Should Ngannou just stick to boxing till he retires?

Should Ngannou just stick to boxing till he retires?

• Total voters
It doesn't make sense to interrupt his boxing training with MMA camps/fights until the boxing money dries out.

Unless PFL offers to pay him even more money.

Nailed it. Close this thread.

After prime stipe outboxed him I doubt boxing is the way but let's hope
here comes the UFC narrative. "StIpE TeH BeST BoxER." that was a MMA fight, where, as you probably don't know because you are a noob, where the threat of the takedown opens up your striking. get out of here with that total, utter, bullshit.

not sure how his contract with PFL works, but i would imagine, he has to fight for them at some point? how can he sign with an org, get the OK to do boxing, and then never fight for them? pretty sure he has to do at least one PFL fight at some point. I think it makes sense, to take an easy layup PFL HW title fight against some unknown, smoke him, and then that should set up the re-match for Tyson Fury. if not Fury, then any other HW would do big money 100%. i don't think this is the last time we see francis boxing.

If he can get more boxing paydays like a wilder fight he should absolutely do that. The pay is more and less injury risk involved in training not having to grapple and worrying about blowing a knee or your back out.

Francis can become the Gus of boxing by having close fights with the best boxers. But can you get up in the ranks by losing in boxing?

Needs to cash in on this and try to get a a big(ish) name boxing fight. PFL is just a safety league at this point and he come back and cash in on that whenever his luck runs out in boxing

I dont know if he can,but no reason to go back to MMA until he gets starched

He's already had the biggest fight he could have in boxing. I don't know if it's worth risking his new found reputation as some sort of combat sports god. He could just match up with a Paul in PFL or WWE for a lot less potential damage.

Yes Francis should stick to boxing no need to fight in PFL against tomato cans

No need to do MMA. It's harder for him and the risk is much higher.

Yes Fuck mma, he proved he belonged so let him try to conquer another sport and make some real money

He signed that PFL contract with the intention of making money WITH them. I expect him to honor that contract by winning the PFL HW Superfight Belt the in a ppv the 1st qtr of 2024.

Back