Opinion Should they ban assault weapons?

Should they ban assault weapons?

• Total voters
I not hear about this schools with armed security. I dont think they need to be Seal Team 6 to be effective. Afterall, when an armed gunman appears the public has to rely on a force that is considerably less proficient at combat. Even the airports rely basically on armed security guards (TSA). An armed guard may just be enough deterrent.

I was actually going to start a thread titled "next victims of school shooting have no one else to blame" because by now they should all have some means of defense whether it is armed guards, or everyone is packing heat including students.

Florida schools often have armed resource officers. Parkland school did.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ncountered-rampaging-gunman-article-1.3822777

If there was a ban on assault weapons, how would the ban likely go? Would everyone be required to turn in there weapons?

Gun nuts are as bad as the PC police. Heaven forbid we make it a little harder or have the wait be longer to purchase tools whose sole reason for existence is the propelling of projectiles for the purpose of causing damage (in layman terms, killing shit). A longer wait period, more stringent screenings, take away the right to own a firearm after a violent arrest (if it's okay to lose your voting rights for some crimes, why shouldnt the same standards apply to firearm and violent offenses?), and enforce and prosecute gun dealers who fail to follow proper protocol. The answer to gun violence is NOT more guns, that's absolutely moronic and flat out wrong. So stupid.

But go ahead, continue to look at pictures of women firing guns and jerk off to your hero fantasies, Clint Eastwood. Buncha cucks.

If there was a ban on assault weapons, how would the ban likely go? Would everyone be required to turn in there weapons?

Most likely no. Legally owned guns that fit that profile would likely be grandfathered in and any ban would most likely just restrict new purchases.
But don't let the NRA propaganda gang hear that, they take any attempt at gun reform as the military showing up at your house and taking away your pistol.

Gun nuts are as bad as the PC police. Heaven forbid we make it a little harder or have the wait be longer to purchase tools whose sole reason for existence is the propelling of projectiles for the purpose of causing damage (in layman terms, killing shit). A longer wait period, more stringent screenings, take away the right to own a firearm after a violent arrest (if it's okay to lose your voting rights for some crimes, why shouldnt the same standards apply to firearm and violent offenses?), and enforce and prosecute gun dealers who fail to follow proper protocol. The answer to gun violence is NOT more guns, that's absolutely moronic and flat out wrong. So stupid.

But go ahead, continue to look at pictures of women firing guns and jerk off to your hero fantasies, Clint Eastwood. Buncha cucks.

1) Waiting periods have no effect on gun crime, FYI.
2) Most felons cannot own guns - you seem ignorant of this fact. Comical yet unsurprising that you would weigh in on the issue of gun control.
3) Are there a lot of gun dealers who don't follow proper protocol? I'd wager the unwillingness of authorities to prosecute felons who unlawfully attempt to purchase firearms outnumbers them 100:1. Yet, as an attorney general once said to Congress, "They are paper crimes so we don't prosecute".
3) How do you stop violent crime? Men with guns arrive. So actually the answer to gun violence is to bring more guns.

Also, -5 pts to you for using the word "cuck".

Most likely no. Legally owned guns that fit that profile would likely be grandfathered in and any ban would most likely just restrict new purchases.
But don't let the NRA propaganda gang hear that, they take any attempt at gun reform as the military showing up at your house and taking away your pistol.

Confiscation is already going on, you stupid fuck.

Screen-Shot-2013-11-27-at-9.31.12-AM.png

Everyone saw it here. The Army grunt referenced the Navy's Tier 1 unit instead of the Army's.

Edit: Nvm. You were a jarhead. Carry on.

I still remember when the Marine Corps didn't want to be in special operations because nobody was special and everyone was supposed to be elite....or maybe that was just the delusion I had in my head when I joined. Dammed commercials showing Marines slaying dragons and popping up out of the water camoed up with rifles at the ready out of the water.

DEVGRU is closer to the Marine Corps than the Unit. They are in our ladies department after all. I did have a rather interesting experience running as additional security for one of the normal teams overseas. They were definitely not the elite operators you would expect. Less Rambo, more Dumbo if you catch my drift. Maybe they were just having a bad month, but I was not impressed by their skills. They were definitely in good shape and had good gear though. I usually catch a lot of shit from the SEAL fanboys, but that's what I saw with my own eyes.

I still remember when the Marine Corps didn't want to be in special operations because nobody was special and everyone was supposed to be elite....or maybe that was just the delusion I had in my head when I joined. Dammed commercials showing Marines slaying dragons and popping up out of the water camoed up with rifles at the ready out of the water.

DEVGRU is closer to the Marine Corps than the Unit. They are in our ladies department after all. I did have a rather interesting experience running as additional security for one of the normal teams overseas. They were definitely not the elite operators you would expect. Less Rambo, more Dumbo if you catch my drift. Maybe they were just having a bad month, but I was not impressed by their skills. They were definitely in good shape and had good gear though. I usually catch a lot of shit from the SEAL fanboys, but that's what I saw with my own eyes.

As an aside I think it's hilarious how many people I know going on rants on Facebook doing the usual "NO ONE wants to take your guns" then two posts later quote the Aussie gun ban.

Like... are you listening to yourself?
<JagsKiddingMe>

Yeah you got conned friend. You just had to do three weeks and a long day to stay stationed in Coronado CA, and end up with all the gucci gear and frog hogs choking on your knob.

As an aside I think it's hilarious how many people I know going on rants on Facebook doing the usual "NO ONE wants to take your guns" then two posts later quote the Aussie gun ban.

Like... are you listening to yourself?
<JagsKiddingMe>

Hilarious video! I give the SF boys all credit where it's due. A lot of the Army is bloated shit bags, but those guys aren't that. I know a lot of MARSOC guys got frustrated and left to go to the different SF teams because they still weren't getting the good missions.

Yeah you got conned friend. You just had to do three weeks and a long day to stay stationed in Coronado CA, and end up with all the gucci gear and frog hogs choking on your knob.

Yeah, but then I'd have to wear those dress uniforms. Not a good look. We might not have had a good budget, but damn we made that shit look good.

I not hear about this schools with armed security. I dont think they need to be Seal Team 6 to be effective. Afterall, when an armed gunman appears the public has to rely on a force that is considerably less proficient at combat. Even the airports rely basically on armed security guards (TSA). An armed guard may just be enough deterrent.

I was actually going to start a thread titled "next victims of school shooting have no one else to blame" because by now they should all have some means of defense whether it is armed guards, or everyone is packing heat including students.

Yeah the Florida school had armed security from what I understand. Didn't do them much good.

Hilarious video! I give the SF boys all credit where it's due. A lot of the Army is bloated shit bags, but those guys aren't that. I know a lot of MARSOC guys got frustrated and left to go to the different SF teams because they still weren't getting the good missions.
Buddy of mine was there and chose discharge over trying to transfer.

Buddy of mine was there and chose discharge over trying to transfer.

One of my old Battalion Commanders wound up in charge of one of the MARSOC Battalions. I can see why they would want to transfer. He was the type of BC that would make you do a 25 mile hump in a thunderstorm on the Friday before a 96. And he once interrupted me lifting weights when he dropped by to join me in a set of DB bench while in full kit. Hard charger for sure, but I liked him.

Ever been too drunk for a sherdog gun debate?

I’m twelve pages behind... tome for ebony pron. have your fun, sherdog will never solve this crap. @HomerThompson hit this thread with a hotdog gif!

Yeah the Florida school had armed security from what I understand. Didn't do them much good.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-school-shooting-security-20180216-story.html

This article does a decent job of explaining how Cruz got around security measures. There is only one security officer, and its three story building. Having proper armed security is pertinent too.

One guy not enough to cover three stories. Also the article states that the armed guard may not have been on campus at the time. No one has answered that question yet. I dont think it fair to say yet that armed security wont work per say.

Also the school has a security system that locks all the doors. Cruz shot kids in seven different classrooms. He did this by pulling fire alarm which obviously will counteract the locking mechanisms. This Cruz kid did his homework.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-school-shooting-security-20180216-story.html

This article does a decent job of explaining how Cruz got around security measures. There is only one security officer, and its three story building. Having proper armed security is pertinent too.

One guy not enough to cover three stories. Also the article states that the armed guard may not have been on campus at the time. No one has answered that question yet. I dont think it fair to say yet that armed security wont work per say.

Also the school has a security system that locks all the doors. Cruz shot kids in seven different classrooms. He did this by pulling fire alarm which obviously will counteract the locking mechanisms. This Cruz kid did his homework.

Great link, thank you.

@jgarner these places are still incredibly soft targets inviting this kind of shit to happen. Our priority needs to be deterring the attack locally, yet still everyone's imagining that "making it harder" to get a rifle is going to actually do anything to legitimately keep the sensationalist problem from reoccurring.

The teachers that want to be armed, and with a CCW should be allowed to.

Lol imagine being one of those guys getting a DD for every explosive

im not super familiar with that level of liscensing, because who fucking cares, but if you got a class 10(?) i thought you could just do whatever you want.

Yes, buyback scheme. Fairly simple.

Use Australia as a blueprint. John Howard basically squandered 100s of billions in office but is routinely praised for his gun laws post port Arthur.

Yes, buyback scheme. Fairly simple.

Use Australia as a blueprint. John Howard basically squandered 100s of billions in office but is routinely praised for his gun laws post port Arthur.
"We don't want to take all your guns" ..... "quote Aussie system".

<JagsKiddingMe>

Buybacks are horseshit. You never get back what you paid. I could take my $1200 Para to one and they'd offer me fucking $300 for it. Fuck that.

Back