Serena Williams cries "discrimination" over drug testing

Well yeah, I said she was obviously out of line. I don't think that's even a question.

But according to other tennis players who have spoken up about it, it is not typical to be penalized the way that she was. But again, like I already said, some judges are harsher than others in any sport. I already made my stance pretty clear on this.

You seem to have taken this personally.
uh yeah, she went on and on, at some point, the ref needs to end it.

I dont recall a tantrum going that long before, and yes, I do question roid rage, or at the very least hormonal imbalance from her first kid.

btw, I dont know tennis officiating, but there were multiple ESPN guys defended Ramos and state Serena was clearly in the wrong

I don't personally think the game-penalty was egregious, I think she just came up against an official that was not lenient at all. But again, I'm no tennis expert. I can really only comment based on what people who know more than me have said.

Nah, the "coaching" call was the only questionable call. Serena couldn't let it go, because she was losing, and the ump had to do something. It's really not abnormal for players to be penalized for acting like brats after a bad call.

It's a bit funny that everyone is suddenly an expert tennis judge now. Serena really brings people out of the woodwork.

It's not really her. It's the media taking her side, and pretending that she's some kind of victim, going so far to turn it into some commentary on social injustice towards minorities, for fuck's sake. They're the ones stoking the flames, and not letting it be. If it had just been a regular old tantrum, covered on that day, nobody would be talking about it right now. It's not the first tantrum she's thrown, and it won't be the last. This one is getting attention because she brought the "isms" into it, and the media whores' ears perked up.

I assume that the tennis pros who have commented are commenting on the situation as a whole, not just that one line. But I don't know if they've actually made that clear or not.

I don't personally think the game-penalty was egregious, I think she just came up against an official that was not lenient at all. But again, I'm no tennis expert. I can really only comment based on what people who know more than me have said.

It's a bit funny that everyone is suddenly an expert tennis judge now. Serena really brings people out of the woodwork.
I would say it's more that highly publicised adult temper tantrums draw people out

uh yeah, she went on and on, at some point, the ref needs to end it.

I dont recall a tantrum going that long before, and yes, I do question roid rage, or at the very least hormonal imbalance from her first kid.

This is pretty much confirming her allegation that she's perceived differently because she's a female. She was out of line, just like lots of male tennis players have been out of line, but for some reason you are blaming hormonal imbalances from having children or steroids? Lol.

She can't just be a normal, entitled, professional athlete?

Nah, the "coaching" call was the only questionable call. Serena couldn't let it go, because she was losing, and the ump had to do something. It's really not abnormal for players to be penalized for acting like brats after a bad call.

Yeah that's what I said. I don't know if I was misinterpreted, or if you are agreeing with me. But that's what I was trying to say.

It's not really her. It's the media taking her side, and pretending that she's some kind of victim, going so far to turn it into some commentary on social injustice towards minorities, for fuck's sake. They're the ones stoking the flames, and not letting it be. If it had just been a regular old tantrum, covered on that day, nobody would be talking about it right now. It's not the first tantrum she's thrown, and it won't be the last. This one is getting attention because she brought the "isms" into it, and the media whores' ears perked up.

It's not the first or last time she's done this, that's for sure. I don't see it as some type of injustice at all.

But even so, seeing so many people pretend to understand tennis officiating is somewhat comical. I pretty much immediately just went to see what other actual tennis players and members of the tennis press had to say about it. I'd never claim to understand how tennis tantrums are typically officiated.

John McEnroe is such a brat. It's weird calling a grown man a brat, but that's the best word to describe him. Watching his old videos is just embarrassing. In one of them he actually walks up to the line judge, and starts bouncing a tennis ball on his racket in some weird attempt to intimidate her. Lol. He seems like the kind of guy that needed to be knocked out at some point and it just never happened. There is something so off-putting about grown men who act like children, it's something I just can't stand.

haha, his voice during those tantrums are that of someone who fits the Bill Burr use of the word f - - - - t. Probably the worst in the history of sport.

I timestamped this at a pretty funny point. Watch until at least 5:30 in the clip, about 2 minutes worth of watching. Sums him up very well.

I would say it's more that highly publicised adult temper tantrums draw people out

There is definitely a difference in the way she is perceived for it though, because she is a female. A guy just said it must be steroids or imbalanced hormones from having children. Lol. John McEnroe is a folk hero of sorts to a lot of people for throwing tantrums that go far (way far) beyond anything Serena has done, and he did it constantly.

I think they are all blood boosting. No way they play with that speed for 5 sets.

Nadal is pretty much guaranteed to be a former Fuentes customer. Jesus Manzano talked about spanish tennis players being in Fuentes' office. Who the hell else could he be referring to?

Nadals " injury breaks " when he goes back to Spain are often commented on.

He comes back to tennis after these breaks without a training load looking more muscular than pre injury.

There is definitely a difference in the way she is perceived for it though, because she is a female. A guy just said it must be steroids or imbalanced hormones from having children. Lol. John McEnroe is a folk hero of sorts to a lot of people for throwing tantrums that go far (way far) beyond anything Serena has done, and he did it constantly.
Perceived by whom?

And McEnroe was vilified in the press and generally seen in a poor light. His antics weren't lionized but made fun of.

Eventually his tantrums became comical in retrospect and he's embraced the humorous aspect of it with self effacing jokes.

Williams could someday come to be seen the same way once she leaves the sport and transitions into sports celebrity commentator.

I think her considerable ego may not allow her to mature that far but who knows.

Brilliantly stated...

It's complicated. They're saying they wouldn't have received a game penalty for the "thief" comment, I believe. That might be true on it's face. What they fail to mention is the tantrum she was throwing before she said that, which most would be penalized for. The insult was the last straw for the ump. They're all conveniently leaving out all the shit that lead to it.
Exactly, her rants toward the umpire calling him a thief was the third strike. Serena just would not shut up about it. There's a video minutes long of all her verbal tirades that match. "Thief" was just the very last straw.

The umpire had no choice. She was escalating the situation getting more and more out of control. And it would have continued the rest of the match if he didn't put her back in her place.

Last edited:

McEnroe was ripped for his behavior back then. I remember him being booed right on the court. The narrative that it was ok is false. A lot of Americans even rooted for foreign players because they hated McEnroe.

Like I said, he eventually became that. Not at the time.
At the time he was seen much as she is now, and it had nothing to do with his lack of a vagina or Williams' possession of one.

I just don't see the bias, I see excuse making.
Not from yourself. Just from her

You know he is the reason they created these rules and he had them used on him right?

This is pretty much confirming her allegation that she's perceived differently because she's a female. She was out of line, just like lots of male tennis players have been out of line, but for some reason you are blaming hormonal imbalances from having children or steroids? Lol.

She can't just be a normal, entitled, professional athlete?
Did you watch the video with Stephen A? The guy sourced that men were treated the same way, even A level guys like Nadal.

When you've got ESPN harping on you, and they absolutely LOVE her, you're probably in the wrong. Stephen A calls here the GOAT FFS.

doesnt take rocket science or much research to call out Serena on her antics, it was clear as day that she was out of line, and her arrogance clouded her judgement.

Like I said, he eventually became that. Not at the time.
At the time he was seen much as she is now, and it had nothing to do with his lack of a vagina or Williams' possession of one.

I just don't see the bias, I see excuse making.
Not from yourself. Just from her
I don't like what I've seen from McEnroe the player back in the 80's. That was terrible.

But one thing that helps him, or the perception of him. He's a very engaging commentator. He's good on camera in interviews and when people pick his brain with questions. He is a very interesting person. And he has some unique thoughts and opinions. Just one of those guys where you'd probably say, "I wonder what John McEnroe's take is"

Did you watch the video with Stephen A? The guy sourced that men were treated the same way, even A level guys like Nadal.

When you've got ESPN harping on you, and they absolutely LOVE her, you're probably in the wrong. Stephen A calls here the GOAT FFS.

doesnt take rocket science or much research to call out Serena on her antics, it was clear as day that she was out of line, and her arrogance clouded her judgement.
Serena brings TONS of money to the sport of women's tennis. She's sorta too big to fail. The problem is that they've created an egotistical, arrogant monster. And now how do you handle that?

This is the crux of the matter here.
I mean, we've all seen our favorite athletes lose their shit, or complain about a bad call. (I mean, understandable at that level of competition). But it's the identify politics bull shit, and the media jumping all over it, and SJWs, and White progressive ethnomaschocists piggy backing off this and turning it into something it isn't.

she wasn't targeted because she was black, or a woman.

I don't really disagree with what anyone's saying. To disagree, I'd be splitting hairs. She was out of line, she should have been penalized in some way, she was penalized harshly (but perfectly within the rules), and then she went even further off the deep end.

I don't think the referee treated her differently because she's female. I do think the general public responds differently because she is a female. But she exacerbates that issue by claiming to be mistreated for being female.

Back