Sessions revives civil asset forfeiture for people suspected but not convicted of crimes.

Joe

:l
@Gold
Reaction score
In another reversal of Obama policy the Feds are bringing back asset forfeiture. The policy which allows the gov to seize assets of those who may not even be charged with anything because the gov suspects them of being involved with a crime. The gov can even seize assets in states where its banned.
The Justice Department announced their plans to reinstate the use of asset forfeiture, especially for drug suspects -- making it easier for local law enforcement to seize cash and property from crime suspects and reap the proceeds.

The practice has been criticized because it allows law enforcement to take possessions — such as cars and money — without indictments or evidence a crime has been committed.

"Civil asset forfeiture is a key tool that helps law enforcement help defund organized crime, prevents new crime from committed and weakens the criminals and cartels," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said on Wednesday announcing the revived DOJ policy.

Sessions said these seizures help weaken criminal organizations by taking away their funding, returning properity back to victims of crimw, as well as give funds back to law enforcement officials by allocating the assets toward new vehicles, vests and police training.

"Funds being used to take lives are now being used to save lives," said Sessions.

CBS News' Paula Reid reports that 24 states have passed laws limiting the practice, but local law enforcement can get around those restrictions by giving seized assets to the federal government instead of returning them to their owners. This practice is called "adoption" and it's been used to seize almost $1 billion in assets over the last decade.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/session...partment/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=39940505
its already drawing criticism from utah senator mike lee

Jeff Sessions hates marijuana and loves that the government can take your shit.

When he was nominated, you can look at my post history and this was before Sessions lied his ass off, that Jeffro, hates weed and wants to take your shit. I disliked the guy for those two positions. When I posted it, all I got was but Hillary and Bill's a rapist.
Sad, when our AG hates the Constitution, and even sadder the Trump Humpers, will cheer wildly, because people are rightfully pissed off about it.
Trump Humper " If liberals hate it I am for it" Hopefully a Trump Humper gets pulled over and the police takes and keeps his car.

Anyone who supports people losing their property or money without due process is a moron.

Fucking Fed...... they literally conjure money out of thin air and charge people interest on it, and then when banks inevitably fail due to becoming so greedy and risking more more and more for more debt interest that they are leveraged more than $30 or $40 for every dollar they keep in reserve, they then scare the government into bailing them out with taxpayer money resulting in the most costly tax of all, inflation. Total fucking bullshit.

I mean, there's nothing we can do with ol' Confederate Jeff. Well, maybe the second amendment people can, I don't know.

When he was nominated, you can look at my post history and this was before Sessions lied his ass off, that Jeffro, hates weed and wants to take your shit. I disliked the guy for those two positions. When I posted it, all I got was but Hillary and Bill's a rapist.
Sad, when our AG hates the Constitution, and even sadder the Trump Humpers, will cheer wildly, because people are rightfully pissed off about it.
Trump Humper " If liberals hate it I am for it" Hopefully a Trump Humper gets pulled over and the police takes and keeps his car.

The problem is that you weren't nice about it. If you would have just let all those people call you a cuck, kowtowed to every deflection, and stopped using facts, then they wouldn't have voted for Trump.

Face it, you're personally responsible for Sessions now. You didn't warn people about it in a politically correct manner, so now you're to blame.

I mean, there's nothing we can do with ol' Confederate Jeff. Well, maybe the second amendment people can, I don't know.

Where's all those conservative patriots who dream about fighting a tyrannical government? Jeff Sessions is pro-private for profit prison, anti-states rights on marijuana and pro-asset forfeiture of those not even CHARGED with a crime.

That's pretty tyrannical IMO.

Republicans are the party of freedom loving and small government individuals. So i heard.

Trumpites wont touch this with a 10 foot pole or will claim that Trump was forced to nominate Jeff Sessions.

Republicans are the party of freedom loving and small government individuals. So i heard.

Trumpites wont touch this with a 10 foot pole or will claim that Trump was forced to nominate Jeff Sessions.

"As long as it rustles liberals!"

Anyone who supports people losing their property or money without due process is a moron.
Anti-gunners would support it if it were AR15s and AK47s getting rounded up.

Where's all those conservative patriots who dream about fighting a tyrannical government? Jeff Sessions is pro-private for profit prison, anti-states rights on marijuana and pro-asset forfeiture of those not even CHARGED with a crime.

That's pretty tyrannical IMO.

As usual, the "patriots" who are convinced that they're gonna defend the US against foreign armies, lack the balls to take a stand when the nation's biggest gang gets the greenlight to take their shit for no reason. But the government is supposed to be afraid of them for some reason.

didnt know obama rolled that back.

pretty sure loretta lynch set the record for asset seizures during her stint in new york before he appointed her.

im pretty sure the most assets were seized under obama, but whatever the case yeah sessions is the worst part of voting for trump easily.

Anti-gunners would support it if it were AR15s and AK47s getting rounded up.

giphy.gif

Well, now you know.
the policy says "easier"
i wonder what specifically has changed, he still has had the most asset forfeitures under his presidency has he not?

loretta and sessions are basically the same ironically.

yeah but trump is pwning talk show hosts on twitter tho

Civil asset forfeiture is spooky gestapo level shit. Its opposition shouldn't be a partisan issue at all.

The problem is that you weren't nice about it. If you would have just let all those people call you a cuck, kowtowed to every deflection, and stopped using facts, then they wouldn't have voted for Trump.

Face it, you're personally responsible for Sessions now. You didn't warn people about it in a politically correct manner, so now you're to blame.
<{dayum}>

Back