Shogun wants a titleshot with a win over Volkan Oezdemir

Will Mauricio "Shogun" Rua be a UFC champion again?

• Total voters
Give him it. Shogun is a legend and the salt from Gus would be amazing

That was pre usada and Jon eye poked the shit out of Rua plus the roids. No proof at all Shogun juiced ever. But there is proof of Jon..Pull his nuts out of your mouth and do some critical thinking. I know it will be hard for you.

LOL so much bitterness, I can smell it.

lol shogun haters are the most miserable pricks around....why is anyone talking about bones or DC, neither are part of the lhw division anymore...at least for the forseeable future

one guy in here even wanted to come off as not knowing who shogun is "is that the guy w/ the knees?" lol

for being the classiest((even when implying he thinks he should get a title shot with a win over a top contender))
for being a true warrior that puts it all out there everytime
for being involved in some of the biggest and best matchups of all time
for his longevity, commitment and love of the sport

war always Shogun, win or lose

It also didn't help that he was probably allowed to juice in Japan, too. But I do think that Jones took his soul.
Being allowed to =/= using
We don't know if he used or not, we can only guess. Now with Jones we can say 100% that he is a cheater, and did that not only once.

Jones did nothing, Shogun knee injuries were the problem.

It would be damn near impossible to deny him a title shot if he wins.

If not Shogun, then who?

Injured Gus is the only half decent alternative.

Lots of people voting with their hearts and not head.
I voted with my heart. Shogun getting one last shot at the title would be awesome. Merit wise Gus probably deserves even though he barely fights. Decisioning Jan and KOing Glover > Decisioning current Little Nog, split decisioning Corey Anderson and TKOing Villante.

It would be damn near impossible to deny him a title shot if he wins.

If not Shogun, then who?

Injured Gus is the only half decent alternative.

Gus has not been injured in a while, he could have fought in next month but he doesnt have a fight.

Give him it. Shogun is a legend and the salt from Gus would be amazing

I believe Gus would be happy for him, Shogun is his idol. Even I would be happy to see Shogun get a one more title shot, and Im the biggest Gus nuthugger here.

He will tap to strikes again before he ever makes it that far.

Shogun is a legend.

He’ll never be champ again though.

I got nothing against shogun but I highly doubt he can best No Time let alone (let's say gus in a LHW interm title fight) DC for the title. Too many years and wars for this old war horse.

Shogun even now against a clean Jon Jones would be a good fight to make, in a few years anyway when Jones can fight again. DC and Shogun is close to call. Rooting for Shogun but DC would probably win by decision. Shogun can ko him for sure though.
LOL.

I say give it to him. Man, would i love to see him recapture the title. I know it's a long shot, but Volkan is a winnable fight for him, and DC got his chin cracked last time out. Make it happen, Dana!

No thanks. His last 3 wins were against less than stellar opponents.

Back