SNES Classic

Nintendo officially announced the SNES Classic with a price and release date.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/06/26/super-nes-classic-edition-announced-and-dated

$79 and releases on 9/29

Excellent lineup of games and it includes Star Fox 2 which has never been released. Also comes with two controllers.

• Contra III: The Alien Wars
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • EarthBound
  • Final Fantasy III
  • F-ZERO
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Mega Man X
  • Secret of Mana
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox 2
  • Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • Yoshi’s Island
Hopefully Nintendo learned some lessons about supply but I'm not holding my breath.
Chrono Trigger missing, but otherwise it's an awesome list.

idgaf what anyone says. The nostalgia is hard with this. I want one so bad.

And let me just say, if they announce an n64 classic with games like Zelda OT, Rouge Squadron, Golden Eye, Star Fox, Mario 64, and you know the rest.... I'll die, chief.

And let me just say, if they announce an n64 classic with games like Zelda OT, Rouge Squadron, Golden Eye, Star Fox, Mario 64, and you know the rest.... I'll die, chief.

This. The saltiness of some people over this in this thread is unreal lol.

Last edited:

You better believe I'm going to be all over that shit. No chance in hell they don't make one.

It will though, I think Nintendo was selling SNES games for around $10 each on the new 3DS.

You can keep ranting about the cost but lots of people see value in the ease and accessibility of playing these classic games.
I just bought a couple on My 3DS. The 3 Mario Bros games are $5 each, then the really good games like Mario World and Donkey Kong are $11.

I actually believe it's more of the convenience of the device than anything. Nostalgia drives the initial interest. Being in a cute lil console replicant is a nice touch.

But if someone said that i could down load these games for free, play and sound exactly as i remember, and told me about "emulators," id sure as SHIT do that first. If it didnt work or if i was too stupid to figure it out then yes, id buy both minis.

But fuck guys, I seriously cannot ever fathom thinking of spending $60-80 on shit ive already played after anyone pointed out that i can not only play the exact same nostalgic games, for free, but download and play ALL of them.

God damn, wheb i first discovered emulators, i downloaded and played them for so many hours. My favorite emulator is the MAME. Play perfect ARCADE games at home for free?!
Some of us are just collectors. Or hoarders lol. I have all the original gaming systems, I have emulators on the desktop, I have the classic games on my Gameboys and 3DS. And now I want these mini little shits :hmph

I don't care. I have money to waste lol so it's not a big deal to me. It's not even driven by nostalgia anymore, I just like playing these games 50 times over lol.

Just wait until the N64 Classic comes out lol. That shit will be sold out everywhere within hours

It is missing a good beat 'em up, unfortunately. Apart from that there are some dope games on it.

It is missing a good beat 'em up, unfortunately. Apart from that there are some dope games on it.

Didn't even notice that, lol. It needs something like Final Fight 3, Shin Nekketsu, Turtles in Time, or Rushing Beat Shura/Peace Keepers. Don't really care about inferior ports of arcade fighting games and beat-em-ups (Turtles played better on the SNES than the arcade).

Didn't even notice that, lol. It needs something like Final Fight 3, Shin Nekketsu, Turtles in Time, or Rushing Beat Shura/Peace Keepers. Don't really care about inferior ports of arcade fighting games and beat-em-ups (Turtles played better on the SNES than the arcade).
I agree about turtles playing better on the SNES. I would have preferred Final Fight 3 though.

I love both of them, just not the SNES version of the first one but the Sega CD one.

The second game was what the first one on SNES should have been, but it added nothing new to the gameplay at all. They just replaced Guy with Maki and Cody with that stupid ninja. Basically, it's just a reskinned FF1. Streets of Rage 2 is how you do it.

The second game was what the first one on SNES should have been, but it added nothing new to the gameplay at all. They just replaced Guy with Maki and Cody with that stupid ninja. Basically, it's just a reskinned FF1. Streets of Rage 2 is how you do it.
Yeah, i see your problem here. Basically i would agree, but since Final Fight is one of my favorite games of all time, i can't say that i'm disappointed with a very similar sequel.

Ironically, i was never that big of a fan of Streets of Rage 2. I loved how in the first one the punches sounded and felt incredibly impactful and satisfying while in the sequel they felt and sounded like bitchslaps. I still love the entire trilogy but the first SoR is definitely my favorite.

Back