Sano1's Training LOG - Working towards a goal

Very nice log, enjoyed reading it!
Seems you have a lot of volume in your working sets!
Correct me if I'm wrong obviously but it seemed straight sets of 10s 8s, 6s and 5s to finish most days.

You mentioned your course and having to hit PRs as part of a project, What course are you doing and how much of your programme is laid down by it?

Very nice log, enjoyed reading it!
Seems you have a lot of volume in your working sets!
Correct me if I'm wrong obviously but it seemed straight sets of 10s 8s, 6s and 5s to finish most days.

You mentioned your course and having to hit PRs as part of a project, What course are you doing and how much of your programme is laid down by it?

Hey! Thanks man! It's been a bit sporadic, in part because I was/am still relatively new to lifting and also because I had ACL replacement about 8 months back(if you missed it). I do have decent volume, but trying to tone it down a bit and focus. The rep schemes depends really, but atm I'm running something from Greg Nuckols and Omar Isuf. I feel if I am working in the 75-85% ranges most of the time with some medium heavy days and some heavier days, with top setting a few times a month it works well. On my assistance work I usually go a little lighter and near a 10 rep range. Working on singles on the Deadlifts atm. to better my form before I move to an intermediate program.

Yeah the project is actually a "school" one. Or rather, I am studying to be a physiotherapist and this semester we are working with exercise physiologi and strenght training. Really cool stuff! I'm not exactly sure what we are going to use the numbers for yet, because I haven't read the assignment. I'm currently at a clinic and will be back to school in about a week!

Anyway, thank you very much again for commenting and popping in. With my knee healing up and everything going well, I'll hopefully be setting PRs more often :) Ultimately I'm looking to return to MMA/boxing early next year.

Had a good short session today. A little tired as a result of all the new impressions and tasks at the clinic I am helping at atm. But man, I'm surprised at how much the elderly are really capable of. I am working with some elderly patients in wheel chairs, and there is actually a lot more possibilities than I imagined for strenght training and rehabilitation. Learning a lot.

Annnyyway, afterwards I did this:

Warmup:
25 min run

Deadlift:
Warmup
5x80kg
15x100kg (singles with a short pause, focus on form)
3x120kg
3x100kg

Pendlay Rows(never done these before)
Warmup
8x60kg
8x60kg
8x60kg

Pullups:
8xBW
7xBW
5xBW

Very little rest here

Hanging Leg Raises:
10xBW
10xBW
10xBW

Was struggling a bit with grip, but that is to be expected after the grip work I did earlier

Leg Curls:
10x35kg
10x40kg
10x45kg

Felt alright, hamstring on the right leg(where they took part of the tendon for my ACL) is doing alright.

Face pulls
Rotator cuff work
Stretching for about 15 min.

All in all, decent session. I am pulling back a bit on my press work. I need to work my external rotators and scapula adductors more. My posture is getting a bit more rounded with all the pressing I've been doing.

Good session today.

Warmup:
25 min run
Dynamic stretching
Shadow boxing

Deadlifts:
Warmup
5x80kg
5x100kg
10x105kg singles with short pause

Squat:
Warmup
10x60kg paused
5x100kg semi-paused

Pendlay Rows:
8x60kg
8x60kg
8x60kg

Pullups:
10XBW
8xBW
6xBW

Hanging Leg Raises:
10xBW
10xBW
10xBW

Mixing in twisting of the lower body.

Bulgarian Split Squats:
20(10 each leg)xBW
20(10 each leg)xBW
20(10 each leg)xBW

Mainly as a corrective exercises, I have a few things that I need to correct in the long run.

Some rotator cuff work, some stretching and some curls baby!

Hey dude, gj in here. Do you still do any martial art?

Hey! Yeah well, I only do shadow boxing and bagwork atm. My ACL is nearly recovered though and in about a month or so I'll be starting up Boxing and MMA again! I can't wait! So at that point the focus of my log will shift more to martial arts.

Thanks for stopping by!

Had a good session today. I've been at a clinic helping elderly patients, both in wheelchairs and others recovering from cerebral blodcloths and so forth. I more or less did all the training myself, with a superviser helping out. It was very rewarding, but challenging and I'm looking forward to going back to school again next week.

I was dead tired today, but I went training anyway :)

Warmup:
Shadow Boxing
Dynamic stretching

Squats:
Warmup
6x80kg
5x100kg
3x110kg
3x115kg
3x115kg
3x115kg
3x115kg

I was about to fall down on the last few reps lol. Was so tired.

Strict OHP:
Warmup
5x30kg
5x40kg
3x50kg
3x60kg
3x60kg
3x60kg
3x60kg

Barely got it up on the last few reps as well.

Romanian Deadlift:
10x60kg
10x60kg
10x60kg

with Pendlay Rows:

5x60kg
5x60kg
5x60kg

Gripping was challenging towards the end.

Pullups:
6xBW
6xBW
6xBW

Back Extensions:
12x5kg plate
12x5kg plate
12x5kg plate

Hanging Leg Raises:
10xBW
10xBW
10xBW

With some twists sprinkled in.

Did some stretching towards the end and that was pretty much it.
Need to get some rest this weekend, relax and enjoy my free time.

Good session today.

Warmup:
Shadow boxing for 20-30 min

Deadlift:
Warmup
5x80kg
5x100kg
5x110kg
2x120kg
1x120kg
1x120kg
2x120kg

Felt good, grip is the weak point. I need to learn mixed grip lol.

Benchpress:
Warmup
8x72kg close grip
6x75kg close grip
5x80kg
5x80kg
5x80kg
3x85kg
4x85kg AMRAP

Hanging Leg Raises:
10xBW
10xBW
10xBW

Twists included.

Pullups:
10xBW AMRAP (I'm getting a bit fat, weigh around 93-94kg)

Did some rotator cuff, shoulder and bicep work in curcuits.

Ended with a little more shadowboxing and light stretching.

Cool training session today :)

I've been drinking pretty hard over the weekend with my class in celebration of the holidays, but I decided to go heavy on the DL anyway since I've been having a deload week last. I tried mixed grip for the first time.. it was.. interesting :)

Warmup:
Rowing 15 min
Running 15 min

Deadlift:
Warmup
8x80kg
6x90kg
5x100kg
5x110kg
3x120kg - See, at this point already I felt the bar slipping
1x130kg
1x135kg
1x140kg - The bar slipped out of my hands. It was annoying as hell and my grip was pretty tired at this point. I did it again and made it. So at this point, I thought, what the hell. Let me try mixed grip for the first time.
1x140kg flew up with mixed grip
1x145kg - mixed grip
1x150kg - mixed grip
1x160kg - PR!! - mixed grip
1x170kg - failed

It was SICK! I was so psyched. I've never tried mixed grip and I never use chalk or straps or anything. Seems like I've been holding myself back with double overhand. The most I've lifted with that bar is 142.5kg before it started slipping. My all time DL is 150kg with another bar. So you can imagine how exciting this was.

Hanging Leg Raises:
10xBW
10xBW
10xBW

Rotator cuff work

30 reps of some CrossFit workout called bear complex. Just did it for fun with a few of the guys there.

Amazing day, and I have new found hope for my DL. I got a friend to record it and the video is below:

160kg DL:

Last edited:
Tough session today. I can feel the flu coming on and I was weak today. Sore throat, very sore muscles, fatigued. Yep, something is coming. Hoping it'll be a short one, I'll keep warm, drink some good tea and relax.

Anyway:

Warmup:
Shadow boxing
Air squats
Rotator cuff work

Squats:
Warmup
6x80kg
5x90kg
5x100kg
3x110kg
3x115kg

Almost couldn't get out of the hole, like my legs were giving out. That never happens like that. That's a sign again that I've catched something :D

Benchpress:
Warmup
8x70kg
5x75kg
5x81kg
5x81kg
5x81kg
7x81kg(AMRAP)
5x70kg

Pullups:
5xBW with leg raises
5xBW with leg raises
5xBW with leg raises
4xBW with leg raises

Hanging Leg Raises:
12xBW
10xBW
10xBW

Some misc ab, bicep and shoulder work.

Went to train today and ended up doing padwork and shadowboxing entirely lol. For about 2 hours. I recorded a video with my ex holding pads towards the end:

It was fun.

Last edited:
So! After the forum change the logs have been a little out of whack, but now that it's been sorted I have a few updates to make!

I hit a few PR's this week.

Deadlift:
1x162,5kg - PR!

A small one, but nonetheless. I feel like I have more in me soon, it was after a hangover.

SOHP:
1x70kg - PR! Yes!

Was a real grind haha. Haven't done SOHP consistently for a while, but I've improved somehow. Maybe because I've gained a few kgs.

Squat:
1x132,5kg - PR!

This was a big one. My last PR was 120kg about 1½ month ago. I'm starting to really improve. It felt awesome. It is a tad high but I've counted it because my previous was about the same depth. Anyway, will take it down a bit now and ensure that I go lower.

I had my ex record a video of the 132,5kg squat:

All in all great progress these days!

Last edited:
Looong training today!

"Warmup":

Shadowboxing
Bagwork
Jump rope

For about 40 minutes combined.

Deadlift:
Warmup
8x80kg
6x90kg
5x110kg
3x130kg
2x150kg
2x150kg

Bench:
Warmup
8x70kg
5x80kg
3x90kg
5x80kg
6x70kg

Squats:
Warmup
5x80kg
5x90kg
5x100kg

Pullups:
5xBW with leg raises
5xBW with leg raises
5xBW with leg raises

Shoulder press, abductor shoulder work and curls for a pump

Stretching and stability training towards the end.

Sick training today.

I've been helping my mom with some basic stability and strenght training to alleviate some problems she is having this last week and my ex as well with some jump and plyometric training. Today I went with a good friend, who does crossfit, and we did some mixed stuff. I also got yet another PR in the DL :)

Warmup:
Rowing 10 min
Stretching

Deadlift:
Warmup
5x80kg
5x90kg
5x100kg
1x110kg
1x120kg
1x130kg - mixed grip from here
1x135kg
1x140kg
1x160kg
1x170kg ! PR - YAY!

170kg was a grind but it was great! Considering everything I've been through I've seen some great strides in my DL these last few months. Excellent.

Front Squats:
Warmup
5x60kg
5x70kg
5x80kg

Squats:
Warmup
5x80kg
5x90kg
3x100kg
1x100kg paused

SOHP:
Warmup
5x40kg
5x50kg
5x50kg

Pullups:
5xBW with leg raises
5xBW with leg raises
5xBW with leg raises

Did some misc row work on the machines. Also tried snatching a little bit.

Ended the session with a 2km rowing.

Solid session. Deadlift is really shooting up.

Good session today! I went with my ex and it was pretty cool. Been doing some plyometric training, jump training and squats with her.

Warmup:
Bike 15 min
Air squats with broom
Air squats

Plyometric jumps/stretch reflex work

Squats:
Warmup
Basicly many, sets because I did all of hers and my own afterwards
5x80kg
5x80kg
5x80kg
5x100kg

Deadlifts:
Warmup
5x80kg
5x100kg
3x120kg
1x140kg
1x160kg

Felt good.

Benchpress:
Warmup
5x70kg
5x80kg
4x95kg ! Rep PR !

That was nice. Was aiming for 3x95kg.

Walking Lunges:

Working on some stability and glut med, beginning to have a little pain in my SI and hip again. Probably because I've started going very low in the squats again.

Pullups:
6xBW
6xBW
6xBW

Hanging Leg Raises:
10xBW (half bend legs, half straight)
10xBW (half bend legs, half straight)
10xBW twist
10xBW twist

Some misc shoulder and bicep work, and some really good lower body stretching.

I've begun MMA again and the knee is actually hurting quite a bit. All the kicking is taking its toll. I'm trying to ease into it, but it's difficult to hold back. Hopefully the knee will adapt. I have to tone it down a bit though and take my time.

Still, had a long training today!

Warmup:
15 minutes on the bike
some dynamic stretching

Squats:
Warmup
5x60kg paused
5x80kg
5x100kg
5x80kg
5x60kg paused

Deadlifts:
Warmup
5x80kg
5x100kg
3x120kg
3x120kg
3x140kg

Romanian deadlifts:
5x80kg
5x80kg
5x80kg

Bend Over Rows:
5x80kg
5x80kg
5x80kg

Benchpress:
Warmup
5x80kg
5x85kg
5x85kg

I saw this cool dude I've talked to before hitting the bag and apparently he's trained MT in Thailad and had a lot fights. He held some pads for me, gave me some pointers and I did some bagwork, for a while actually. It was great, but my knee started to hurt a lot at that point. I have to be more careful, especially considering how far it was into the training session.

Did some glute bridges and a lot of crunches towards the end.

Last edited:
So, haven't trained as much lately, but I've been at the gym. My knee is bothering me still though, which sucks. I've been coming down with something too. Anyway, I went kinda easy today:

Warmup:
Some stability/weight shifting work
Shadowboxing, technique focus
Light bagwork with focus on form and technique, especially on the kicks.

Squats:
Warmup
5x80kg
5x80kg
5x80kg
8x80kg
5x90kg
5x60kg paused

Felt alright, SI joint/hip is getting better again, knee a little sore.

Benchpress:
Warmup
5x80kg
5x80kg
5x80kg

Did some face pulls, weighted glute bridges, oblique work and a lot of stretching.

Cardio:
20 min on the bike, 120-130 bpm. Nice and easy.

Ahh, went into the sauna afterwards, was great.

Long session today!

Warmup:
Misc mobility stuff
Shadowboxing focus on technique
Dynamic/light static stretching

Beloved Deadlift:
10x60kg Romanian
10x60kg Romanian
10x60kg Romanian

5x90kg
5x110kg
5x130kg
5x130kg
3x150kg

Felt good.

Strict OHP:
Warmup
5x45kg
5x45kg
5x50kg

Benchpress:
Warmup
8x75kg
8x75kg
8x75kg

Pullups:
8xBW with leg raises
5xBW with leg raises
5xBW with leg raises

Some misc Ab/oblique work, some glute bridges

Cardio:
30 min bike ride nice and easy. Get some of that lactic acid out.

Quick stretch

And just because I love deadlifts so much:

Back