Shogun's Tapping to Strikes = Justified and honorable, GSP tapping to strikes = Straight up Quitting

Anybody that shits on tapping to strikes has never had a single fight in their life. That goes without saying. Be ause if you have enough fights. Sooner or later you’re going to lose.

Since the day I became old enough to understand fighting. There has been “ calling uncle “, or “ giving up “. But I guess Shertards would rather some guy just keep punching them.

Sorry, but I’ve been in way too many fights to believe that bullshit. I’ve lost a few, and never been knocked out. I’ve definitely said ok, enough I give. And I’ve had plenty of guys say it to me. And there is not a shertard alive that will allow me to punch them in the face over and over and over. I fucking guarantee that.

I’d give, and so would you. So fuck right of Shertards. Or put your money where your mouth is.

both were justified. they felt they were done. this is a sport.

This. Why does it matter that one guy took more punishment than the other before tapping? They both tapped.

Georges tapped real quick to Hughes too, he has a propensity for self preservation.

Fuck I remember when shogun fans called fighters that tapped pussios who had no heart.

Then he tapped and the whole perception on tapping changed LMAO.

They both quit, slight difference is GSP was rocked and dropped multiple times and was eating a barrage of punches when he tapped, Shogun was not in the same onslaught, he was backing up, ate some singular body shots then tapped

I rag on GSP all the time but he has shown heart against Hendricks, Condit and others. He did quit against the worst fighter to win a UFC title(something he's responsible for) but he did redeem himself later.

It seems to me that this is the ultimate example for GSP fanboys to justify GSP's tapping...In there feeble little minds, they think that because Shogun, one of the toughest fighters in MMA tapped, then GSP tapping has nothing to do with toughness....

This thread is gonna prove how Apple and Oranges, Shogun tapping is compared to GSP tapping.

The Evidence

24aziq1.gif

29ojq87.gif

At face value, if you have no brain cells, you might think, its the same shit...It's not, Context is literally everything.

Argument

1. The Fight wasn't stopped because Shogun tapped.....The fight was stopped because GSP tapped.

See the gifs...Herb dean had already stopped the fight before shogun tapped, he stepped in right after jon jones had threw the knee and shogun fell....The tap was 100% irrelevant to the fight stopping....Shogun IMO tapped to show Jon Jones the fight is over, he heard herb dean stop the fight...Now I have no evidence for that last claim but regardless, the fight was stopped before shogun tapped.

GSP fight was clearly stopped because GSP tapped...The ref gave GSP time to try to make a comeback, but GSP mentally gave up, he chose to lose...he chose to have the fight stopped.

2. Shogun got his ass kicked for 3 rounds by the GOAT MMA PED user......GSP got caught and beat up for like 20 seconds by a LightWeight.

This to me show the heart of Shogun and the lack of heart of GSP.....Shogun was getting destroyed the whole time, I mean it was fucking bad....One of the worst beatings in MMA history....Yet shogun tried his hardest, and always seemed to be game.

GSP showed very little heart...He gets caught, and within like 20 seconds, instead of fighting thru adversary like Shogun or many other fighters, he chose to quit.....Sorry but you can't even compare the tappings for those reasons alone....Shogun got beat for 3 fucking rounds, GSP didn't have the guts to try and survive for that long.

3. Shogun has a family.....GSP does not.

Mauricio-Shogun-Rua-Wife-Renata-Ribeiro-Rua-pic1.jpg

bhodzm1.jpg

Shogun has way more to lose than GSP....He was getting beat for 3 fucking rounds, with literally no chance of winning...The man has a family, if he were to get permanently injured or even die, his wife and daughter would be in need....Subconsciously or even consciously, shogun knew this, he knew that if anything happen to him, nobody will be there to care for his wife/kid.....So he had way more to lose and in the end of the day, MMA is just a sport.....It is honorable to put you family over you own ego.

GSP on the other hand has no family to provide for, at least at the time.....Sure he has a mom/dad/sister/etc but he didn't have a wife or daughter/sons at the time, who are dependent on him.....He really doesn't have that much to lose, like Shogun....I mean to tap within 20 seconds of adversary, when you have no family, to me is really soft. Sure you can say "but but what about his health?", bro we have seen way fucking worse beatings, the odds of GSP dying or being permanently injured is basically ZERO.........The ref was right there, he would've stopped that shit in like 2 more seconds.

So can the GSP nuthuggers stop comparing these tapping of strikes....They are completely apple and oranges.

Shogun clearly has more heart than GSP.

Shogun did not tap to strikes. The fight was already over. It is obvious you are a foob who didn't know what mma was when fight happened. I saw the shit go down.

Tapping to strikes is a beta move, as Francisco Mir proved.

Both Shogun and GSP tapped to strike because they're not true fighters and have very small hearts. True fighters like Andy Wang go out on their shields like warriors then cry about it afterwards.

Again, shogun did not tap to strikes. Fight was over already.

They both quit, slight difference is GSP was rocked and dropped multiple times and was eating a barrage of punches when he tapped, Shogun was not in the same onslaught, he was backing up, ate some singular body shots then tapped

Except that Shogun did not quit. Ref stopped the fight. Any tapping that took place or didn't take place happened afterward.

Jon JonesUFC 128 - Shogun vs. Jones
Mar / 19 / 2011TKO (Punches and Knees)
Herb Dean
Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mauricio-Rua-5707#DVVzErgpR7mGWwjb.99

^ tap to strikes would be listed

Shogun was not in the same onslaught

You're right he wasn't, he took an onslaught that was about literally 10 times worse. Jon Jones gave him possibly the worst 3 round beating in MMA before that final killing combo. Flying knees, spinning elbows, Rock bottom, kicks landing everywhere etc. It was a slaughter.

Taking some winging punches from a guy(who isn't even a great fighter) a weightclass smaller than you is nothing in comparison.

TS how do you feel about someone tapping to a blood choke? Do you admit it is far worse?

For the record many fighters disagree with you and have gone on record saying that when you get a punch that hits you in that right spot behind the ear and takes away all your equilibrium it is a terrible thing as you are alert but your body is just physically malfunctioning. YOu cannot control it to walk properly let alone fight back and that is a horrible place to be when a trained pro is reigning down punches at you.

I invite you to let your arms 'go to sleep' until they are numb and you then cannot properly close your hands to pick up any object. Your feeling is gone, your coordination is gone. And then imagine trying to fight in that spot.

Quitting in that spot is far more reasonable than because you are simply beat up if you want to rank them.

Georges tapped real quick to Hughes too, he has a propensity for self preservation.

He grew in toughness IMO as he got older. The Condit fight he showed incredible heart. Head kicked and rocked horribly. Off his feet, with Condit on top pounding him. GSP refused to settle for bottom, got up landed his own punches and tossed Condit down. He got tougher..

Shogun did not tap to strikes. The fight was already over. It is obvious you are a foob who didn't know what mma was when fight happened. I saw the shit go down.

Again, shogun did not tap to strikes. Fight was over already....

You do not understand what you saw.

Tapping to strikes is a physical reaction to strikes. Shogun did do that.

That is not the same as the fight being 'stopped due to the ref stopping it for tapping to strikes' so stop conflating the two.

It is fact Shogun did tap and he tapped because he wanted the strikes to stop and did not know the ref was otherwise saving him. Guys have also tapped to submissions and the ref did not see, did not stop the fight and it was never acknowledged. But they still tapped if we saw it.

I am a huge Shogun fan. Arguably my 2nd or 3rd favorite fighter but I don't have to deny reality to like him. War Shogun!

He grew in toughness IMO as he got older. The Condit fight he showed incredible heart. Head kicked and rocked horribly. Off his feet, with Condit on top pounding him. GSP refused to settle for bottom, got up landed his own punches and tossed Condit down. He got tougher..
And he was able to be champ as long as he was and accomplish the great things he did because he avoided much of the career shortening damage some shertards thinks makes a fighter tougher if they voluntarily take.

Prize Fighting is a tough enough life without this expectations by retarded fans that fighters owe them to absorb as much damage as they can in every fight. Retiring, rich, healthy and happy and with a GOAT resume determines the winner of the game. Retiring with brain damage but having a bunch of shertards saying 'ya, but he went out on his shield' is just patently sher'tarded'.

No one questioned Shoguns heart before or after that fight besides trolls.

GSP had legit questions about his heart despite the first BJ fight. Quick tap VS Ews specially so.

Fact is Serra was a bloated LW who was known as a BJJ guy.........he had him stumbling and tumbling all over and he didnt attempt to really get back in the fight and chose the easy way out.

Also it was still the 1st round.........he hadnt taken any damage prior to first being clipped outside of some body jabs

it's the exact same thing lol both tapped because they didn't want to get hit anymore, shogun couldn't see the ref stopping jones

If you can’t take repeated head traums you’re a pussy.

Only bitches worry about long term health and quality of life.

Again, shogun did not tap to strikes. Fight was over already.

Except that Shogun did not quit. Ref stopped the fight. Any tapping that took place or didn't take place happened afterward.

Jon JonesUFC 128 - Shogun vs. Jones
Mar / 19 / 2011TKO (Punches and Knees)
Herb Dean
Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mauricio-Rua-5707#DVVzErgpR7mGWwjb.99

^ tap to strikes would be listed
Bro....I said the fight was already over when he tapped, did you even read my post?

It seems to me that this is the ultimate example for GSP fanboys to justify GSP's tapping...In there feeble little minds, they think that because Shogun, one of the toughest fighters in MMA tapped, then GSP tapping has nothing to do with toughness....

This thread is gonna prove how Apple and Oranges, Shogun tapping is compared to GSP tapping.

The Evidence

24aziq1.gif

29ojq87.gif

At face value, if you have no brain cells, you might think, its the same shit...It's not, Context is literally everything.

Argument

1. The Fight wasn't stopped because Shogun tapped.....The fight was stopped because GSP tapped.

See the gifs...Herb dean had already stopped the fight before shogun tapped, he stepped in right after jon jones had threw the knee and shogun fell....The tap was 100% irrelevant to the fight stopping....Shogun IMO tapped to show Jon Jones the fight is over, he heard herb dean stop the fight...Now I have no evidence for that last claim but regardless, the fight was stopped before shogun tapped.

GSP fight was clearly stopped because GSP tapped...The ref gave GSP time to try to make a comeback, but GSP mentally gave up, he chose to lose...he chose to have the fight stopped.

2. Shogun got his ass kicked for 3 rounds by the GOAT MMA PED user......GSP got caught and beat up for like 20 seconds by a LightWeight.

This to me show the heart of Shogun and the lack of heart of GSP.....Shogun was getting destroyed the whole time, I mean it was fucking bad....One of the worst beatings in MMA history....Yet shogun tried his hardest, and always seemed to be game.

GSP showed very little heart...He gets caught, and within like 20 seconds, instead of fighting thru adversary like Shogun or many other fighters, he chose to quit.....Sorry but you can't even compare the tappings for those reasons alone....Shogun got beat for 3 fucking rounds, GSP didn't have the guts to try and survive for that long.

3. Shogun has a family.....GSP does not.

Mauricio-Shogun-Rua-Wife-Renata-Ribeiro-Rua-pic1.jpg

bhodzm1.jpg

Shogun has way more to lose than GSP....He was getting beat for 3 fucking rounds, with literally no chance of winning...The man has a family, if he were to get permanently injured or even die, his wife and daughter would be in need....Subconsciously or even consciously, shogun knew this, he knew that if anything happen to him, nobody will be there to care for his wife/kid.....So he had way more to lose and in the end of the day, MMA is just a sport.....It is honorable to put you family over you own ego.

GSP on the other hand has no family to provide for, at least at the time.....Sure he has a mom/dad/sister/etc but he didn't have a wife or daughter/sons at the time, who are dependent on him.....He really doesn't have that much to lose, like Shogun....I mean to tap within 20 seconds of adversary, when you have no family, to me is really soft. Sure you can say "but but what about his health?", bro we have seen way fucking worse beatings, the odds of GSP dying or being permanently injured is basically ZERO.........The ref was right there, he would've stopped that shit in like 2 more seconds.

So can the GSP nuthuggers stop comparing these tapping of strikes....They are completely apple and oranges.

Shogun clearly has more heart than GSP.

You are retarded if you think that the ref stopped the fight because GSP tapped. He was already motionning to stop it before the tap happened. How the hell can he have a minus 500 milliseconds reaction time? He should be a F-1 pilot with that kind of reaction time.

Frank Mir confirmed that there is an “unspoken rule” among MMA fighters that tapping to strikes is “unacceptable” and “soft”.

Wanna know what is really unacceptable? Roiding. So unacceptable that you get suspended for it and have your wins turned into no contests.

Back