Sessions revives civil asset forfeiture for people suspected but not convicted of crimes.

giphy.gif
Trying to say I swung and missed?

Use a gif that doesn't show my favorite team watch one of my least favorite teams sandbag a throw.

Anyone who supports people losing their property or money without due process is a moron.
The lack of due process is the part I abhor. I'm 100% cool with drug dealers cars and houses, that can be proven to be obtained through proceeds of crime, being confiscated.

There you go.

But fuck the Lakers too though.

All this said, I can get freezing a person's assests if that person is a flight risk.

Like, multi-millionaires with a passport and private jet I can get taking the passport and freezing most of their bank account except what is needed for like food/rent and shit.

Jeff Sessions hates marijuana and loves that the government can take your shit.

When he was nominated, you can look at my post history and this was before Sessions lied his ass off, that Jeffro, hates weed and wants to take your shit. I disliked the guy for those two positions. When I posted it, all I got was but Hillary and Bill's a rapist.
Sad, when our AG hates the Constitution, and even sadder the Trump Humpers, will cheer wildly, because people are rightfully pissed off about it.
Trump Humper " If liberals hate it I am for it" Hopefully a Trump Humper gets pulled over and the police takes and keeps his car.

Oh, you only got good responses to your post. What are you complaining about?

There you go.

All this said, I can get freezing a person's assests if that person is a flight risk.

Like, multi-millionaires with a passport and private jet I can get taking the passport and freezing most of their bank account except what is needed for like food/rent and shit.

thats not what civil forfeiture is. at all.

There you go.

1.- Only a court can freeze assets.

2.- There is a difference between freezing and forfeiture.

this doesnt seem like less governement

I can think of instances where I would be ok with forfeiture of assets but all of it comes post-conviction.

I can think of instances where I would be ok with forfeiture of assets but all of it comes post-conviction.

I think the main issue with forfeiture is that its carried out by the executive branch not the judiciary, so you dont really have legal tools to defend yourself.

There is also a difference between criminal forfeiture and civil forfeiture. The cops are using civil in this case.

ive heard about this happening to people going across statelines to buy a car off craigslist with cash, usually $5-10K+. they think youre going buy drugs, so they just confisicate it and then youre out of cash. totally fucked

Taxation is theft. Civil asset forfeiture is crimefighting.

I think the main issue with forfeiture is that its carried out by the executive branch not the judiciary, so you dont really have legal tools to defend yourself.
This is one of those things where I feel like even the whole separation of powers and checks and balances won't work.

Back