Should we re-address eye pokes/groin strikes penalties after biting incident?

Igor bit someone...

jTQz6H.gif

Eyepokes should be adressed harder. They should be counted of multiple fights.
Guys like Gaethje and Jon shouldn't even get a warning anymore.
1st poke: Point deduction
2nd poke: DQ loss

Eyepokes certainly should be very illegall and punished very hard in my opinion. Biting is just strange, eyepokes are very nasty.

Yeah - Li Jingliang, Priscila Cachoeira, and Jon Jones should've been cut from the UFC over eye pokes. The first two for intentional and egregious eye gouges during grappling, and Jones for using them constantly in fight after fight to gain an advantage

Eye pokes should be tit for tat.

Watch how fast Jones stops doing it 'accidentally".

Eyepokes certainly should be very illegall and punished very hard in my opinion. Biting is just strange, eyepokes are very nasty.
We should have a biting chart for it to be fair. Simple brotherly nips on the biceps aren't a big deal, but eating your opponent's face put them at a big disadvantage, it could even cost them the round ! Therefore a point deduction seems fair.

But for other fouls, it's a headscratch.
I remember reading a double-blind study about eyepokes, and the two guys were indeed blind. I'm not sure about the methodology though.

To be fair though eye pokes and groin shots probably can do more permanent damage that people wish they were bit instead. Mike Tyson got a pass sort of, even after the bite. It's terrible sportsmanship, but they should be more harsh for all fouls.

To be fair though eye pokes and groin shots probably can do more permanent damage that people wish they were bit instead. Mike Tyson got a pass sort of, even after the bite. It's terrible sportsmanship, but they should be more harsh for all fouls.
The media loves to leave out the part where Holyfield repeatedly headbutted him to Bolivia.

Critical thinking and context. An eye poke and groin shot can be 100% accidental. A bite will almost 100% not be.

Poking someone in the eye should result in getting an automatic point deduction if they have already been warned about having their fingers extended multiple times. If eye poke happens a second time after warning and point deduction, should be DQ.

Tyson only got a pass because he's an insanely huge draw and people would be willing to fight him because of that

The only reason bites are illegal are to protect these soft champs with disadvantaged underbites like Alex, Dricus, Leon, etc.

Making biting illegal would be like making 80+ reach illegal, removing Jon from contention. If biting was legal then...
1996085-uvs3_02_palhares_vs_branch_010_medium.jpg
he'd be on his 15th defense by now

Not really.

Some are under penalized because it is difficult it to ascertain wether is intentional or not,and the other is just right because people dont bite people by accident. I believe this was featured in this magazine.

View attachment 1036208

Right on! We already have no idea how the judges come up with their round scoring, the last thing we need is refs screwing around with the scoring as well.

Taking points especially in a three round fight has a very strong potential to dictate the outcome of a decision and turn decisions into draws which is a huge faux pas. At least now the enforcement, or really lack of enforcement, is consistent.

We should have a biting chart for it to be fair. Simple brotherly nips on the biceps aren't a big deal, but eating your opponent's face put them at a big disadvantage, it could even cost them the round ! Therefore a point deduction seems fair.

But for other fouls, it's a headscratch.
I remember reading a double-blind study about eyepokes, and the two guys were indeed blind. I'm not sure about the methodology though.
Lol. Underrated humor

Also am I the only one who thinks people are being too harsh on bite guy? We've seen intentional eye gouging before, and those fighters fought on. Another one is holding on to submissions too long. I would way rather be bitten than either of those two. Didn't Palhares get multiple chances even in the UFC? At the very least, bite guy should get a chance in other promos.

Also am I the only one who thinks people are being too harsh on bite guy? We've seen intentional eye gouging before, and those fighters fought on. Another one is holding on to submissions too long. I would way rather be bitten than either of those two. Didn't Palhares get multiple chances even in the UFC? At the very least, bite guy should get a chance in other promos.
No. Fuck that guy.

I liked how at first it seemed like the commentators were trying to figure out a way that it could've been not 1000% intentional(prob cus it's hard to believe someone would do such a dumb thing and when there's literally no way for even a shred of plausible deniability) then they cut to the bite marks and they were like oh nope he really bit him lol

Last edited:
Reactions: HHJ
Some people are from the school of Keith Hackney. Others emulate Jon Jones. But if you're a disciple of Jeffrey Dahmer, you gots to go

Back