SNES Classic

It is missing a good beat 'em up, unfortunately. Apart from that there are some dope games on it.

I made a post earlier ITT saying Final Fight should have been added to he library of games. They could have easily added another 10 Triple A title games including Nintendo launch titles, Pilotwings and Sim City.

X Men Mutant Apocalypse was a great beat em up too. My fave Xmen game ever. Yuge oversight.

Yeah, i see your problem here. Basically i would agree, but since Final Fight is one of my favorite games of all time, i can't say that i'm disappointed with a very similar sequel.

Ironically, i was never that big of a fan of Streets of Rage 2. I loved how in the first one the punches sounded and felt incredibly impactful and satisfying while in the sequel they felt and sounded like bitchslaps. I still love the entire trilogy but the first SoR is definitely my favorite.

Obviously, Final Fight was first, but SOR2 took that formula and improved on it. FF3 actually played like a sequel though.

SOR1 was fun, but the three characters weren't much different besides speed, power, and strength. I loved the soundtrack. SOR3 was a lot harder than Bare Knuckle 3 which a lot of players didn't seem to like, lol.

Obviously, Final Fight was first, but SOR2 took that formula and improved on it. FF3 actually played like a sequel though.

SOR1 was fun, but the three characters weren't much different besides speed, power, and strength. I loved the soundtrack. SOR3 was a lot harder than Bare Knuckle 3 which a lot of players didn't seem to like, lol.
The only thing that always bothered me about SoR3 in comparison to Bare Knuckle 3 would be the removal of Ash.

The fact that i consider SoR2 the weakest game of the trilogy is probably one of my biggest beat 'em up sins, right next to never really liking Turtles in Time all that much.

The only thing that always bothered me about SoR3 in comparison to Bare Knuckle 3 would be the removal of Ash.

The fact that i consider SoR2 the weakest game of the trilogy is probably one of my biggest beat 'em up sins, right next to never really liking Turtles in Time all that much.

I believe Rushing Beat Shura/Peace Keepers was missing an enemy or two, but whatever. It was a good series except for Rival Turf. That was terrible.

I believe Rushing Beat Shura/Peace Keepers was missing an enemy or two, but whatever. It was a good series except for Rival Turf. That was terrible.
I consider Rival Turf enjoyable for what it was. But it certainly can't hang with the rest of the series. It can't even hang with most of the genre. Terrible seems a little too harsh for me. Double Dragon 3 on the Game Boy was terrible, Rival Turf was rather mediocre.

I consider Rival Turf enjoyable for what it was. But it certainly can't hang with the rest of the series. It can't even hang with most of the genre. Terrible seems a little too harsh for me. Double Dragon 3 on the Game Boy was terrible, Rival Turf was rather mediocre.

Sorry, but the graphics sucked, the sound sucks, and the gameplay sucks. The collision detection was up there with P.O.W. Maybe it was worse.

As for DD3, at least you had Chuck Norris on the cover.

Turtles in time > Final fight

tmnt is high octane bash fest with streets of rage level music and sound

Where's my Jaguar Classic?

Said no one

I couldn't get my hands on an NES classic. I won't make the same mistake twice with the SNES classic.

Where's my Jaguar Classic?

Said no one

hey i had a jaguar in my youth. the jag wasn't a bad system if it had games you liked, which it did for me though i struggle to think of too many games they could add to a "jag classic" that are considered classics. A lot of their stuff was ports and licensed stuff so i doubt they go through the trouble of all that.

hey i had a jaguar in my youth. the jag wasn't a bad system if it had games you liked, which it did for me though i struggle to think of too many games they could add to a "jag classic" that are considered classics. A lot of their stuff was ports and licensed stuff so i doubt they go through the trouble of all that.
It also looked like a toilet bowl. Really the only thing it had that i remember wanting was a PC level port of Doom (which was easily availble later on as Ultimate Doom on Psone,which wasnt out yet) and that AVP game,which hasnt aged well AT ALL.

I had a 3DO,back when it was already over for that system,so it was cheap. Got it in like '96? . A few interesting games on it.

Star Control II was amazing.

Gex

Way of the warrior was shit,but it had White Zombie's entire La Sexorcisto album as the soundtrack so it was mandatory to own.

Qurantine was kind of an ugly post apocalyptic predecessor to Crazy Taxi/Grand theft auto.

Return Fire was dope as all fuck.

Space Hulk was cool

Super Street fighter II turbo. None of the other systems i remember ever got this one.

Those are the ones i can remember.

I'm sure eventually someone will figure out how to "hack" the SNES classic just like the NES classic. I expanded my library to 83 games for mine.

It also looked like a toilet bowl. Really the only thing it had that i remember wanting was a PC level port of Doom (which was easily availble later on as Ultimate Doom on Psone,which wasnt out yet) and that AVP game,which hasnt aged well AT ALL.

Jag doom sucked it was missing enemies and no in game music. The wolfenstein port was better with enhanced graphics and weapon. Theme park was pretty fun as was iron soldier. AvP didnt age well you're right but its fun if you can figure out what to do.

I had a 3do too! Awesome system with ssf2t and samurai shodown. Also had a better ports of theme park and cannon fodder. I have too many good memories of my 3do, hell i even had a cdi!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back