PC Sherdog PC Build/Buy Thread, v6: My Power Supply Burned Down My House

I really hope this solid front panel on cases trend dies out soon. I'm looking for a mid tower, tempered glass side panel, and mesh front panel. Everyone seems to have switched to solid front panels or a gaudy design.
So far I've found the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M and SilverStone RL06. I can find issues that I don't like with each of them, but I might have to compromise.

Alright boyos, how in the fuck are you cooling your Coffee Lake CPUs?

I'm going all in on an 8700k, and custom loops are out of the question (for reasons pertaining directly to laziness).

Looking at basically everything, but i'm intrigued by the Corsair H115i on the water side, and the Noctua NHD15 on the air side. Overclocking is definitely happening, maybe a light one to start off. Open to suggestions.

I'm going all in on an 8700k, and custom loops are out of the question (for reasons pertaining directly to laziness).

Looking at basically everything, but i'm intrigued by the Corsair H115i on the water side, and the Noctua NHD15 on the air side. Overclocking is definitely happening, maybe a light one to start off. Open to suggestions.
I just have a cyrorig H7 with an extra fan. Anything bigger didn't fit in my case.

I didn't get an 8700k, though. just a baby 8350k

Last edited:

Custom loops aren't as hard as you think. Hardest part is installing the gpu block if you go that direction. Even then, it's screws and double sided thermal pads.
The Phanteks PH-TC14PE, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, and the be queit! Dark Rock Pro 3 perform in the same tier as the NHD15. There's another one in that tier but I don't recall what it is off hand. I personally like radiators because you can choose where you want to dump your heat instead of it going back in the case and affecting temps of other components.

I just have a cyrorig H7 with an extra fan. Anything bigger didn't fit in my case.

I have an NZXT Phantom 630, so i'm trying to fit the biggest bastard in here that I can. Gotta put all that unused case to work.

Custom loops aren't as hard as you think. Hardest part is installing the gpu block if you go that direction. Even then, it's screws and double sided thermal pads.
The Phanteks PH-TC14PE, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, and the be queit! Dark Rock Pro 3 perform in the same tier as the NHD15. There's another one in that tier but I don't recall what it is off hand. I personally like radiators because you can choose where you want to dump your heat instead of it going back in the case and affecting temps of other components.

That Dark Rock Pro 3 looks good, you think that would handle a moderate overclock without sending me shooting into the 100 degree range? I guess i'm trying to get something that will last me until I reach the point that I want to overhaul everything. So hopefully, this would be the last cooler I got until my CPU or GPU shit the bed.

I have an NZXT Phantom 630, so i'm trying to fit the biggest bastard in here that I can. Gotta put all that unused case to work.

That Dark Rock Pro 3 looks good, you think that would handle a moderate overclock without sending me shooting into the 100 degree range? I guess i'm trying to get something that will last me until I reach the point that I want to overhaul everything. So hopefully, this would be the last cooler I got until my CPU or GPU shit the bed.
If the Dark Rock Pro 3 can't, then their really isn't a cooler out there that would.
Here's an older review with comparisons of the coolers I listed above

Do you actually need a sound card? I've got an Asus Sabertooth S Z170 board, is there any real point in putting a sound card in? Do they make much difference?

Jesus Christ, the GTX 1050 Ti has been over $200 at retail for over a month.

So ready for this shit to end.

Jesus Christ, the GTX 1050 Ti has been over $200 at retail for over a month.

So ready for this shit to end.

Yeah, this is fucking ridiculous, even used cards are ridiculous. 980ti's are going for $450 used. Even 970's in the used market have doubled in price, you used to be able to pick one up for around $130.

id like to get one in a package deal.....but ram jacks up the pricing

Stop being bitch made

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...ApAkyEiAC9lYrkxMVBhoCkv8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
http://www.xs-pc.com/watercooling-kits-rx/

this is what sexual men get

Nice try junior, but that EKWB kit is aluminum. When you go to add a gpu block, it severely restricts your options. Radiators will be the same. Never mix metals son.

im all about that copper life tbh...

i thought us brothers stick together..

Have you so abandoned me ?

Tell me how the 8700k is, now is freakin @Quipling can shhh for a min, let me believe lol

I'm installing right now, but you can bet your ass that when I finish i'm posting 3dMark scores lol.

im all about that copper life tbh...

I'm excited to see what Corsair is going to be coming out with. A lot of EK's upper management and R&D team members quit to go to Corsair.

Back