Shoyoroll Rio Koi Pre-Sale

Finally got my koi. Hopefully it shrinks quite a bit in the tummy. The ring fits me like a glove right out of the bag. However, this rk is pretty big in the stomach ionno why.

Those that have several syr's: do they usually vary this much in size per release?

Thanks!

Wore mine on friday, everyone was ohhh and ahhh. A1 fits me perfect, to bad it does not give me super powers.

Finally got my koi. Hopefully it shrinks quite a bit in the tummy. The ring fits me like a glove right out of the bag. However, this rk is pretty big in the stomach ionno why.

Those that have several syr's: do they usually vary this much in size per release?

Thanks!

From what I've seen they've been getting bigger and bigger. I'm going to have to hot cycle my Rio Koi a few times, but it will fit me very well in time.

Thanks!

measure the circumference around the lower skirt on both. how do they differ?

Finally got around to washing and shrinking mine. Had it in the drier on high heat for about 16 minutes and it shrank a good bit. Will probably but it in there for another round of shrinking. The A2 was pretty large.

Ya, I decided to shrink the rk. It shrunk up really nice. The ring and rk were completely different cuts for me out of the package.

We're pretty much the same size.. My weight bounces around from 200 - 209. A2 SYR fits me like a glove. Especially the ring and rio koi. I cold wash and hang dry and fit is awesome.

I did notice the Rio Koi has super soft material compared to previous SYR gi's.

Quick Rio Koi info:

6'1" 205# I wear an A4 top and A3 pants in most other brands. I went with a straight A3 on the RK since most have said they run big. This is absolutely true I had to do a wash/dry to shrink it a bit and it fits perfectly now.

Sleeves are much slimmer on this than I'm used to but they don't restrict movement so it's all good... less to grip.

Two negative things: I'm noticing this weave stretches when training. It doesn't seem to stretch as bad as my Sirius though, which I rarely wear because its so annoying.

The other is the bottom of the lapel does not sit straight when the top is closed, which doesn't really matter to me but, for the money that should be addressed.

Overall I really like the fit and feel of it, would buy SYR again (as long as this one holds up in training)

Just noticed tyhe A2 competidor is very similar in size to my a2 SYR. Maybe a tad bit smaller.

Back