Skynet was so stupid. Want to checkmate John Conner in one easy move?

Ever wonder why all the terminators are aesthetic and not fatty 1/10s? Skynet obviously made them as dudes she wants to get nailed by

It's a secret feminist desire

I'm not going to lie, Terminator is a stupid fucking premise for a movie. I love the movie and the people in it, but a real SKYNET wouldn't behave so recklessly. It doesn't make much sense to me.

I'm not going to lie, Terminator is a stupid fucking premise for a movie. I love the movie and the people in it, but a real SKYNET wouldn't behave so recklessly. It doesn't make much sense to me.

What do you mean by reckless behavior?

Clever.

The thread title sounds like an ad though. "Why Wall Street investors are stupid. Want to make millions in 2 seconds?"

Or "Terminators hate this guy. Find out why."
Clickbait titles are all the rage these days. Click here to see why!

nice! never heard of that before now.

- "The term predestination paradox is used to mean "a time loop in which a time traveler who has gone into the past causes an event that ultimately causes the original future version of the person to go back into the past."

Go watch the 2014 film Predestination.
Some time travel genre fans might guess one or two of the twists, but some will still mindfuck you.

Go watch the 2014 film Predestination.
Some time travel genre fans might guess one or two of the twists, but some will still mindfuck you.

never saw it. i just read a little synopsis for it and it sounds interesting. i'll check it out

images

@Agent Mulder's Hair
Don't read any further and watch it. It might spoil the experience for you.
I guessed quite a few things with just 15mins in but is still shocked at the end.

The character introduction might be a little slow for some people, but it's all worthwhile when you reach the third act and the ending.

@Agent Mulder's Hair
Don't read any further and watch it. It might spoil the experience for you.
I guessed quite a few things with just 15mins in but is still shocked at the end.

The character introduction might be a little slow for some people, but it's all worthwhile when you reach the third act and the ending.

Yeah I never read much about movies I want to see. I hate spoiling things like that.

That movie does sound interesting, man. Thanks for the suggestion I really am gonna check it out soon. Sounds like it's right up my alley.

Just make Sarah Connor study liberal arts and watch CNN for awhile and she'll get an aborition.

What do you mean by reckless behavior?

They do everything in a highly inefficient manner. A real machine would make such logical and efficient decisions that a human would have no chance. The first interaction between the hero and the Terminator would end in the humans abrupt and ruthlessly efficient death. There would be no chase.

SKYNET launched judgment day to prevent humans from shutting it down.

So waiting was not an option.

They do everything in a highly inefficient manner. A real machine would make such logical and efficient decisions that a human would have no chance. The first interaction between the hero and the Terminator would end in the humans abrupt and ruthlessly efficient death. There would be no chase.

Give more specific examples of how that efficiency would / should have played out in the scenes you have in mind.

Instead of sending back a killing machine, they should have sent a money-making machine. Then Sarah Connor would have been more attracted to the terminator than she was to Kyle Reese, and John would never have been born.

Also, Judgement Day couldn't be postponed. Remember this is the late 90's, so skynet had to launch the attack before Windows Me crashed.

Give more specific examples of how that efficiency would / should have played out in the scenes you have in mind.

Go full allah akhbar instead of trying to shoot them

Go full allah akhbar instead of trying to shoot them

Blow things up and potentially leave no way of confirming whether Sarah and/or John have been killed? That doesn't necessarily sound less reckless than the surgical approach.

So after the first movie, why did Skynet send a terminator back to a later date to try and kill an experienced Sarah Connor who is expecting them? Why not send it to a time before the first movie? Seems like it would have been easier.

I mean they failed to kill the frail, young Sarah Connor so they go to the time with the TRT, ass kicking survivalist Sarah Connor who knows they are coming. Dumb move.

Blow things up and potentially leave no way of confirming whether Sarah and/or John have been killed? That doesn't necessarily sound less reckless than the surgical approach.

Right, because ramming a police station and shooting everyone inside was surgical AF.

Better to use those mini-nukes instead or go full russian model and instead of killing people straight up just inject them with deadly radiation bullets.

Instead of sending back someone to harm the Conners, Skynet should have sent someone back to help the Conners. Send someone back to act as a philanthropist mentor to Sarah Conner. Go into business with her, use their money to set Sarah up as upper middle class and watch John Conner grow up to be a socially-maladjusted internet troll who only knows how to resist imaginary conspiracy theories and who's only weapon is Pepe the Frog and who's only ability to lead is his ability to motivate thousands of sperm troopers into his palm.

Then if the resistance tried to send someone back to stop Skynet, they would have had to convince Sarah that she should remain a struggling single mom instead of building a better life for her and her son.

W7MbTchSOE-6.png

Back