School bans "Poverty-shaming" coats

Lvnvmma

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-46221556

A school bans expensive branded jackets because of "poverty shaming." This is the first I've heard of this term.

Woodchurch High School in Birkenhead said pupils would not be allowed to wear branded coats such as Moncler, Pyrenex and Canada Goose.

Head teacher Rebekah Phillips said pupils and parents supported the move.

TxSIOic.jpg

This is what is considered bullying now?

meh, in the 80s-90s the poor kids would have stabbed/beaten up the kids wearing those jackets and taken them.

Seriously first world problems.

I was expecting coats with slogans on the back like “Shame on you! Poor pieces of shit!”

I'm gonna wear a coat with this emblem and go to that school.
<{poor?}>

We should all just become NPC's and wear grey sweat suits. That way nobody will feel excluded

IMG_2184.JPG

Poor people worry about food, not coats. This is middle class shaming at best.

I dont understand how these coats are signifiers of wealth. In fact, no one is even rockin these anymore because they've gotten played out. This must be some corny ass midwestern school cuz no one in NYC wears these but herbs and FOBs.

Canada Goose coats are expensive because they're high quality. They keep you warm.

The cheap coats are cheap because they aare ccrap and din't keep you warm.

This is ludicrous.

I got a better idea. Every kid gets an 8 Ball jacket.

hqdefault.jpg

That way they're all poverty styling, while ballin at the same time.

Being Chilean the biggest social problem there is, "classism" it's all about your last name, where you live, what's your area code, how much variety of clothes you have etc. Funny to see that being a problem in Canada.

They should ban expensive clothing on account of being educational.

120 bucks guys.

promoted-media_53f518199c27d.png

I hope the rich kids drive over the poor ones with their SUVs after school.

Back