Opinion Should they ban assault weapons?

Should they ban assault weapons?

• Total voters
I'm sure it's been pointed out that these semi-automatic guns allow you to shoot and reload only slightly quicker than a revolver. Banning these won't accomplish anything. Most shootings are accomplished with a good ole everyday handgun, aka the weapon best suited for stashing away in your backpack to shoot up your school with.

Gun nuts are as bad as the PC police. Heaven forbid we make it a little harder or have the wait be longer to purchase tools whose sole reason for existence is the propelling of projectiles for the purpose of causing damage (in layman terms, killing shit). A longer wait period, more stringent screenings, take away the right to own a firearm after a violent arrest (if it's okay to lose your voting rights for some crimes, why shouldnt the same standards apply to firearm and violent offenses?), and enforce and prosecute gun dealers who fail to follow proper protocol. The answer to gun violence is NOT more guns, that's absolutely moronic and flat out wrong. So stupid.

But go ahead, continue to look at pictures of women firing guns and jerk off to your hero fantasies, Clint Eastwood. Buncha cucks.

Condescending and ignorant is never a good look.

Do you think Australians don't have guns?

I think you have very little choice and are limited to those with the least capacity to be effective in all situations.

I don't think you should have anything above 3 shots. You know like a bird gun or deer rifle. This military hardware is ridiculous and not in line with what founders had in mind since people like referring to that so much. Back then arms were single shot.

Anyway the Constitution is malleable anyway. Like yes we have free speech but can't commit fraud, sexual harassment, threats, and all sorts of other things which are speech but against the law

Let's test three shots by limiting the police and see how it goes.

Free speech was never understood to include those things, whereas Americans have always had their choice up arms up until the '30's (and still mostly do). For comparison, the 2nd never included being able to shoot people or threaten them. If we want to have restrictions let's do it the honest way and add an Amendment. Otherwise, start imagining if words slowly go outlawed. That's the superior analogy to what you mentioned.

They should ban assault weapons sure but much more importantly how about realizing some folks are fucking nuts. About getting the gun sure it was a little easier but the kid would of gotten it anyway ....... just a click on the dark Web n he can have it mailed to him maybe cost 3 times as much but u think crazy gives a fuck?

It's fucking pathetic an sick that every time guns are used in a crime it's the guns fault ......

You haven't heard anyone blaming the shooter?

And no one blames the gun, the blame gun laws that allow teenagers who have threatened to shoot up schools to have weapons capable of allowing an untrained teen to kill 17 people very easily.

The Texas Church shooter was stopped by a man with an AR-15.

There are millions of guns in the United States is America. There is no way you are going to ban or remove all of them also different states may allow you to own them. I can own pretty much any gun where I live and I have 75 round drum magazines. Chicago has strict guns laws and the gun crime there is high.

Yes I think we can all agree a line on a map serves as a poor barrier for moving guns. State or city based restrictions are in no way comparable to what would happen with proper laws across the country.

I think you have very little choice and are limited to those with the least capacity to be effective in all situations.

Yes restrictions on what can own exist, but are largely around what is suited for killing humans. Hunting, pest control, sport are all catered for.

i'll say this, i don't think 'banning' weapons is going to curb the illegal gun flow. Unless the assumption is they're actually be able to confiscate/secure all of them, where are they magically gonna go?

that being said, i mean do civilians REALLY need an AR? like really? a .308 rifle won't do? if it's not for killing people, a simple Marlin or Ruger 10/22 isn't enough for practice?

as for the 'it's for government tyranny defense' argument uh sure. Back then, before the government had Tanks, Helicopters, Drones, TOW Missiles, etc....

unless the assumption is that a tyrannical government will only resort to small arms to secure other people's arms, well i don't know what to tell you. Your AR ain't f'n w/ their M2 .50 cal

Say they ban "assault " weapons and even make people turn them in.

Then the next mass shooter (and there will be one ) and they use a different semi auto long gun. Then the only "sensible " thing is to ban all semi autos

Then when they use a pump and on, until we get what they want, UK style gun laws.

Why don't we start with securing the schools.

You know lock the doors and have at least one armed guard.

We do this for banks and all kinds of other places.

This guy was not a student how was he able to just walk in, pull the fire alarm and start shooting.

i'll say this, i don't think 'banning' weapons is going to curb the illegal gun flow. Unless the assumption is they're actually be able to confiscate/secure all of them, where are they magically gonna go?

that being said, i mean do civilians REALLY need an AR? like really? a .308 rifle won't do? if it's not for killing people, a simple Marlin or Ruger 10/22 isn't enough for practice?

as for the 'it's for government tyranny defense' argument uh sure. Back then, before the government had Tanks, Helicopters, Drones, TOW Missiles, etc....

unless the assumption is that a tyrannical government will only resort to small arms to secure other people's arms, well i don't know what to tell you. Your AR ain't f'n w/ their M2 .50 cal

A civilian vs. fragmented fed conflict wouldn't even be close mate. We have the smartest, most well trained, and armed citizenry in the world, going up against a force that would generously amount to half of what it can project now. And considering any ROE looser than what we had overseas is just going to push people over to the insurgency. It would be a slaughter.

A civilian vs. fragmented fed conflict wouldn't even be close mate. We have the smartest, most well trained, and armed citizenry in the world, going up against a force that would generously amount to half of what it can project now. And considering any ROE looser than what we had overseas is just going to push people over to the insurgency. It would be a slaughter.
whatever you say man

im not super familiar with that level of liscensing, because who fucking cares, but if you got a class 10(?) i thought you could just do whatever you want.
I have no idea for SOTs, i meant for those rich bastards that could buy explosives they just need to pay 200$ tax stamp per flashbang/explosive/missile

loaded b52 bomber? 200$ tax stamp per bomb

So nothing about guns, which as I stated as a pretty indisputable fact, is a major component of the issue. Last nuance...so you don't think guns are a major contributor? Or you just think there isn't much we can do about it practically?

All the things you said otherwise are great, they don't address access to guns at all.

I don't see guns as the problem . . . I don't feel anything additionally should be done to change existing gun laws.

Rights outweigh what you think others need.

With all due respect, this sounds like someone who is woefully ignorant of recent American history.

The U.S. government doesn't have a very good track record fighting low skilled, poorly equipped insurgencies. Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. In the event of a tyrannical take-over, the Patriot insurgency would be fucking massive, and way better equipped than anything those bare-foot savages could dream of.

Taking a brief look at another case-study, Waco, Texas 1993 --- the U.S. government ambushed a small cult of polygamist rednecks using tanks, chemical weapons, helicopters, automatic rifles... And it was a blood bath. 4 agents killed, the Feds had to throw up the white flag and beg for peace so they could retreat and not lose more people.

The government eventually killed the residents of Waco. Men, women, children - all of them. But it certainly proved a few well armed people can resist tyranny.

Last edited:
With all due respect, this sounds like someone who is woefully ignorant of recent American history.

The U.S. government doesn't have a very good track record fighting low skilled, poorly equipped insurgencies. Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. In the event of a tyrannical take-over, the Patriot insurgency would be fucking massive, and way better equipped than anything those bare-foot savages could dream of.

Taking a brief look at another case-study, Waco, Texas 1993 --- the U.S. government ambushed a small cult of polygamist rednecks using tanks, chemical weapons, helicopters, automatic rifles... And it was a blood bath. 4 agents killed, the Feds had to throw up the white flag and beg for peace so they could retreat and not lose more people.

The government eventually killed the residents of Waco. Men, women, children - all of them. But it certainly proved a few well armed people can resist tyranny.

You guys are under the assumption that armed intervention wouldnt be accompanied by other things, like martial law and rationing of resources. They wouldnt care about the press as it would also be suspended. Nazi germany or Stalinist Russia is a much better imaginging,of how that goes

Either way, that will never happen.

You guys are under the assumption that armed intervention wouldnt be accompanied by other things, like martial law and rationing of resources. They wouldnt care about the press as it would also be suspended. Nazi germany or Stalinist Russia is a much better imaginging,of how that goes

Either way, that will never happen.

Why?

It's happened in this country with the internment of the Japanese 60 years ago. It's happened all over the world in the past 100 years.

Political violence is the norm, not the exception.

As for Stalinist Russia and Nazi Germany, neither of them had a 2nd Amendment.

Where specifically is anyones right to an AR outlined?

Not a rifle, or firearm, or handgun. But an Assault Rifle?

There is no such thing as an assault rifle. Just like there is no thing as an assault knife.

And the 2nd amendment is explicitly clear. "shall not be infringed"

We need more guns to combat the gun problem!!

The United States of America has become a joke. We're such a pathetic, violent nation anymore. The "patriots" fly confederate flags, and the "peaceful religious" are obsessed with violence and weaponry. I mean come the fuck on. People are talking about arming school personnel? Step the fuck back and think about what you're actually saying. This is not Robocop. That is not a solution. That is you flailing your arms in futility because you're a dumbass who can't admit to being wrong. I see people pointing to Israel as an example. Israel! The country that's been at constant war with its neighbors for most of its existence. That's who you want to model our society after?

And these are the same assholes who are always talking about bringing America back to the good ol' days. Hey shit weasel—how about we strive for the good ol' days when we didn't need armed security guarding the doors at elementary schools?

Oh it's too late for that!

But why?

Because there are already too many people with guns!

So what's the solution?

More people with guns!!!1

You're all retarded. Eventually there won't be a soul left in this country that won't have been touched by a firearm death. Then maybe a shred of logic will be able to force its way into your neanderthal brains and you'll finally come to the startling realization that you're an idiot and don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Then maybe you'll allow the smart people to make policy instead of the insecure shit-for-brains rednecks who use guns as a dick measuring contest.

Why?

It's happened in this country with the internment of the Japanese 60 years ago. It's happened all over the world in the past 100 years.

Political violence is the norm, not the exception.

As for Stalinist Russia and Nazi Germany, neither of them had a 2nd Amendment.

There is no such thing as an assault rifle. Just like there is no thing as an assault knife.

And the 2nd amendment is explicitly clear. "shall not be infringed"
Why not an AT-4? Or Tow Missile? Those are 'arms' still?

Lets not be purposely dense, the 2nd Amendment is HIGHLY up to interpretation

Aren't you ex-military? You know what the Bill of Rights is and what the 2nd Amendment says. Does it say hunting? For sporting purposes? No.

Where specifically is anyones right to an AR outlined?

Not a rifle, or firearm, or handgun. But an Assault Rifle?

Jesus, 40% of people voted that they'd willingly give away their most fundamental right....

Then maybe you'll allow the smart people to make policy instead of the insecure shit-for-brains rednecks who use guns as a dick measuring contest.

I've seen what happens when we do that.

I don't want to live in the U.S.S.R. or North Korea, thanks.

Back