Sano1's Training LOG - Working towards a goal

Another good session today. Knee is still off so I did DL's instead of squats.

Warmup:
Bike ride 10-15 min

Deadlift:
10x60kg Romanian
Warmup
5x100kg
5x120kg
4x140kg
7x120kg

Benchpress:
Warmup
5x80kg
5x85kg
5x85kg

Pullups:
5xBW
5xBW
5xBW

Variations of hanging leg raises for ab work.
Pushups
Weighted Lunges with kettlebells(low weight, focus on technique)
Light stretching

Cardio:
20min bike LISS

Guns! Supersetting curls and shoulder presses! Yeah baby!

Warmup:
Bike ride 15 min

Deadlifts:
Warmup lots of sets
Romanian
5x100kg
5x120kg
3x140kg
1x160kg
Fx180kg
Fx180kg
Fx180kg
1x160kg

I was not really in the mood or should I be trying for a new 1RM, so I didn't expect much. The second attempt I got it somewhat off he floor, but otherwise it didn't move much.

Dips:
8xBW
8xBW
8xBW
5xBW

Pullups/chins:
8xBW
8xBW
6xBW

Lunges, sparred a little for fun with my ex, glute bridges, ab work, light stretching.

Fine training today.

Warmup:
Jump rope 15 min
Shadowboxing
Bagwork

Squats:
A lot of warmup sets
5x80kg
5x80kg
5x80kg

Nice and easy, knee is feeling better.

Benchpress:
Warmup
5x80kg
8x80kg
4x90kg
1x100kg
1x100kg

Sauna :D

Pretty brutal session today. Long as hell too. Btw, I was at kickboxing yesterday, but I'm not really logging my MMA training.

Warmup:
Bike ride 10 min
Air squats
Light stretching

Squats:
Warmup
8x80kg
5x100kg
1x120kg
1x120kg
1x120kg
5x100kg
20x60kg mostly paused

Pendlay Rows:
Warmup
12x40kg
10x50kg
8x50kg
8x40kg

Benchpress:
Warmup
8x80kg
6x80kg
5x85kg

Walking Lunges with 20kg, some misc chinups, balance work, glute bridges, pushups.

Cardio:
Rope skipping and shadow boxing for about half an hour or more.

Stretching.

I'm toast.

Good training today.

Warmup:
Dynamic stretching
Balance work/weight shifting
Light shadow boxing
Jump rope
thoratic stretching

Deadlifts:
Warmup
6x120kg
3x150kg
1x170kg
1x170kg
1x150kg
5x120kg

Lunges with kettlebells

Did some hanging leg raises, some other ab work, some stability work, some pullups, some pushups and some rotator cuff work with bands.

Ended with some stretching and mobility work.

Good training today! Good day today as a whole. I got offered a pretty good job teaching a few classes in preventive back and neck training AND fitness boxing! For now it's just while the regular instructor is on holiday for 2 months. But it's great experience for me AND I'm broke as broke can be and need the cash. It's only a few times a week so shouldn't interfere with my studies! Anyway!

Warmup:
Running 10 min
Air squats
Dynamic strecthing

Squats:
Warmup
5x80kg
5x90kg
5x100kg
5x100kg
5x100kg
2x120kg
1x125kg
1x130kg
1x135kg! PR YAY!

Yes, FINALLY hit that squat PR. I've been neglecting squats a bit because it's a hard exercise for me, but I've tried putting a little more into it the last few weeks and it has paid off! The depth was good, better than the previous 132kg pr, so that is another good thing. I'm a lot more stable as well! Was pretty tired already at this point haha.

Strict OHP:
Warmup
5x40kg
5x45kg
3x60kg
3x60kg
3x60kg

Shadowboxing, mobility work, walking lunges, sidesteps, rotator cuff work, stretching and kicking all rolled into one for about 20-30 mins.

Good training today. I've been bordering on being sick these last few days, but made it through.

Warmup:
Jump rope for a while
Shadowboxing
Walking lunges with kicks
Some mobility

Deadlifts:
Warmup
8x100kg
5x120kg
5x140kg
2x160kg

Benchpress:
Warmup
7x80kg
3x90kg
2x95kg
6x80kg
5x80kg

Did some; Hanging Leg Raises, some Walking Lunges with a little weight, some shoulder work with dumbbells, some rotator cuff work with bands, some hand stands, some misc trunk work AND Rope Climbing haha. I got all the way up, just wanted to try it, but then on the way down I was struggling and I slided down and burned a lot of the skin of my hands off. Ouch haha.

Ended with stretching for about 20 min and then the Sauna. Long session.

Good training session today.

Warmup:
Kicking, weigh transfer, walking lunges, mobility, shadowboxing, moving around, sidesteps and so forth.

Squats:
Warmup
10x80kg
10x80kg
5x100kg
4x110kg
2x120kg

Benchpress:
Warmup
8x80kg
8x80kg
5x90kg
10x60kg paused

Did some a mix of strict presses with 40 kg, medial deltoid work and bicep curls! Did some pulling work, face pulls, some oblique ab work, some core stability, pushups.

Ended with stretching for 20 min and then sauna.

Warmup:
Biking 15 min.

Deadlifts:
Lots of Warmup/Romanian sets
5x100kg
5x120kg
5x140kg
1x160kg

Pendley Rows:
Warmup
10x40kg
10x40kg
10x40kg
10x40kg

Benchpress:
Lots of Warmup sets
10x80kg
6x90kg

Stretching

Decent training today.

I went with my mom and helped her out with some exercises. I already made her program and it's just so great to see that she is actually enjoying it and getting stronger, and having less pain. It really worked well!

I did some exercises with her in preperation for my new part time job coaching a class of people with back and neck weakness/issues.

I had her DL today too haha, and she actually did pretty well! If I can help her in any way, I will.

As for my own training today :)

Warmup:
Coaching my mom, doing some exercises, mobility work.

Squats:
Warmup
10x80kg
5x100kg
5x110kg
3x120kg rep PR I think
5x100kg
5x60kg paused

Benchpress:
Warmup
8x80kg
4x90kg
5x80kg

Felt kinda weak today, haven't slept much these last few days.

Did some;
Pullups
A lot of shoulder band work (really enjoying that, my shoulders are getting healthier)
Light stretching of my lower body.

Looks pretty good @Seano
Thanks my man. I'm slowly getting stronger. Realised I need to be consistent, do it right and don't stress so much about it.

Thanks for stopping by!

Edit: Woops Seano will probably be stopping by now too haha.

That's awesome that you got your mom lifting. I wish I could do the same for mine, she gets back problems and while I'm not expert, I'm sure some basic weight training would help alleviate some of the strain.

Nice work too.

Thanks my man. I'm slowly getting stronger. Realised I need to be consistent, do it right and don't stress so much about it.

Thanks for stopping by!

Edit: Woops Seano will probably be stopping by now too haha.
You guys said my name 3 times, so I appear. Like Candyman.

That's awesome that you got your mom lifting. I wish I could do the same for mine, she gets back problems and while I'm not expert, I'm sure some basic weight training would help alleviate some of the strain.

Nice work too.
Yeah it really is. She's helped me out with a lot of shit so it's nice finally knowing enough so I can at least safely get her moving about. Small steps.

My mom has never done any kind of fitness in her life, and she's surprised that she likes it. Actually what brought it on was her being diagnosed with stress and risk of metabolic syndrome(you know, high cholesteral, blood pressure and so forth) so i suggested it. Sorting out a few personal things and going regularly has really helped. Maybe you could try introducing your mom slowly to the idea as well? Basic cardio/strenght training perhaps at first? Beware of back problems, they are very individual and hard to deal with. Feedback is important.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by! How are you btw? Feeling less wired and more calm?

Yeah it really is. She's helped me out with a lot of shit so it's nice finally knowing enough so I can at least safely get her moving about. Small steps.

My mom has never done any kind of fitness in her life, and she's surprised that she likes it. Actually what brought it on was her being diagnosed with stress and risk of metabolic syndrome(you know, high cholesteral, blood pressure and so forth) so i suggested it. Sorting out a few personal things and going regularly has really helped. Maybe you could try introducing your mom slowly to the idea as well? Basic cardio/strenght training perhaps at first? Beware of back problems, they are very individual and hard to deal with. Feedback is important.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by! How are you btw? Feeling less wired and more calm?

Yeah I probably wouldn't even teach her free weights, not at first anyway. Maybe focus on some leg dominant machines, build up the posterior chain especially. Definitely wouldn't be pushing her to do anything too crazy. I'm not smart enough.

I'm good thanks man. I've definitely calmed down, but I think that has a lot to do with being unable to focus completely on training recently. I've been able to maintain a level of strength, except my squat which is feeling weak. Now I want to start building again.

Yeah I probably wouldn't even teach her free weights, not at first anyway. Maybe focus on some leg dominant machines, build up the posterior chain especially. Definitely wouldn't be pushing her to do anything too crazy. I'm not smart enough.

I'm good thanks man. I've definitely calmed down, but I think that has a lot to do with being unable to focus completely on training recently. I've been able to maintain a level of strength, except my squat which is feeling weak. Now I want to start building again.

That's exactly what I did. Started her with some rowing, some biking, seated leg press machine, pulldowns and seated leg curl machine. Everything extremely light to begin with, and with good form. She has exceptionally bad knees and can't even do a BW squat, but it's definitely getting better. Fun to see her DL today.

Good to hear man! Overtraining/overstressing is never beneficial and it makes you weaker. I know this because I've struggled with it. Sometimes you need to tone it down, but biggest thing is the mindset. Don't stress/worry about it and don't be too obsessive about it. Remember to have fun with it and sprinkle in some more loose sessions sometimes.Oh and value the progress you are making.

Hope everything is well and have a nice day my man!

Long ass session today!

Warmup:
Bike ride 15 min
Light mobility work
Core work

Deadlift:
Warmup
8x95kg
5x115kg
5x135kg
1x155kg
1x175kg - PR Yay!
Fx180kg
1x135kg
3x115kg

I wasn't supposed to go for any max, I was a little worn today, but I went for it anyway. 180kg is getting close!

Benchpress:
Warmup
8x80kg
3x90kg
3x90kg
3x90kg
4x80kg
6x60kg paused

Pullups:
6xBW with leg raise
6xBW with leg raise
6xBW with leg raise

SOHP:
5x40kg
5x40kg
5x40kg

Did some oblique work.
3 sets of walking lunges with kettlebells
Band for for lower body, band work for shoulder and rotator cuff
Lateral raises
Pushups
Some shadow boxing/kicking AND stretching to end it.

Long one!

Good one today.

Warmup:
Running 15 min

Deadlift:
Warmup
6x100kg
5x120kg
3x140kg
3x140kg
3x140kg
3x140kg

Benchpress:
Warmup
8x72kg
5x82kg
5x92kg
1x102kg
1x107kg PR! Yay!

Finally something is moving on the bench! I have been concentrating a bit more on beching heavier lately, so it has helped.

Some fun misc stuff afterwards, nothing much.

Back