Six Good Movies with Shockingly Low Rotten Tomatoes Scores

G

Guestx

Today @Mike and I decided to ride together, die together in our appreciation for Mortal Kombat. Together we defended it against our common enemy @TrueBias--don't worry TrueBias, we still love you--who in a low-life, no good, what-in-the-hell-are-you-doing-son kind of move, tried to drag that film's good name through the mud.

I think Mortal Kombat is a good movie and probably the best video game adaptation of all time. Thankfully, a band of brothers rose up in that thread and agreed. But with an RT score of only 34%, it looks like the critics are largely on TrueBias's side.

I think that's a shitty score and it made me wonder what other good films have gotten lower-than-deserved RT scores. Here's six.

RT1.png

RT2.png

RT5.png

RT3.png

RT6.png

RT4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Im shocked Home Alone is that low.

Everyone loves that movie.

"Ahhhhhh!!!!"

I really like Boondocks saints and Starship Trooper but the others are pretty meh.

Boondocks Saints is an overrated (by some) pile of shit

The rest of those are all better than their scores though

Im shocked Home Alone is that low.

Everyone loves that movie.

"Ahhhhhh!!!!"

No shit, right? I mean, who the fuck doesn't like Home Alone?

Says one contrarian:

A better director could have helped the film out considerably, even saved it... But even then, the script is tremendously weak, by Hughes's standards or anybody else's.

That dude can go fuck himself!

"Home Alone" surprises me.

"High Tension" is my ultimate WTF tomatometer. It's one of freshest, most creative slashers in modern times, and put Alexander Aja on the map. I think it was sitting at something like 20% last time I checked. I know the twist ending is questionable, and it's a violent as fuck horror movie, and some also believe it's a bit of a rip off from some earlier Dean Koontz made for TV movie, but shit, 20%? Fuck outta here.

EDIT - I see it's risen a bit over the years.

"Home Alone" surprises me.

"High Tension" is my ultimate WTF tomatometer. It's one of freshest, most creative slashers in modern times, and put Alexander Aja on the map. I think it was sitting at something like 20% last time I checked. I know the twist ending is questionable, and it's a violent as fuck horror movie, and some also believe it's a bit of a rip off from some earlier Dean Koontz made for TV movie, but shit, 20%? Fuck outta here.

Yeah that was an enjoyable intense watch

It's one of the worst 'I want to be Quentin Tarantino' movies out there

And there are a lot of them, so that's saying something

I've legit never talked to someone who didn't like it before right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who gives a shit about critics?

They were all wannabe Siskel & Eberts and want bribes from studios in exchange for good reviews for mediocre movies.

And don't get me started on the horrible movies that critics loved so much it seemed like they were writing the reviews while getting their dicks sucked by prostitutes sent by the studio.

Fuck critics.

Who gives a shit about critics?

They were all wannabe Siskel & Eberts and want bribes from studios in exchange for good reviews for mediocre movies.

And don't get me started on the horrible movies that critics loved so much it seemed like they were writing the reviews while getting their dicks sucked by prostitutes sent by the studio.

Fuck critics.

I've legit never personally talked to someone who didn't like it before right now.

Boondock has it's fair share of haters.

I think it's overrated, but not terrible. It's derivative, but enjoyable. If you want to see terrible, check out it's sequel.

Boondock has it's fair share of haters.

I think it's overrated, but not terrible. It's derivative, but enjoyable. If you want to see terrible, check out it's sequel.

The sequel is weak and a disappointment, but I did think watching Julie Benz ham it up was a lot of fun.

Back