Serena Williams cries "discrimination" over drug testing

I don't get what is so hard about this to understand.

I have had several SJW friends post about how unfair this was to Serena, and they of course resorted to "whataboutism" and posted clips of male players losing their shit too.

I'm like, "okay...they were wrong too. how does this justify or mitigate the actions by Serena?"

It is rather bizarre how lefties in particular are always trying to justify and rationalize bad behaviour with whataboutism. It is not wrong to point out the inconsistency and unfairness when it comes to being penalized for something, but lefties have it backwards. People should not be given a pass for their bad behaviour because some other person got away with it. Instead, governing bodies should work towards being more consistent when it comes to penalizing bad behaviour.

I have had several SJW friends post about how unfair this was to Serena, and they of course resorted to "whataboutism" and posted clips of male players losing their shit too.

I'm like, "okay...they were wrong too. how does this justify or mitigate the actions by Serena?"

you should say that John McEnroe got ejected for similar stuff before, so that shows the white men are treated worse. Problem solved.

You probably have never met a woman in real life.
But they tend to look a lot different dolled up than in an action shots taken in a grand slam final.

I mean I am not even defending her on the roid issue because she has done some suspicion things.
But let's stay in a real world for a second. Just posting pics without any context can go straight back to r/Donald.

And even if she doped. She will never be the same level as Amstrong or Ulrich alone.

It is probably just the lighting that makes Serena look like a male bodybuilder.

337_tennis.jpg

article-0-057EAA6A000005DC-134_468x551.jpg

serena-jacked2.jpg

CungLeUFC.gif

Word is that umpires or referees or whatever are threatening to boycott any match that includes Herena.

I hope Serena moves to Chicago and converts to Islam so we can concentrate the source of this chickenshit white anxiety in one location.

They're pretty much defending her only because of her sex and race. I wish they'd stop thinking like pseudo activists and just call it for what it is. Serena acted immaturely and was also being coached. She was in the wrong. End of story.

They piss standing up, that’s a man baby

I hope Serena moves to Chicago and converts to Islam so we can concentrate the source of this chickenshit white anxiety in one location.
Or maybe it isn't about race at all and that's just a bullshit smokescreen.

The black community should treat this with greater hostility than any other. This blatant attempt to exploit the very real history of white racism.

Compared to the longer history and current state of black racism? The black community should be outraged and Democrats training them to be professional victims.

Anyway, I wll forever view Williams as a sore loser with a weak mind.

I haven't been following the reaction to this, outside of the forum at least. But there seems to be two different questions.
1. Was Serena out of line?
2. Was the punishment typical for that sort of behavior?

The honest answers seem to be, Yes she was obviously out of line, and No that is not a typical punishment for that sort of behavior.

Depending on how you look at it, you could say, "Well, tough luck, you aren't guaranteed a nice official." Or you could say, "She was treated more harshly for a reason, and I think that reason is _______."

It's like any other sport in that way. For example, some boxing refs take a point, some don't. It seems unfair, but it's pretty typical for referees to handle things in different ways. It's pretty hard for me to see an overzealous referee and blame it on some sort of prejudice, since overzealous referees are not at all uncommon.

you should say that John McEnroe got ejected for similar stuff before, so that shows the white men are treated worse. Problem solved.

John McEnroe is such a brat. It's weird calling a grown man a brat, but that's the best word to describe him. Watching his old videos is just embarrassing. In one of them he actually walks up to the line judge, and starts bouncing a tennis ball on his racket in some weird attempt to intimidate her. Lol. He seems like the kind of guy that needed to be knocked out at some point and it just never happened. There is something so off-putting about grown men who act like children, it's something I just can't stand.

I haven't been following the reaction to this, outside of the forum at least. But there seems to be two different questions.
1. Was Serena out of line?
2. Was the punishment typical for that sort of behavior?

The honest answers seem to be, Yes she was obviously out of line, and No that is not a typical punishment for that sort of behavior.

Depending on how you look at it, you could say, "Well, tough luck, you aren't guaranteed a nice official." Or you could say, "She was treated more harshly for a reason, and I think that reason is _______."

It's like any other sport in that way. For example, some boxing refs take a point, some don't. It seems unfair, but it's pretty typical for referees to handle things in different ways. It's pretty hard for me to see an overzealous referee and blame it on some sort of prejudice, since overzealous referees are not at all uncommon.
did you see the whole rant?

it was like a disillusioned kid, but instead, a full grown woman. Did the punishment fit the crime? I guess that's how tennis does things, but at some point, you gotta stop her ranting. She went on and on for a warning FFS, and her coach was caught on camera. Accused the ref of being a point thief and constantly badgering the guy, demanding that he apologize wtf. Pulling out the woman card, the mom card, victim card...... didnt matter, Osaka put her to school anyhow, probably why she was raging..... roid raging.

did you see the whole rant?

it was like a disillusioned kid, but instead, a full grown woman. Did the punishment fit the crime? I guess that's how tennis does things, but at some point, you gotta stop her ranting. She went on and on for a warning FFS, and her coach was caught on camera. Accused the ref of being a point thief and constantly badgering the guy, demanding that he apologize wtf.

Well yeah, I said she was obviously out of line. I don't think that's even a question.

But according to other tennis players who have spoken up about it, it is not typical to be penalized the way that she was. But again, like I already said, some judges are harsher than others in any sport. I already made my stance pretty clear on this.

Pulling out the woman card, the mom card, victim card...... didnt matter, Osaka put her to school anyhow, probably why she was raging..... roid raging.

You seem to have taken this personally.

Well yeah, I said she was obviously out of line. I don't think that's even a question.

But according to other tennis players who have spoken up about it, it is not typical to be penalized the way that she was.

It's complicated. They're saying they wouldn't have received a game penalty for the "thief" comment, I believe. That might be true on it's face. What they fail to mention is the tantrum she was throwing before she said that, which most would be penalized for. The insult was the last straw for the ump. They're all conveniently leaving out all the shit that lead to it.

It's complicated. They're saying they wouldn't have received a game penalty for the "thief" comment, I believe. That might be true on it's face. What they fail to mention is the tantrum she was throwing before she said that, which most would be penalized for. The insult was the last straw for the ump. They're all conveniently leaving out all the shit that lead to it.

I assume that the tennis pros who have commented are commenting on the situation as a whole, not just that one line. But I don't know if they've actually made that clear or not.

I don't personally think the game-penalty was egregious, I think she just came up against an official that was not lenient at all. But again, I'm no tennis expert. I can really only comment based on what people who know more than me have said.

It's a bit funny that everyone is suddenly an expert tennis judge now. Serena really brings people out of the woodwork.

Back