Opinion Should they ban assault weapons?

Should they ban assault weapons?

• Total voters
There sure is.

So, which of these two should be the first step?
  • Registering gun owners
  • Registering the mentally ill

I think it can be done without registry, but I think that if you look at the data the states that have gun registries also have significantly lower rates of gun homicide.

Weird.

I think it can be done without registry, but I think that if you look at the data the states that have gun registries also have significantly lower rates of gun homicide.

Weird.
Weird - and a willful misrepresentation. Your studies from the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence relied on correlating suicides into the homicide rates they used. It's just what they do.

IIRC, even Fact Check gave Obama 2 (out of 4) Pinocchio's for hoisting this particular gem.

OK - 5 minutes later on google:

100315-beltway-Image-Three.jpg

Maine, NH, SD, WV, Iowa, ND, Idaho, Vermont - not a whole lot of registering going on in those states is there?

Last edited:
Weird - and a willful misrepresentation. Your studies from the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence relied on correlating suicides into the homicide rates they used. It's just what they do.

IIRC, even Fact Check gave Obama 2 (out of 4) Pinocchio's for hoisting this particular gem.

Ok, so?

States with greater access to firearms also have greater rates of gun suicide.

That doesn't really debunk anything.

Even if you look at just murders, the states with more restrictions have less murders with guns.

So, you said to " look at the data the states that have gun registries" because they "also have significantly lower rates of gun homicide."

So then I looked at the data -again- and found that what you are saying is true was in fact not true.

Sure you did.

You're assuming the answer to restricting access of firearms to the mentally is making all guns illegal.

You also assumed that's a position I would take by asking such a silly question in the first place.

Sure dude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back