Should Ngannou just stick to boxing till he retires?

Should Ngannou just stick to boxing till he retires?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
With that amazing performance against the lineal HW champ in boxing. I wonder why should Francis even go back to MMA. Just stick to boxing, make as much money as possible and than retire.

I think he just does 3 more high profile boxing fights and than off to the sunset.

He is 37 after all.

ngannou-fury-knockdown.jpg

Unless he gets a massive, unprecedented offer from Dana (lol yeah right) involving a cross-promoted super fight with Jones, boxing is the play. Way more money to be had there and he seems to enjoy it.

Depends how he does in his next fight. I certainly think his next fight should be another big payday against a big name boxer, but if he doesn't perform as well as he did on Saturday then perhaps the attraction is gone for boxing fans and it's back to MMA.

But if I were him I'd stick with boxing while the big fights are still there rather than fight 2nd rate heavyweights in the PFL, yes.

Outside of a Jones fight MMA has no real big fight for Ngannou.

Ngannou vs Joshua or Wilder would be worth paying for if the card under it is decent. While Ngannou vs Delija is a pretty lackluster squash match.

Depends how he does in his next fight. I certainly think his next fight should be another big payday against a big name boxer, but if he doesn't perform as well as he did on Saturday then perhaps the attraction is gone for boxing fans and it's back to MMA.

But if I were him I'd stick with boxing while the big fights are still there rather than fight 2nd rate heavyweights in the PFL, yes.

That's well said, thanks.

I totally agree, he should box again asap and then we will see how he performs and go from there. If he does well again, than that's the end for MMA for Francis I believe.

Absolutely! He's proven his chops, his greatness, even. He might not have more than 2 great fights left in him. From herein, he should commanding A minimum of 50% of all purses and those should be even bigger events than yesterday's. 50 mill minimum. He can set himself and his family up for a safe and comfortable generation that money and that's the smart move.

Guys, he's under contract to PFL. How can you vote for something completely unrealistic?
The PFL is going to get something out of him. 1-2 PPVs a year. He can squeeze in a boxing match.
The thing is, his PFL opponents will be so bad, he won't have to train his wrestling, kicking that much. I mean no one is going to last a round.

Not honour his contract with the PFL you mean? Wouldn’t surprise me.

And a lot of lowlifes will actually say..

YES, he should NOT honour his contract. Dishonest fans of a dishonest fighter. Shocking.

Guys, he's under contract to PFL. How can you vote for something completely unrealistic?
The PFL is going to get something out of him. 1-2 PPVs a year. He can squeeze in a boxing match.
The thing is, his PFL opponents will be so bad, he won't have to train his wrestling, kicking that much. I mean no one is going to last a round.

If he is under contract with the PFL, than yes he will have to fight in MMA at some point. True that.

Back