Six Good Movies with Shockingly Low Rotten Tomatoes Scores

Vanilla Sky- 42%

Last night someone had the gall to tell me they didn't like Tom Cruise. Causing me to go on a drunken rant that culminating in me yelling "Vanilla Sky?!?!? Are you fucking kidding me??!!! You need to see it!!!"

Woke up to find, to my shock, that it only has a measly 42%.

after all these years I still have no fucking idea what Vanilla Sky is even about

It's one of the worst 'I want to be Quentin Tarantino' movies out there

And there are a lot of them, so that's saying something

One of the best of said genre is the 1999 Doug Liman film Go.

Boondock Saints is one of those films where it's kind of fun the first go around but has very little replay value in my opinion.

One of the best of said genre is the 1999 Doug Liman film Go.

Boondock Saints is one of those films where it's kind of fun the first go around but has very little replay value in my opinion.

You know, I've heard a lot of people talk about "Quentin Tarantino knockoffs" but his style is so unique that I never watch a film and think, "Oh, they're going for a QT vibe here."

I don't think I've ever connected a non-QT film to QT's style. When I watched Boondock I certainly didn't think it was a QT imitator.

Was never a fan of Hook.

Spielberg is a beast and I don't like when people try to downplay his canon. I mean the guy has had more longevity and more higher quality films than the vast majority of his contemporaries.

But Hook just annoys me. You have a lot of talented people there and the execution is really flawed. An interesting concept is squandered with dullness and I don't think the sense of wonder that it hopes to achieve is ever actually there. There's positives, for sure, but I mostly found it boring and, at times, obnoxious.

Also, the Spielberg annoying kid meter rating is very high in that one.

I dunno

I have seen that movie probably 20 times

It has a sequal that kinda sucks and a TV show that is in development

So you know it has a market. Lots of people enjoy Boondock Saints

You know, I've heard a lot of people talk about "Quentin Tarantino knockoffs" but his style is so unique that I never watch a film and think, "Oh, they're going for a QT vibe here."

I don't think I've ever connected a non-QT film to QT's style. When I watched Boondock I certainly didn't think it was a QT imitator.

Yeah I don't see it as a Tarantino imitator either.

I just see it as one of those movies where college kids circa the early 2000s were trying to get the poster to plaster on their dorm wall for street cred/coolness purposes.

I find it enjoyable to an extent but, again, no replay value for me. I found the second time watching it tough to get through.

The sequel wasn't as atrocious to me as it was to some, but, boy did I find that sequence where they interact with Della Rocco's deceased character (who gives them a pep talk of sorts) ridiculously pretentious.

I dunno

I have seen that movie probably 20 times

It has a sequal that kinda sucks and a TV show that is in development

So you know it has a market. Lots of people enjoy Boondock Saints

Oh yeah- massive cult film. Sort of a smaller scale version of the Fight Club effect where the movie didn't do well in theaters but then gained a big following on DVD. The difference is that Boondock Saints I believe was barely in theaters and probably did not make over a million dollars- but then it was like an ultra cool movie on DVD especially if you were a high school or college kid around the time.

But definitely, man, I'm not trying to pain in overly broad strokes. I didn't find much replay value to it, but I know many people are big fans.

It has a sequal that kinda sucks . . .

The sequel wasn't as atrocious to me as it was to some. . .

The sequel is disappointing but I fucking LOVED Julie Benz's character and performance, and she alone made it worth the watch for me.

tumblr_inline_nkk3nymO9E1qgp297.gif

Never saw it, but Cruise is a boss of an actor.

I remember it being one of the most confusing movies I had ever seen and I haven't gone back to it since

It's a great movie. I just rewatched it a few months ago.

Cameron Crowe at the height of his powers when he had that run that went:

Singles
Jerry Maguire
Almost Famous
Vanilla Sky

Not sure what happened to the guy but he just kind of fell off after that.

It's a great movie. I just rewatched it a few months ago.

Cameron Crowe at the height of his powers when he had that run that went:

Singles
Jerry Maguire
Almost Famous
Vanilla Sky

Not sure what happened to the guy but he just kind of fell off after that.

It is one that I definitely need to go back too

I am actually doing a Mission Impossible marathon to get ready for the new one

MI 1 is still super solid. I am shocked at how well it holds up

It is one that I definitely need to go back too

I am actually doing a Mission Impossible marathon to get ready for the new one

Man, I haven't seen that first Mission: Impossible movie in years.

Man, I haven't seen that first Mission: Impossible movie in years.

one of the most memorable scenes, I also enjoyed the first Mission impossible

MI:1 was the only movie in the franchise worth watching.

In the first movie, the plot was good and Ethan Hunt was basically a talented spy. From the second movie onward, he evolved into fucking Captain America, where every plot revolves around him flaunting his super-soldier abilities.

In the first movie, the plot was good and Ethan Hunt was basically a talented spy. From the second movie onward, he evolved into fucking Captain America, where every plot revolves around him flaunting his super-soldier abilities.

I enjoy MI 1, MI 4 and MI 5

Dont like 2 or 3 very much

yeah, they made him into some type of super strong fighter as well, it wasn't realistic, even though most spy films are not realistic but the later ones were too much, like when he fought out of a prison

Back