Sara Bareilles appreciation thread - Best Artist of this generation

I like her. She's talented and cute. That said, her music is kind of bland. A few good songs and a bunch of inoffensive, but indiscernible tracks. She's decent, but I wouldn't pay to see her and probably wouldn't buy another one of her albums. Cat Power is much better and she sucked live. That type of music isn't good for a live setting.

Depends completely on the setting.

I feel the same about people who listen to screaming death metal. Sara Bareilles' genre of music isn't exactly my favorite but her best couple songs are great. I can see talent there for sure. I like at least some of just about every genre of music except maybe death metal. If it's heavier/angrier than Metallica (I like a good deal of their music), count me OUT. That's the "aggressive, angry, heavy" cutoff line for me.

I share a work space with a guy who loves death metal so I have to listen to it half the time.

Do not like.

More SB goodness

article-1053539-025DD82A00000578-700_468x604.jpg

Sara Bareilles new Waitress live is out. I am still in love with her

I share a work space with a guy who loves death metal so I have to listen to it half the time.

Do not like.
The only metal I can listen to is by Skindred.

I'm on mobile right now, so I can't post the links easily, but you should look up some of their stuff on YT. It's a pretty unique fusion of metal and raggae.

lol@sherdoggers sittin around talking about their favorite "adult contemporary" female empowerment pop songs.

lol

That is overstating things quite a bit, but shes got a good voice and women who can play the piano are hotter than they would be if they couldn't play the piano.

I got a tattoo of piano keys on my penis so a pianist can play my penis.

lol@sherdoggers sittin around talking about their favorite "adult contemporary" female empowerment pop songs.

lol

The Wolf: You guys look like... What do they look like, Jimmie?
Jimmie: Dorks. They look like a couple of dorks.
Jules: Ha-ha-ha. They're your clothes, motherfucker.

Last edited:
I appreciate her.

I thought that "love song" was the best pop song of the year in '12 or '13?
And I think she's very sexy. I like significant nose on a broad, but she had me at talented.

EDIT: LMAO '09!!?? Did it get popular late or have I lost track of time since I joined Sherdog....

EDIT II: '07!!! holy shit. I doubt I heard it then, tho.

Hell, man, I look at our Sherdog join dates from the year '09 and I'm thinking holy shit that time passed fast. I remember I joined to comment on the hype leading up to and the fallout from the GSP-Penn II/Machida-Thiago Silva card. A lot of time has passed since them.

Only use that as the comparison cause sometimes I try to associate mma event dates with other things that happened just to place when something was. Frankly I'm shocked that Bareillis song is that old.

She is legit- talented, pretty, and seems likable.

lol

posting this from the gave because this shit right here slayed me.

Sara Bareilles will be the next star of her own created musical "Waitress".

Previously, Bareilles had Jessie Muiller lead the main role until Muiller moved on.

http://abc7ny.com/entertainment/sara-bareilles-to-make-broadway-debut-as-waitress-lead/1826007/

The Broadway musical "Waitress" is getting a new star, with singer-songwriter Sara Bareilles -- who wrote the music for the show -- set to make her Broadway debut Friday.

Bareilles has earned Tony and Grammy nominations for her music, but she says actually taking the stage is a true "pinch me" moment.

"When we got word that (lead actress) Jessie (Mueller) would be moving on, when Jessie Mueller would be moving on from the role, I had this little spark in me that ignited," she said.

In order to fully understand why the role is especially meaningful, it's important to know that Bareilles found a home for herself on stage when she was in high school, before she reached the top of the charts.

I own the "Brave" song, because they played it in regular rotation at my gym and my girlfriend likes it. Don't know anything else by her.

Back