Sage Northcutt is past his prime

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
I think his best days are behind him, sure he had that long reigning undefeated streak but he lost 2 out of his last 3 fights - his glory days are over, time to hang em up bud

He should step back now before the losses really pile up, maybe become a coach or something or do commentary

giphy.gif

If he has any brains he will call it a day anyway, he's a smart kid with good looks and age on his side
Get out of this 'sport' and make some real money

If he has any brains he will call it a day anyway, he's a smart kid with good looks and age on his side

He should box Mayweather

his chin is questionable and he's too stuck in his ways of fighting from when he was a kid i.e. 10 years of baking in wrong ways of fighting for mma

idk. maybe he can get better but its a weird case of being so young yet having a lot of mileage. kind of like when people say aldo is old but you realize he's far from literaly being old. it cant be good to have so many fights, ironically

In his last fight he got 60K to fight and would have gotten 60K if he won. How many twenty year olds make in a year a potential 360K (if he fights 3 times a year and wins) + that golden Reebok money + outside sponsorships (I think he has a sponsorship with Reebok and some nutrition company)? Not many.

AND, he is doing something he really loves. Sitting around in an office all day is not for everyone, regardless of how smart you are.

In his last fight he got 60K to fight and would have gotten 60K if he won. How many twenty year olds make in a year a potential 360K (if he fights 3 times a year and wins) + that golden Reebok money + outside sponsorships (I think he has a sponsorship with Reebok and some nutrition company)? Not many.

AND, he is doing something he really loves. Sitting around in an office all day is not for everyone, regardless of how smart you are.

Have all the money in the world dude
Difficult to enjoy it if you've got CTE and are slurring every other word
Plus.. it's always lovely talking about fighting 3 times a year but very few do at this level with injurys

Plus isn't the dude like.. super smart talk about boring desk jobs all you want if you getting 6 figures for using your brain that's guarenteed until retirement,
Fighting is what 10 years at best with no retirement plan

This. I don't think he'll ever be near a championship belt, but he can still make good money.

Have all the money in the world dude
Difficult to enjoy it if you've got CTE and are slurring every other word
Plus.. it's always lovely talking about fighting 3 times a year but very few do at this level with injurys

Plus isn't the dude like.. super smart talk about boring desk jobs all you want if you getting 6 figures for using your brain that's guarenteed until retirement,
Fighting is what 10 years at best with no retirement plan
Some people value their daily freedom much more than money.

Most fighters in the UFC fight in their prime ages 27-32 ish.

He's 20.

Back