Shoyoroll Rio Koi Pre-Sale

Two guys both showed up to class Monday wearing the Ring or whatever it is (black and purple). They looked stupid. These are supposed to be limited or whatever bullshit but more people have em than other gi's.

So dumb.

More people have them than other GIs? In which reality is this? Some of you people are really strange and post truly ridiculous shit. - E

I am 5'8", 210lbs and trying to get down to sub 200lbs

I have a SYR Yank in A3 which is long in the arms and the pants are baggy.

Should I go with an A2 or an A2H?

(if I decide to order one)

I really want a white with yellow and green Gi, this is hard to pass on

I am 5'8", 210lbs and trying to get down to sub 200lbs

I have a SYR Yank in A3 which is long in the arms and the pants are baggy.

Should I go with an A2 or an A2H?

(if I decide to order one)

I really want a white with yellow and green Gi, this is hard to pass on

a2h would be just as baggy, go with the a2.

That doesn't make your decision any easier huh? Lol

Well considering it is now the "Rio Dragon" I am leaning towards the 96, but I am also interested in the Origin because it is a little cheaper and comes with a rashguard.

Interesting story.

Sick graphics though. Can't wait to compare it to The Wave. Definitely stoked order the Rio Koi. Will be FURIOUS if I don't get one.

God dam my bank account is getting / will be getting fucked hard from The Ring, Rio Koi, and The Wave.

Not to mention my 3 digit alcohol tab from Buffalo Wild Wings this week too...

Also about to drop a hunnet on a sound system for my room...

What the hell are you talking about?

Well considering it is now the "Rio Dragon" I am leaning towards the 96, but I am also interested in the Origin because it is a little cheaper and comes with a rashguard.

Wow you shit on SYR but interested in Storm Kimono?

LOL

Wow you shit on SYR but interested in Storm Kimono?

LOL

I have a Storm Typhoon and really like it, so what is wrong with Storm? They are actually one of the original brands. And how am I shitting on SYR? It is suppose to be the "Rio Koi" and it has a dragon head on, that is green and red - doesn't scream Brazil/Rio to me, a fish I can relate to Rio/Brazil. And choosing not to state the specs of the pants, just light weight twill is a little iffy. I am sure it will be a great Gi, but I am not that interested in it anymore, so if I got one, it would be like buying one just to have a SYR... I will just wait to see what they offer in the future, at least The Ring had something to do with LOTR.

Last edited:
So when all the matching rash guards were made with dragons all over them, that wasn't an indication of the design that might be used for the gi? Also, red is one of the official colors of Rio de Jeneiro .

It's a shame that the Ring didn't come with a gi bag, I'm assuming this one wont come with a bag either?

InB4 "yea a plastic bag".

So when all the matching rash guards were made with dragons all over them, that wasn't an indication of the design that might be used for the gi? Also, red is one of the official colors of Rio de Jeneiro .

Matching rashguards?

Dragons, especially koi-dragons scream Chinese; so I wasn't expecting a Brazilian themed Gi to be based off a Chinese dragon; is there suppose to be a back story to this Brazilian koi-dragon?

Something like this, rather than a full on dragon would of been better IMO, just with Brazilian colours:
Nice-Koi-Dragon-Tattoo-Picture.jpg

Last edited:
So when all the matching rash guards were made with dragons all over them, that wasn't an indication of the design that might be used for the gi? Also, red is one of the official colors of Rio de Jeneiro.

?

This is Rio's flag
800px-Bandeira_Estado_RiodeJaneiro_Brasil2.svg.png

Last edited:
No gi bag? That is very amateur IMO. Shoyoroll seems to be upping their price but cheaping out on the things that makes premier Gi companies premier.

I'm fine with the dragon and it's relation to a Koi in Japan has been explained previously in this thread.

The two week pre-order is no where near as bad as the 6 months people had to wait.

We shall see I 'spose, i can only assume based off the Ring being in the same batc that it won't have the bag, but i hope it does.

Also, Storm is extremely overpriced IMO and looks cheesy.

The artwork on the rio koi is like that picture. It's a dragons head ontop of a koi fish body. The outside color scheme is brazil colors.

Back