SBBC : No Bull...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for answering dude. I can't say I totally disagree with your sentiment...but I also can't totally agree. I've been hoping we (lol what team do I play for) would get past that type of shit a loooong time ago but I realise that LMAO at my naive hopes! But the reason I'm asking is because I don't understand what a victory would even entail regarding blood/treasure. Basically, what exactly do we hope to accomplish there?
I think Mattis’ big concern is Russia basically having a satellite country in the area and us leaving cause Assad.... meaning Putin told us to leave... worries him that were giving that much deferment to the Russians.

I think Mattis’ big concern is Russia basically having a satellite country in the area and us leaving cause Assad.... meaning Putin told us to leave... worries him that were giving that much deferment to the Russians.
Which leads me to believe that Mattis' is acting like a cold war dinosaur. I'm honestly torn on this shit...I don't believe for a second that we will ever pacify some of these places...and Im also not naive enough to think that Trump has any semblance of a coherent reason to bounce.

That said, I've not understood our actions in that region for quite awhile. I don't even think it's strategically necessary anymore...I guess I am most worried about America not being prepared for a fight that actually matters because of it

This Mattis shit is crazy. Not the whole him resigning but the facts it’s being talked about in the SBBC.

<FookIsThatGuy>

This Mattis shit is crazy. Not the whole him resigning but the facts it’s being talked about in the SBBC.

<FookIsThatGuy>
TBF your response is the exact reason I brought it up here. Intelligent people post here (well not everybody) without immediately shitting period blood all over the place. If nobody is interested, like you pointed out with that manlet gif, the topic moves on right away.

Why are you so shook tho?

got a duck and ham for xmas dinner.
sweet potatoes, reg ones for mashing.
baby carrots.
pumpkin pie with cool whip.

got a duck and ham for xmas dinner.
sweet potatoes, reg ones for mashing.
baby carrots.
pumpkin pie with cool whip.

Do you have a big family that comes over or somethin? I'm still solo at this point so that grocery run seems outlandish to me.

there will be a few of us and sometimes ppl drop by at the last minute.
*reminds self to get more wine and booze

I'm really excited to have my mother in law with us for Christmas.

giphy.gif

My nana passed this morning around 2am

Glad shes at peace
Sorry she couldn't get another Christmas, I'm sure she fought the good fight.

I'm really excited to have my mother in law with us for Christmas.

giphy.gif
That's the best part of my chick, she and her mother haven't spoken in almost 2 decades. Her dad is a bit of a headcase too, but easy to deal with.

She fought hard

My dads a mess currently

His dads not far off either

Although i don't really care for him
There are some grumpy old bastards out there, but as I get older I'm treating simply living that long as a virtue to a point. There have to be some days in an 80-year life where the weight of years really pounds you to dust. Though they also didn't have quite the same relationship to suicide, I feel like the younger generations are uncomfortably aware there's an easy way out. I wish ever 30-year old could get 10 minutes to talk to themselves at 15 and tell them how much time they wasted hating themselves.

There are some grumpy old bastards out there,

It always cracks me up when people are like, "you gotta be nice to the elderly". Really? You don't think assholes, criminals and rapists --- not to mention dumb fucking cunts --- get old?

It always cracks me up when people are like, "you gotta be nice to the elderly". Really? You don't think assholes, criminals and rapists --- not to mention dumb fucking cunts --- get old?
To be honest, I believe idiots and assholes live longer, simply based on spite and their ability to vent/obscure reality. Normal people are walking around all day weighed down by concerns, but I bet a guy like Trump just wakes up every day feeling great. His obese ass will see 100.

To be honest, I believe idiots and assholes live longer, simply based on spite and their ability to vent/obscure reality. Normal people are walking around all day weighed down by concerns, but I bet a guy like Trump just wakes up every day feeling great. His obese ass will see 100.
That diet of his will take him out before 100

I bet, can't imagine being with someone that long, like losing a limb.
I know a fella that was married to a lady for around 40-50 years. She died in 2016. Every single time I visit this dude the conversation goes the same.

"I'm just stopping by to check on you, how are you doing?"

"Oh I'm not doing too well. I don't know if you heard, but my wife just died"

"Yeah I did hear that and I'm real sorry about it, but are you still taking care of yourself"

"Yeah about as good as I can, I have these dogs to help me"

"Those are some good looking dogs, looks like you are taking good care of them too"

Poor dude is stuck in a Groundhog Day situation where he just lost his wife. Seems like she took care of him and when she died time stopped for the guy. Some really sad shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back