Skynet was so stupid. Want to checkmate John Conner in one easy move?

Right, because ramming a police station and shooting everyone inside was surgical AF.

Better to use those mini-nukes instead or go full russian model and instead of killing people straight up just inject them with deadly radiation bullets.

Well, it was specifically targeted to kill Sarah Connor and confirm her death firsthand.

I think Skynet had every reason to believe this strategy would work, especially given that they didn't expect anyone to be sent back to help Sarah at the time they sent Arnold.

If there were a Sarah Connor in Hiroshima, would you rather send something like the T-800 to take care of business and ensure it was done right, or simply trust that she got wasted when the bomb dropped? Not to mention that nuking the city could well kill everyone employed at Cyberdine and prevent their own existence like they were trying to do to John.

They might well be doing everything Sarah Connor and Miles Dyson tried to accomplish in T2 and saving them the trouble.

part of the theme of terminator (and any time travel film for that matter) is that fate is inevitable. that no matter what john connor did (and by implication, skynet and the machines) that judgment day was unavoidable in that time frame.

if skynet went back in time to influence past skynet, for example, something would occur to trigger judgment day (like a new cpu mainframe taking over or something).

Or...

Or...

It could try explaining this...

latest

or make almost literally any other move other than the ones they did.

there's no point in analyzing time travel movies, just watch then move on with your life.

It couldn't have. But after the terminator failed to kill Sarah Conor in T1, it sent another to get John in T2. THAT'S the terminator it should have programmed with a backup plan, should it have failed. Skynet should've programmed Robert Patrick to, if he fails to get John, then walk around for awhile until 97, link up with Skynet, and tell it to do a holding pattern for a few decades. Then it would win.

Whoa

Give more specific examples of how that efficiency would / should have played out in the scenes you have in mind.

Terminator walks into field of view of John Connor and friends. Terminator fires two quick shots into all their skulls using computer targeting systems. All of this happens so fast they can't even react. Terminator goes away.

The T-800 was extremely inefficient. No recon? Killing random Sarah Conner women? Why not do a little background into who is of child bearing age. Anything at all.

"They only had a name" how did they only have a name but drop the terminator so close to where Sarah was?

Should have just dropped Arnold back, had him do recon and devise a better plan than blunt force.

Terminator walks into field of view of John Connor and friends. Terminator fires two quick shots into all their skulls using computer targeting systems. All of this happens so fast they can't even react. Terminator goes away.

This, it also bothers me a lot in transformers, star wars and all sci-fi movies.

I mean soviet computers in the 70s on anti-aircraft guns could shoot down fucking yets flying several hundred meters in the air and going at several hundreds miles per hours in speed.

But a future robot cant somehow calculate targets? i mean in Transformers these robots could crack military encryption which means they had quantum computing, and yet they couldnt calculate simple trajectories.

I think only Robocop had realistic targetting for a robot, he could shoot down anyone on his sights.

My biggest question is how in the fuck we are supposed to believe the T-X was more advanced than the T-1000.

T-1000 was fucking sentient liquid metal. How can you get any more advanced than that?!

In the most recent movie, skynet captured Kyle Reese, and used him as bait to capture John Conner. If you already have Reese, you don't need Conner.

EDIT: I'm talking about Terminator Salvation. I forgot the most recent one is with the asian terminator.

This, it also bothers me a lot in transformers, star wars and all sci-fi movies.

I mean soviet computers in the 70s on anti-aircraft guns could shoot down fucking yets flying several hundred meters in the air and going at several hundreds miles per hours in speed.

But a future robot cant somehow calculate targets? i mean in Transformers these robots could crack military encryption which means they had quantum computing, and yet they couldnt calculate simple trajectories.

I think only Robocop had realistic targetting for a robot, he could shoot down anyone on his sights.

I turned on the tv the other night and caught part of Transformers Age of Extinction. Terrible movie. The decepticons were shooting at Marky Mark and company, while they were running in a straight line on a rooftop. These fuckers are armed with missiles and can't kill a middle aged man from 50 meters away.

Thank you It's almost insulting to tell me that a computer isn't going to use the most efficient and effective method to complete it's objectives. The Terminator from the first movie should have been able to instantly aquire it's targets at the longest effective range of it's weapon and destroy them. There would have been no chase. There would be no fight. Just cold, effective, death. That's why the idea of terminators are scary as fuck. They would decimate any human without a struggle.

Clever.

The thread title sounds like an ad though. "Why Wall Street investors are stupid. Want to make millions in 2 seconds?"

Or "Terminators hate this guy. Find out why."

You'll never believe what Skynet looks like now!

You are all wrong anyway. By Skynet sending anTerminstor back to do anything, it forced John Conner to send back Kyle Reese who then fucked Linda Hamilton and made John. If Skynet just did nothing in the first place, John would not have been born.
Yeah but that's a time paradox so the couldn't have "not" done it.

Maybe they should have waited until Connor got old and died of old age before kicking off Judgement Day...

yeah so dumb, it only took you 22 years to come up with this.

SKYNET launched judgment day to prevent humans from shutting it down.

So waiting was not an option.

I don't think Skynet could be shut down. Like they said in T3, Skynet was software, out in cyberspace. No system core or anything. Just a program that infects everything.

5368420-2292962754-35952.gif

You'll never believe what Skynet looks like now!

Doctors HATE Skynet!

Back