Shogun's Tapping to Strikes = Justified and honorable, GSP tapping to strikes = Straight up Quitting

At least football is consistent with its method and approach, its also generally a meritrocity.

UFC/MMA pretends to be a sport but is instead, like a circus shows of old, an excuse to watch brutality or the chance of brutality to occur.

other than the one or two cash cow fighters that are milked for money with favorable matchups, it is a meritocracy.

Ts just wanted to remind people shogun tapped but veiled it by claiming the tap was the right thing to do.

Nice work TS

At least GSP tapped to minimise the damage and reign for a decade.

Shogun was done anyway.

other than the one or two cash cow fighters that are milked for money with favorable matchups, it is a meritocracy.
Its a meritocracy until it isn't.

The second the circus is even slightly more profitable, prepare to go to the big top.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

georges-st-pierre-nick-diaz-590973.jpg

Jon-Jones-vs-Chael-Sonnen-UFC-159-weigh-478x270.jpg

20150904050916_5D3_7247.JPG

hi-res-adad7bee61a84c519362af5d805fc069_crop_north.jpg

See the gif...the ref was clearly giving GSP time to respond and try to improve position.....He stopped the fight, right when GSP tapped.

I don't give a shit what the wikipedia says....you can clearly tell by the gif.
have you ever seen a guy on his back take that many clear shots to the face and not go out even for a second? that was impressive in itself. GSP started to turn to his side when ref stepped in so ref was gonna stop it cuz it seemed gsp perhaps would turtle up much like many fighters do. referees reflexes aren't that spot on to know gsp was gonna tap therefore step in at the exact exact exact moment. Refs either take too long or jump in too soon much too often.

Regardless this debate will never end
only thing that makes you sound like a new fan that doesn't know anything is when you say Shogun has heart GSP doesn't. They all have heart man they're all fighters for a living for crying out loud. Leave those comments for women and new fans who don't know nor appreciate what they are watching then you and your opinion might be respected more.

The sooner you come to terms with GSP being the GOAT the better off you'll be. Let go of your hate and accept the truth.

Its a meritocracy until it isn't.

It isn't whenever they decide. The second the circus is even slightly more profitable, prepare to go to the big top.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

this happens in every sport:

brock lesnar gets to cut the "sport" line
0ap3000000673766_video_cp.jpg

Dallas Mavericks, worst team in the leauge, to sell tickets, give a retired football player a 1 day contract.

who was the ref for that gsp serra fight? has he ever been asked if he stopped cuz he thought gsp would tap or was tapping? seems like the obvious thing to do no? lol I mean the record doesn't show tapping to strikes meaning ref called it another way but I honestly wonder if he saw it the way many say regarding gsp tapping...

this happens in every sport:

brock lesnar gets to cut the "sport" line
0ap3000000673766_video_cp.jpg

Dallas Mavericks, worst team in the leauge, to sell tickets, give a retired football player a 1 day contract.
They didn't take anyone elses spots though.

Look, im fine with the circus. It works better for the sport to be set up as a freakshow.

They didn't take anyone elses spots though.

Look, im fine with the circus. It works better for the sport to be set up as a freakshow.

roster spots are restricted. 52 for NFL. 15 for NBA. there are minor leaguers killing themselves to make it to the pros.

it's all about the money. but within that, there is a sport.

Shogun (a natural MW) took a beating from the roided LHW GOAT Jones (a natural LHW) for 3 straight rounds until he finally tapped to strikes.

GSP (a natural WW) took some punches from journeyman Serra (a natural LW) and then tapped to strikes in less than 4 minutes.

The difference is drinkability.

It seems to me that this is the ultimate example for GSP fanboys to justify GSP's tapping...In there feeble little minds, they think that because Shogun, one of the toughest fighters in MMA tapped, then GSP tapping has nothing to do with toughness....

This thread is gonna prove how Apple and Oranges, Shogun tapping is compared to GSP tapping.

The Evidence

24aziq1.gif

29ojq87.gif

At face value, if you have no brain cells, you might think, its the same shit...It's not, Context is literally everything.

Argument

1. The Fight wasn't stopped because Shogun tapped.....The fight was stopped because GSP tapped.

See the gifs...Herb dean had already stopped the fight before shogun tapped, he stepped in right after jon jones had threw the knee and shogun fell....The tap was 100% irrelevant to the fight stopping....Shogun IMO tapped to show Jon Jones the fight is over, he heard herb dean stop the fight...Now I have no evidence for that last claim but regardless, the fight was stopped before shogun tapped.

GSP fight was clearly stopped because GSP tapped...The ref gave GSP time to try to make a comeback, but GSP mentally gave up, he chose to lose...he chose to have the fight stopped.

2. Shogun got his ass kicked for 3 rounds by the GOAT MMA PED user......GSP got caught and beat up for like 20 seconds by a LightWeight.

This to me show the heart of Shogun and the lack of heart of GSP.....Shogun was getting destroyed the whole time, I mean it was fucking bad....One of the worst beatings in MMA history....Yet shogun tried his hardest, and always seemed to be game.

GSP showed very little heart...He gets caught, and within like 20 seconds, instead of fighting thru adversary like Shogun or many other fighters, he chose to quit.....Sorry but you can't even compare the tappings for those reasons alone....Shogun got beat for 3 fucking rounds, GSP didn't have the guts to try and survive for that long.

3. Shogun has a family.....GSP does not.

Mauricio-Shogun-Rua-Wife-Renata-Ribeiro-Rua-pic1.jpg

bhodzm1.jpg

Shogun has way more to lose than GSP....He was getting beat for 3 fucking rounds, with literally no chance of winning...The man has a family, if he were to get permanently injured or even die, his wife and daughter would be in need....Subconsciously or even consciously, shogun knew this, he knew that if anything happen to him, nobody will be there to care for his wife/kid.....So he had way more to lose and in the end of the day, MMA is just a sport.....It is honorable to put you family over you own ego.

GSP on the other hand has no family to provide for, at least at the time.....Sure he has a mom/dad/sister/etc but he didn't have a wife or daughter/sons at the time, who are dependent on him.....He really doesn't have that much to lose, like Shogun....I mean to tap within 20 seconds of adversary, when you have no family, to me is really soft. Sure you can say "but but what about his health?", bro we have seen way fucking worse beatings, the odds of GSP dying or being permanently injured is basically ZERO.........The ref was right there, he would've stopped that shit in like 2 more seconds.

So can the GSP nuthuggers stop comparing these tapping of strikes....They are completely apple and oranges.

Shogun clearly has more heart than GSP.
Answering short.

Both felt they were done.

Questioning Shogun RUA!
Or
GSPs heart because of it is silly.

lmao holy shit you're a fucking loser, i knew you were a stupid shitposter but this is hilarious.

" i like shogun and hate GSP, so shogun tapping to strikes is fine but GSP is a pussy! "

embarrassing.

It's not a comparable scenario!! Shogun was having his soul removed from his body throughout the fight. GSP got caught and obviously smashed him in the rematch.....Now imagine Jones rematching Shogun, Shogun would miss the flight let alone the fight!!

Shogun (a natural MW) took a beating from the roided LHW GOAT Jones (a natural LHW) for 3 straight rounds until he finally tapped to strikes.

GSP (a natural WW) took some punches from journeyman Serra (a natural LW) and then tapped to strikes in less than 4 minutes.

The difference is drinkability.
Could be worse, like getting KTFO in record time.

Could be worse, like getting KTFO in record time.
Frank Mir confirmed that there is an “unspoken rule” among MMA fighters that tapping to strikes is “unacceptable” and “soft”.

Back