SNES Classic

I dont agree,but i enjoy this game alot,and wish they would make more 2d games with that level of animation.

3rd Strike and Super Street Fighter II: Turbo are the two old games that have held up and are still played to this day. SFA3 was fun and it was really deep, but the V-ISM bullshit killed it for some. I did like the World Tour Mode that was in the console versions along with some of the extra characters they threw in. Dramatic Battle was nice too.

Nice list, but needs at least one fishing game. Super Nintendo had the best fishing games.

Trump voter alert!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. Just kidding!

Seriously though I've never played a fishing video game but I do enjoy fishing. My curiosity is piqued by your statement. I may look for a newer fishing game now later when I browse thru the steam sale.

I really want to know what kind of shitty PCs some of you are running these "emulators" on. SNES, N64, GC, WII, PSX, PS2 all run great these days, with anything before the WII and PS2 running pretty much perfectly.

Perfect quality snes and genesis roms were available in the early 2000's. My friend set one up for me in like 2003. Dunno what people are talking about saying emulators are low quality.

n64 emulators i played tended to be glitchy sometimes,esp super mario. Still that was some time ago,and they probably improved. Some of those games played fine,really the only real issue was the standard ps2 style controller sucked for playing some n64 games which had more buttons than usual and utilized that monstrosity of a controller specifically.PSONE was exact ISO's so you can emulate those with no problem. In any case,you dont get any of that with this snes classic. All you get is 20 fuckin games,when you absolutley know they could have put 200 in that fucking thing. if its a licensing issue,and their hands are tied,fine,great,well its just not worth the money,for something no one should be really paying money for in 2017 anyway.

3rd Strike and Super Street Fighter II: Turbo are the two old games that have held up and are still played to this day. SFA3 was fun and it was really deep, but the V-ISM bullshit killed it for some. I did like the World Tour Mode that was in the console versions along with some of the extra characters they threw in. Dramatic Battle was nice too.
Its just a question of taste. I loved world tour mode and wish that was in every sf game,and 34 playable characters is insane. I really enjoyed sf III but in some ways it just seems bland in some ways compared to A3 which was more like a "classic" SF game. I still think Gill was the best final boss of any of the SF games though. It really felt like you were fighting a God.

gill-third-intro.gif
a05.gif

Bassins Black Bass was my shit.

Trump voter alert!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. Just kidding!

Seriously though I've never played a fishing video game but I do enjoy fishing. My curiosity is piqued by your statement. I may look for a newer fishing game now later when I browse thru the steam sale.

Arguably, the most recently popular fishing game was either Sega Bass Fishing or Trophy Bass 2, and that was 20 years ago! The quality of sprites and sounds are unmatched in games like Super Black Bass, Bassins Black Bass, and Bass Master Classic. Other systems just could not produce an engaging fishing game, save for the original Black Bass on the Nes. There may be a few engaging newer games on steam though. That just goes to show how exquisite of a system the Super Nintendo really was.

No Chrono Trigger?

n64 emulators i played tended to be glitchy sometimes,esp super mario. Still that was some time ago,and they probably improved. Some of those games played fine,really the only real issue was the standard ps2 style controller sucked for playing some n64 games which had more buttons than usual and utilized that monstrosity of a controller specifically.PSONE was exact ISO's so you can emulate those with no problem. In any case,you dont get any of that with this snes classic. All you get is 20 fuckin games,when you absolutley know they could have put 200 in that fucking thing. if its a licensing issue,and their hands are tied,fine,great,well its just not worth the money,for something no one should be really paying money for in 2017 anyway.
It's always amusing to see what gives people a false sense of superiority lol.

With emulators, I don't know how these are such hot items. I mean, you can get the controllers and everything. I have 4 N64 usb controllers, they work great.

Believe me, i dont either.

Dizzy has a hard on for this shit.

I guess if people wanna get suckered out of their money,or can wipe their ass with $80,its fine with me too. I just think its a bit ridiculous,myself.

God damn, you sound like one fine chap that laughed in the NES thread. He said the exact same shit and got the "you sound poor" response.

God damn, you sound like one fine chap that laughed in the NES thread. He said the exact same shit and got the "you sound poor" response.
There's always gonna be the people who are gonna go gaga over this shit,but im sorry,it just seems silly to me. Yeah i grew up in the 80s so maybe a younger person looks at it differently,but as much as i like the "old school" and the fact that this will sell like crazy,i just think its baffling how someone could want to pay 80 for this thing with only 20 games on it...I mean if it had every snes game ever made on it,then Ok it makes some sense. I wouldnt buy it but i could see what the excitement is about. Maybe.

I also saw that they are pushing the street fighter HD game on the switch like that shit is new. I remember that being on the xbox market like 10 yrs ago.

I mean...they could have at least put street fighter level III level of frames of animation,to match the HD quality,but they didnt.

I guess these companies are just smart and the gaming public is that gullible...

So this is why Switch has no virtual console. Nintendo found gold by rehasing retro consoles to cash in on nostalgia.
Its all the gullible fucks who pay for this shit's fault

It would cost significantly more to buy all those games on the VC than buying the console.
It shouldnt. Its 2017. Those games should cost like 2 dollars today.

There's always gonna be the people who are gonna go gaga over this shit,but im sorry,it just seems silly to me. Yeah i grew up in the 80s so maybe a younger person looks at it differently,but as much as i like the "old school" and the fact that this will sell like crazy,i just think its baffling how someone could want to pay 80 for this thing with only 20 games on it...I mean if it had every snes game ever made on it,then Ok it makes some sense. I wouldnt buy it but i could see what the excitement is about. Maybe.

I guess these companies are just smart and the gaming public is that gullible...

How much would it cost to buy these 20 games on the open market? Less than $80?

And before you give us the "lolzzz just get the ROMz dood" response, remember that 99% of gamers don't know how / have no desire to build a Raspberry Pi, or some kind of emulator. I have the NES classic as well as a Pi and the menu function and interface is 100x better on the Classic.

Just so we can get a good laugh, what would you non gullible gamers price this system at?

And before you give us the "lolzzz just get the ROMz dood" response, remember that 99% of gamers don't know how / have no desire to build a Raspberry Pi, or some kind of emulator. I have the NES classic as well as a Pi and the menu function and interface is 100x better on the Classic.

Just so we can get a good laugh, what would you non gullible gamers price this system at?
I dont think its worth making,to be honest,with that small amount of games. Better off putting them on the Virtual Console and buying the ones you want,when you want,and offering them for cheap,since,yknow,these games are like 20 - 25 yrs old already,and many who want to buy them have already played them a million times. I understand the convenience part,i would rather buy Donkey Kong off the virtual console than use an emulator,but I dont want to pay more than 1 or 2 dollars for it. I bought the original for 50 or 60 bucks back in '95. Anyway Emulators are easy as shit. It really doesnt take a genius to take 5 minutes to learn how to use them. I know that what Nintendo is doing will be a success,and its a smart move for them. But for myself,I think what they are offering isnt anything so great,and I think that really old games like this should be as close to free as possible. I can bet if there were only 10 games instead of 20 youd have some guys prying their smiles wide trying to stay enthusiastic about this miracle in reverse engineering that they must have.

I would agree that there should be at least 50 games on this system and the capability to play snes cartridges. Even if they are planning on dlc, the snes catalog is vast and could handle multiple blockbuster packages for many years to come. But I also suspect that the price for the snes classic is not too steep for the market and will do well.

Doesn't surprise me the classic's interface is a little better but it only has to support one system. The Pi can have multiple systems and even then it is just side scroll to the system you want then scroll up and down to the game you want. Not super great looking but very easy navigation and it works.

I was originally going to get a classic but were sold out before I could get one and so turned to the Pi. I have messed around with emulators in the past and actually wasn't a huge fan of playing them on my computer but the pi solves that problem and they really aren't hard to get the hang of. Retropie has a step by step instructional on how to set it up. The only real work is searching for roms which is extremely easy and for ps1 you might have to do some conversions of images.

With only 20 games I would price this thing at $30, maybe $40. I would have priced the classic about the same. I believe they are pricing them higher because 1. people will buy them and 2. after the short supply of the classic many people did turn to the pi and are trying to capitalize before others go the same way. However if they come out with an n64 classic I would probably buy it. Emulators/roms for the n64 are kinda trash at the moment.

It shouldnt. Its 2017. Those games should cost like 2 dollars today.
It will though, I think Nintendo was selling SNES games for around $10 each on the new 3DS.

You can keep ranting about the cost but lots of people see value in the ease and accessibility of playing these classic games.

Back