News Sean Brady is in talks to fight at UFC 290

Why? He's already fought Chiesa
I honestly forgot about that, but he's the only guy around his ranking looking to fight, outside of Wonderboy that is. Dang could be Wonderboy now that I think about it, he said he wants to go on another title run. Just not sure he wants to jump in there with another grappler.

Isn't Pereira fighting Wonderboy?
Damn forgot about that to, so back to Chiesa

After some quick detective work, I found out Luque has been looking for a fight as of the 12th:

Jack Della Maddalena said the UFC is trying to line him up with 1 of 3 different top 10 guys currently, I hope it's Jack vs Sean Brady. Giv'em the fuckin hands Jack!
Damn I forgot about Jack, I'd rather he fight Luque, sheesh. Luque is coming off a rough KO though, probably not the best thing for his health.

Damn I forgot about Jack, I'd rather he fight Luque, sheesh. Luque is coming off a rough KO though, probably not the best thing for his health.
There's shavkat too. Good fight to test shavkats grappling defense as he's always been the hammer and never really been the nail. And let's face it, sean brady is probably the biggest name willing to face shavkat right now which is not saying much.

There's shavkat too. Good fight to test shavkats grappling defense as he's always been the hammer and never really been the nail. And let's face it, sean brady is probably the biggest name willing to face shavkat right now which is not saying much.
Brady is willing? Dang brave dude. I think the company is very much in the Shavkat business. I think he only fights up from here on out. Like @HuskySamoan pointed out, I'm pretty sure Colby was only guaranteed a title shot if Leon defended again in July. Since that's officially a fight night now, I think Burns x Belal determines the next #1 contender and Colby becomes Shavkat fodder, fingers crossed.

Last edited:

I just want to see Jack vs a solid wrestler so we can see his ascension into the top 10 with some amount of confidence. I get Emeev was a Sambo world champ but Emeev isn't the guy. For my own selfish interests I'd like Jack vs Brady, it answers questions. Could do Jack vs Chiesa, Magny or Gunnar next too I suppose. Otherwise there's Jack vs Holland, Luque or Neal. They should give Rinat Fakhretdinov a real push too.

I think Jack knocks Luque out in under 2 rounds and does it leisurely. It's the least interesting and easiest path for him into the top 10.

Probably Magny. Brady will sub him in round 1 or get finished in round 3. Possibly 10-8 round 1 & Magny doesn't finish but it ends in a draw?

Brady is willing? Dang brave dude. I think the company is very much in the Shavkat business. I think he only fights up from here on out. Like @HuskySamoan pointed out, in pretty sure Colby was only guaranteed a title shot if Leon defended again in July. Since that's officially a fight night now, I think Burns x Belal determines the next #1 contender and Colby becomes Shavkat fodder, finger crossed.
Tbh it's a lot of wishful thinking that we see shavkat as soon as 290 but I'd think the guys above brady would be less willing to fight shavkat compared to brady who has just lost and seems willing to do anything to get it back. Jdm would be just as good tho. Almost

I just want to see Jack vs a solid wrestler so we can see his ascension into the top 10 with some amount of confidence. I get Emeev was a Sambo world champ but Emeev isn't the guy. For my own selfish interests I'd like Jack vs Brady, it answers questions. Could do Jack vs Chiesa, Magny or Gunnar next too I suppose. Otherwise there's Jack vs Holland, Luque or Neal. They should give Rinat Fakhretdinov a real push too.

I think Jack knocks Luque out in under 2 rounds and does it leisurely. It's the least interesting and easiest path for him into the top 10.
Yeah I agree with you, I just selfishly want to see these two bang since JDM seems to be on the ascent and Luque is very much slowing down. I don't think there will be another opportunity for them to meet up in the future. Also agree that Jack puts him down with relative ease, just want to see the fire fight while it lasts, utter chaos.

Besides there's there are plenty of other grapplers to test him against as you pointed out. Chiesa is interesting because he's got wrestling and Jiu Jitsu, matched with his horrible striking, I think it creates a classic striker vs grappler match up, lol.

I'm not up on this Rinat cat, quick Google shows he's got two wins against decent guys. With Periera matched up and Masvidal retiring, who really makes sense?

Yeah I agree with you, I just selfishly want to see these two bang since JDM seems to be on the ascent and Luque is very much slowing down. I don't think there will be another opportunity for them to meet up in the future. Also agree that Jack puts him down with relative ease, just want to see the fire fight while it lasts, utter chaos.

Besides there's there are plenty of other grapplers to test him against as you pointed out. Chiesa is interesting because he's got wrestling and Jiu Jitsu, matched with his horrible striking, I think it creates a classic striker vs grappler match up, lol.

I'm not up on this Rinat cat, quick Google shows he's got two wins against decent guys. With Periera matched up and Masvidal retiring, who really makes sense?
Rinat vs ponzi?
Leech is available too
Also semelsberger wells winner ig

Tbh it's a lot of wishful thinking that we see shavkat as soon as 290 but I'd think the guys above brady would be less willing to fight shavkat compared to brady who has just lost and seems willing to do anything to get it back. Jdm would be just as good tho. Almost
Very wishful, dudes in Mecca last I heard. He'll probably be back in the fall. Yeah you guys are selling me on this JDM fight, dude needs to be tested by s grappler and Brady could steal his hype with an impressive showing. I just selfishly want that Luque fight for JDM.

Rinat vs ponzi?
Leech is available too
Also semelsberger ig
I guess I was thinking ranked guys. Dang Leech is back out after teaching 10? How sad, the company really fucked him over.

Rinat trains at ATT, could be a reason to not fight Ponzi, but dudes at that gym always fight eachother, do maybe.

Smelly could get it, why not

WW is really an embarrassment of riches, which is why it's even more baffling that Covington gets gifted a shitle tot.

Back