Sara Bareilles appreciation thread - Best Artist of this generation

She's talented, but not best artist of a generation. I put her in the same category as Vanessa Carlton or Norah Jones. Actually I'd say that both of those women are probably more talented than Sara.

I like her stuff. Cassiopeia is an awesome song. I like her last two albums(not counting the waitress soundtrack). She is not my favorite female artist, bust she is up there with my favs like Vanessa Carlton, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor, and Ann Nalick.

She's talented, but not best artist of a generation. I put her in the same category as Vanessa Carlton or Norah Jones. Actually I'd say that both of those women are probably more talented than Sara.

Funny, I just posted that she was up with my favs, including Carlton. Home, half a year, I don't wanna be a bride, come undone are all awesome songs. I am not really a fan of Jones, though.

She doesn't dance, so she better damn well play an instrument. Only Michael Buble gets away with doing neither. But I can't think of 3 comparably popular pop stars who don't play an instrument. Everyone plays an instrument. That's how most people get into music.

And of course she can write her own songs, she's not making crazy money. If Beyonce money was at stake for each Bareilles album, they'd get a top notch songwriter to do stuff for her.
When you have a voice like he does NGAF.

she's no tori kelly, i'll tell you that much. On a songwriting and certainly a vocal level

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back