School bans "Poverty-shaming" coats

Kids should be forced into school uniform, and that uniform should come with a thick jacket, gloves and hat.

This is what is considered bullying now?

It always was a pretty big source for bullying, from what I remember. I remember kids getting made fun of if they happened to have a plastic bag from Zellers to carry their lunch in or whatever, or if you had no name shoes. That was a biggie. Always had my parents buying me $100+ sneakers, just to avoid the bullshit at school. You show up with some knock off brand, and you're not gonna have a good day.

That said, they should implement school uniforms or fuck off. You can't punish the kids for having the best swag. This isn't gonna solve anything. Some other piece of clothing will be used as a status symbol, and the poor kids will still get made fun of.

I have a Pyrenex fur coat. It was quite expensive, (more expensive than usual jackets), but it is very warm and looks good. Worth it

They should ban expensive clothing on account of being educational.

120 bucks guys.

promoted-media_53f518199c27d.png

lol, 120 dollars for a plain white cotton t-shirt. I get mine for 5 dollars.

Ffs. Stupidity strikes again.

This isn't really anything that new, a lot of the reason for school uniforms in the first place was to try and avoid differences in clothing highlighting someones background.

I mean this thread pretty much confirms the potential for bullying doesn't it?

Lots of private schools take this approach. I think it is a good idea and there is nothing wrong with it.

Kids should be forced into school uniform, and that uniform should come with a thick jacket, gloves and hat.

I went to private high school and we had uniforms. It was the itchiest, most poorly cut and low-quality garbage ever. The manufacturers who make that shit are laughing their way to the bank, they get to make potato bag clothes that would never sell on the free market, and parents pay bank for them.

I went to private high school and we had uniforms. It was the itchiest, most poorly cut and low-quality garbage ever. The manufacturers who make that shit are laughing their way to the bank, they get to make potato bag clothes that would never sell on the free market, and parents pay bank for them.

Cheaper to buy your kids name brand clothes than the freaking school uniforms!

Also, I am fully behind banning Canada Goose jackets for other reasons.

(Evil animal exploitation reasons.)

what about those kids that had parents preparing like Sushi for lunch and stuff?

are they banned now too?

gtfoh

Being Chilean the biggest social problem there is, "classism" it's all about your last name, where you live, what's your area code, how much variety of clothes you have etc. Funny to see that being a problem in Canada.

What do you think about the children wearing school uniforms?
It is very common throughout Chile and I see many advantages.

I was having dinner and drinks with some Chileans last weekend and they told me the same thing.
Are there really that many different last names? Aren't names like Vasquez or Diaz or something like that common?

The south of Chile has many Germans. Having a German name is prestigious to the extent that many people refer to themselves as "German" as opposed to Chilean, despite never having been to Germany nor speaking the language.

A "Schmidt" is considered to be superior to a "Mansilla" for example.

Yes demanding uniformity in clothing is communistic which is why all private schools have uniforms. The SJW PC outrage!!!!!

meh, in the 80s-90s the poor kids would have stabbed/beaten up the kids wearing those jackets and taken them.
I had to defend my members only jacket in fights 2-3 times as a kid.

Still got that mother fucka

G/f wanted to throw it out and asked why I still had that old ass jacket in my storage truck.

I told her she didn’t know what that jacket had been through. She’d go before it did.

I was expecting coats with slogans on the back like “Shame on you! Poor pieces of shit!”

The Melania coat.

That was ban worthy.

Just going after specific brands in your dress code is usually just racist as fuck like Lucky Strike's dresscode in Hollywood (brands popular with black people are all banned as are jerseys and pro sports jackets).

Fuck that, I’m still going to stunt on these commies with dat gortex

_2-MQ1.gif

Being Chilean the biggest social problem there is, "classism" it's all about your last name, where you live, what's your area code, how much variety of clothes you have etc. Funny to see that being a problem in Canada.

UK is not in Canada... Canada Goose is a brand

Remember when kids used to get Deebo'd for their Starter jackets?

I had an ORL Magic, my bro had the original Charlotte Hornets, they went so hard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back