Six Good Movies with Shockingly Low Rotten Tomatoes Scores

Loved it as a kid, saw it again a few years back and it was just really cringey. :/

It is slapstick. It is supposed to be cringey. It is also very sophomoric.

Doesn't mean it isn't great for what it is.

I watched part of it not long ago. I still chuckled a bit, and I knew the joke was coming.

I think I get what you're saying though. Go watch top gun, or almost any movie from the 80's, and it is super cheesy.

I remember liking The One when it came out, but it got horrible reviews.

I also think Dark Tower deserves a higher score than it got.

I remember Jason Statham's horrible US accent more than anything but I'd agree as an action diversion it wasn't bad.

Honestly I quite liked The Dark Tower, perhaps exactly for the reason many disliked it as it didn't take King's work that seriously just turned it into a decent action with a couple of big names hamming it up. Honestly I tend to think King's attempts at crafting detailed fantasy worlds come across as laughably cheesey most of the time, the man can come up with interesting basic concepts and tension but Tolkien or Frank Hebert he is not.

I remember Jason Statham's horrible US accent more than anything but I'd agree as an action diversion it wasn't bad.

Honestly I quite liked The Dark Tower, perhaps exactly for the reason many disliked it as it didn't take King's work that seriously just turned it into a decent action with a couple of big names hamming it up. Honestly I tend to think King's attempts at crafting detailed fantasy worlds come across as laughably cheesey most of the time.

I'll always remember the Jet Li with a bleach blonde wig from the multiverse.

And Statham's bad acting too..

No Mortal Kombat really is a shitty movie. It's the least shitty of video game movies but still a shitty movie regardless. The fact that it's considered one of the better video game movies is really an indictment of the genre.

No Mortal Kombat really is a shitty movie. It's the least shitty of video game movies but still a shitty movie regardless. The fact that it's considered one of the better video game movies is really an indictment of the genre.

MK should have been a sign that video game movies should not be pursued.

It is by far the most accurate video game to film adaptation, as its just a buncha dudes kicking ass, but it was still a heap of shit.

20 years later and producers still haven't figured that shit out.

In what specific areas does it show a below-average understanding of the craft of filmmaking?

There is a difference between "this movie sucks" and "I dont like this movie"

View attachment 297133

One of my all-time favourite films. I was surprised to see such a split in ratings.
I can understand someone not liking this because the violence is quite over the top and gruesome. For some it could detract from the anti-revenge theme.

This movie and Only God Forgives are the only low-scored films I can think of at the moment that I really like. And Spaceballs too I guess. I find it very funny, but of course humor is highly subjective. Admittedly a lot of Spaceballs is really stupid, but it still makes me laugh.

I think I've already said this, but Boondock Saints is terrrrrrible.

Mortal Kombat was awful. What's the primary thing the series is known for? Violence and blood. The movie had none of that.

Vanilla Sky- 42%

Last night someone had the gall to tell me they didn't like Tom Cruise. Causing me to go on a drunken rant that culminating in me yelling "Vanilla Sky?!?!? Are you fucking kidding me??!!! You need to see it!!!"

Woke up to find, to my shock, that it only has a measly 42%.

Rotten tomatoes is a bullshit website and it's ridiculous people use it as some sort of authority on the quality of a movie, I'm tired of hearing the words rotten tomatoes to be honest, fuck that web site.

Back