SBBC : JAY CUTLER EDITION

Is Cutler the GOAT?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole situation is pretty ridiculous. We have to overdo it now to extremes because if we don't complete the semester by a certain date with the requisite credit hours then the school loses accreditation. So the school can't just extend our semester into winter break and keep us on a normal schedule. Instead we're forced to condense two extra weeks into what is already designed to be a grueling 1L fall semester. It's pretty much the worst nightmare for a first year law student and it's equally disastrous for the professors who are trying to figure out how they're gonna fit the required lecture hours into a shortened semester.
They're not allowed a waiver or extension for a natural disaster? WTF?

So my wife's cousin had the baby. 2 lbs 3 oz. She'll have to be in NICU for an extended period it looks like. Unclear as of yet what other complications exist.

They're not allowed a waiver or extension for a natural disaster? WTF?

THe ironic thing is that @faustian is a law student but didn't look for a force majeure clause in the student handbook. I'm always looking for that "war" and "pestilence" wording in any contract I read -- the whole concept is hilarious.

Just in case the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse show up ...

Last edited:
So my wife's cousin had the baby. 2 lbs 3 oz. She'll have to be in NICU for an extended period it looks like. Unclear as of yet what other complications exist.

My nephew was born at about that weight. A lot of hard times in his first year. Now he is 8 and perfectly healthy.

My nephew was born at about that weight. A lot of hard times in his first year. Now he is 8 and perfectly healthy.
Good to hear. Another of my wife's cousins had a similar situation before we got together. He had a lot of issues, even having to keep a trach in for over a year at age 5/6. But he's also doing great now at 9, except for being small for his age. We're mostly just relieved there is nothing immediately life threatening.

hope things are good
I was born 2.5 months early and was only 3 lbs 4 ozs....in the early 80s w/ that technology

Seems like they have it figured out much better nowadays

damn they got Tony Bland in that USC ish.....

good guy, was the star player at SDSU when I was there after he transferred from Syracuse

It's astounding what we can do in situations like that. Wasn't too long ago that babies like that were doomed. Now they get through it with very minimal, if any, issues

hope things are good
I was born 2.5 months early and was only 3 lbs 4 ozs....in the early 80s w/ that technology

Seems like they have it figured out much better nowadays

Au contraire mon frere. They created a god damn superhero with that 80s tech you were hooked up to. A man that doesnt need water or any nutrients of any kind, ever.

Also can handle lethal doses of death grass.

You should be in a Jay & Silent Bob comic with your powers

Au contraire mon frere. They created a god damn superhero with that 80s tech you were hooked up to. A man that doesnt need water or any nutrients of any kind, ever.

Also can handle lethal doses of death grass.

You should be in a Jay & Silent Bob comic with your powers
apparently they changed incubators from using pure oxygen back in my day, to just regular air now

I think it made the premie organs develop faster. All I know is I literally never get sick, have excellent hearing and vision despite being born partially deaf and blind, and my metabolism is absurd

@faustian quotes dostoevsky so I made a Waiting for Godot reference that fell flat.

Lesson learned: Will retire that one.
I got the Solovyov reference fam I was just too wrapped up in other posts to give it worthy devotion

THe ironic thing is that @faustian is a law student but didn't look for a force majeure clause in the student handbook. I'm always looking for that "war" and "pestilence" wording in any contract I read -- the whole concept is hilarious.

Just in case the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse show up ...
It's not an individual student issue, it involves the entire school. The school loses accreditation from the FL Bar if certain requirements aren't met

Thanks guys for the well wishes on our cousin's kid.
It's not an individual student issue, it involves the entire school. The school loses accreditation from the FL Bar if certain requirements aren't met
I still find it incredible that a state as prone to hurricanes doesn't have some kind of exception for these circumstances. That's just fucked up.

So your Law school failed to implement a force majeure clause with the state bar association. That's even worse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back