10000 Days

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
04cc3f669e0b94b1b81c052277c1a5df.jpg

At least this doesn't have to feel quite as bad for Sonics fans anymore:

kdseattle.jpg

about time they handle the location dispute and bring 'em back

I do find it odd that POR still has a team while SD and SEA don't...

I know why those cities don't have teams (same reason really), but still. Portland?

I know why those cities don't have teams (same reason really), but still. Portland?

I have family in Portland and i'm usually there 4 times out of the year. The fan base and support is super strong out there. Plus outside of their MLS team, they are their only professional sports team there.

Can Diego isn't a legitimate sports city on any level, and Sonics moved because new Oklahoma-based ownership wanted them in OKC. Portland has a great local fanbase and their ownership is stable; Paul Allen has owned the team for nearly 3 decades and he was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest

Can Diego isn't a legitimate sports city on any level, and Sonics moved because new Oklahoma-based ownership wanted them in OKC. Portland has a great local fanbase and their ownership is stable; Paul Allen has owned the team for nearly 3 decades and he was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest
I know all that, I've been to the ol Rose Garden or whatever it was called

but still, Portland? Las Vegas doesn't have a team, but Portland does?

I know all that, I've been to the ol Rose Garden or whatever it was called

but still, Portland? Las Vegas doesn't have a team, but Portland does?
Nike, University of Oregon

That state has a huge sports culture

Nike, University of Oregon

That state has a huge sports culture
so does Green Bay for the packers, still doesn't make sense that there's a team there and not a larger metro area in the US

I wasn't denying what you're saying, my stepdad is from Oregon, went to Oregon State, I went there a lot as a child. It's still odd that SEA has a baseball team and football team, while POR has neither but an NBA team

about time they handle the location dispute and bring 'em back
So far word on the skreetz is the mayor chose Tim or Todd (can't remember which brother but I hope it's Tim because what kind of fucking name is Todd? but it's the guy who did all of the new sports area in down town LA) Leiweke and the OVG group to renovate key arena digging further in to the ground to allow for more space to hold more seats and to allow hockey to be played there.

However, a lot of the people around here don't like this idea and would prefer that Chris Hanson(not the dude from to catch a predator but it would be awesome considering my next paragraph) who tried to get the kings before stern cock blocked again, was putting up all of the money to buy land in SODO to put another arena down by safeco and The Clink because it's a local guy who has been fighting this fight for years
now.(trying to get the port to allow it and get a street vacation)

Also the mayor was expected to basically run unopposed in the upcoming election but he is not running for reelection now because word on the skreetz is, he's a homosexual(confirmed) and he likes to butt rape his interns(so far alleged). So who knows if the next mayor elect will still run with this plan but if it's the lady that people are expecting she will go with this original plan I'm sure.

Either way the good news is we could get a hockey team by 2019, I'm not a huge fan of hockey but going to hockey games are fucking awesome.

Bad news is the NBA isn't trying to expand teams for the foreseeable future, I heard 10 years thrown around, because of the TV deals and that would mean they'd have to split that money with 2 more teams.

so does Green Bay for the packers, still doesn't make sense that there's a team there and not a larger metro area in the US

I wasn't denying what you're saying, my stepdad is from Oregon, went to Oregon State, I went there a lot as a child. It's still odd that SEA has a baseball team and football team, while POR has neither but an NBA team
Somehow Seattle pissed off David "Stallin" Stern back in the day. I hope Stern wakes up to a group of spiders having a gang bang in his mouth.

At least this doesn't have to feel quite as bad for Sonics fans anymore:

kdseattle.jpg

Fucking damnit, it really hurt when they left. LOVED them since I was like 5 and they drafted Gary Payton. Him and Shawn Kemp were like goddamn superheroes.

Somehow Seattle pissed off David "Stallin" Stern back in the day. I hope Stern wakes up to a group of spiders having a gang bang in his mouth.
Stern is a little bitch.

He literally got offended when he came to Olympia to campaign for the NBA and the politicians simply said fans/public funds shouldn't have to pay for the stadium.

He seriously said some shit like "I've never been treated so poorly in my life." When all they did was bring up legitimate concerns.

Glad that midget is out but his little lackey Silver is pretty much just as bad.

Oh well it's funny seeing OKC cry about losing one player endlessly when before they always whined about Seattle being salty for losing an entire franchise, talk about pot meeting kettle.

Their team is gonna be irrelvant now they used to have Harden/Westbrick/KD now they're gonna wallow in mediocrity because no free agent is gonna want to live in shitty ass Oklahoma.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they miss the playoffs this year as their point differential was that of a team with less wins than they got, they had a lackluster draft, have literally no cap space, and other west teams have improved.

Last edited:

Sacramento effect. Relatively large cities that have nothing else.

Seattle is crazy about football, the Ducks in any major sport, soccer, and baseball (in that order, lately). No room for the Sonics.

Clippers need to move back to SD, IMO. LA has been treating them like garbage.

Back