, by any means, but it's legit pretty ridiculous that you respond to the genuine advice I try to give you like an infant. Act your age. I'm an absolute fuckload stronger than you'll ever be. Do you really think I have no insight? I was at your point once. Now I'm not. Hmmm, I wonder why?

I saw your post a couple weeks ago asking about Sheiko programming. I didn't respond on purpose. I wasn't going to waste my time and effort typing out a post that you wouldn't listen to. Sheiko isn't for you. Honestly, lifting weights isn't for you. If anything, I'd recommend that you follow the original starting strength.

Just discovered that heavy battle ropes are a good substitute for sledgehammer swings. Fun times. Not exactly the same, and a little awkward swinging it but felt good none the less once I got the hang of it.

Anyway, went for a short fasted run this morning and then went to the gym to do 30 minutes of conditioning.

Up at 3:45am and out the door by 4:20am for a slow 48 minute jog.

Up at 3:45am and out the door by 4:20am for a slow 48 minute jog.

A couple of hours later....

5/3/1 (351) cycle 2 week 1 day 2

Deadlift

Work sets
100 x3
115 x3
127.5 x3+7=10. Definitely a rep pr.

Bench press

Work sets
72.5 x3
82.5 x3
92.5 x3+2=5

Finisher

Arm over arm rope pulls

15 m x4

Ss

Backwards drags

15m x3

I'm lifting twice a week (usually), doing conditioning 4 times a week and pretty soon will be boxing 3-5 days a week.

Busy few months for me lol

Last edited:
Was supposed to do hill sprints today but it's too wet out.

Went to the gym and worked on the heavy bag for 6 x 3 minute rounds with 30 seconds rest between rounds.

Kept it short and intense and worked on speed and power endurance like I would have with the hill.

I've lifted twice and done some form of conditioning 4 times this week. Feeling a little beat up. Thinking about taking tomorrow off.

Probably won't, but it's tempting lol.

4:50am

Slow 30 minute jog.

Was disappointed that I didn't go longer. Need to work up to 2 slow long jogs per week.

Neglected my core all week. Won't log it but later at home I'll do some chin ups, roll outs, weighted sit ups and different plank variations.

11-7-16

Fasted jog/run-17-18 minutes

Shower, ate and left for the gym.

5/3/1 (351) cycle 2 week 2 day 1

Power clean

Work sets
50 x5
57.5 x5
65 x10

Down sets
57.5 x10
50 x10

Press

Work sets
40 x5
45 x5
52.5 x6

Down sets
45 x10
40 x10

Every set of presses was ss with pull ups.

Squats

Work sets
75 x5
87.5 x5
100 x5 (disappointing)

Down sets
87.5 x5
75 x10

Didn't train today like I was supposed to. Had to lie in for a couple of extra hours otherwise I would literally only had an hours worth of sleep.

Shit happens.

4:30am fasted jog 23 minutes.

Wanted 50 minutes but the endurance just wasn't there this morning.

I'll make up for it at some point this week.

Luckily my boxing match is still over 3 months away. Enough time to improve my cardio.

5/3/1 (351) cycle 2 week 2 day 2

Warmed up with a few sets of broad jumps, horizontal medicine ball throws, and short sprints.

Deadlift

Work sets
92.5 x5
105 x5
122.5 x13 (rep pr)

Last week I got 10 reps with 127.5kg so I kinda put a lot of pressure on myself today to beat that since the weight was a little lighter. Probably could have made 20 if I totally disregard form lol.

Bench press

Work sets
67.5 x5
77.5 x5
87.5 x8

Down sets
77.5 x10
67.5 x10

Assistance work

Dumbell rows
39kg 4 sets. 12, 13, 14, 15 reps for a total of 54 reps each side. Liked programming these this way.

I'll probably do some core and neck work tomorrow after my hill sprints since my gym is only 10 minutes away from where I'll be doing them.

Got a big dark patch of broken blood vessels on my teres major and rear delt on my right side lol. Never had that before. I pushed those rows pretty hard though. Ah well long as the muscle ain't torn then all's well.

Used a trap bar for the first time last night. Did shrugs. Definitely prefer doing them this way. Will try it out for rows next time instead of using a barbell.

Fucking awesome piece of equipment.

Today

Squat. 140kg for a single (10kg PR)

Last edited:
56263744.jpg

images.jpg

Back