SNES Classic

No Earthbound?!?

I have a feeling Nintendo's doing these classic reissues to whet the appetite for more games, kind of like a teaser for the upcoming VC on Switch. Include a lot of classics, leave out a few select ones and people will buy them (and possibly re-buy the ones on the NES/SNES classic) on VC. They're not going to give you more than 20+ games for $80 when they can sell them at $5-10 a pop on Switch.

So this is why Switch has no virtual console. Nintendo found gold by rehasing retro consoles to cash in on nostalgia.
They would make shitloads more money selling classic games on a virtual console.

No Earthbound?!?

I have a feeling Nintendo's doing these classic reissues to whet the appetite for more games, kind of like a teaser for the upcoming VC on Switch. Include a lot of classics, leave out a few select ones and people will buy them (and possibly re-buy the ones on the NES/SNES classic) on VC. They're not going to give you more than 20+ games for $80 when they can sell them at $5-10 a pop on Switch.
EarthBound is the third game in the list.

What?
No Super Fire ProWrestling X Premium???

<<<<<<< I want to fight with Rickson

Fuck you Nintendo

Pre-ordered 3 from my local game store today. Had to pay a hefty deposit on them but will be worth it. Hopefully this one will be moddable like the nes mini.

Oh my god, I need to have it! I need to drown my mind in the past to forget about how sad the present is!
giphy.gif

Pre-ordered 3 from my local game store today. Had to pay a hefty deposit on them but will be worth it. Hopefully this one will be moddable like the nes mini.

The SNES will be hacked within the first week of release. lol

What's the name of your local game store?

No Earthbound?!?

Earthbound is on there.

I've got all the good games off that list and an old snes already. Starfox was gay as hell anyway.

I was a little young to fully appreciate the NES, but I spent a lot of time with the SNES and in particular the games they've put on this thing. It's a solid lineup, only suffers from the fact that SNES had so many good to great games that you'll never satisfy everybody.

Also, I know I'm never gonna go to the trouble of setting up an emulator, connecting my laptop to my tv and buying a USB controller. It's not much trouble, I know (I did exactly this in college and had plenty of fun with it), but to have it done for me in one package for less than the cost of a few cocktails, I'll buy one if it's available.

The lineup isn't deep enough. For that price you should get the full 30 games (considering you could just emulate them and pay nothing)

Plus, there will be zero stock. Fool me once...

The SNES will be hacked within the first week of release. lol

What's the name of your local game store?

Game. I'm in UK. Apparently Amazon sold out in minutes last night and I think Game are also sold out online but they had 17 allocated to preorder when I went into my local store.

Game. I'm in UK. Apparently Amazon sold out in minutes last night and I think Game are also sold out online but they had 17 allocated to preorder when I went into my local store.

"Game"... ok thanks. Yeah... I tried to pre-order from Game online but I was to late. It's going o be a bitch trying to get one of these.

Are you buying to "Flip" or play?

Back