Sad that Claudia lost but

I think JJ still damages her and keeps her out on her range, and takes the pep out of her step. I guess we will see though, Andrade has earned he title shot.
Wait what? Her previous fight was for the title and it was not even close. I don't think she won a single round. I am sorry but after losing in a title fight that bad you do not go on a 1 fight win streak and get another title shot.

Wait what? Her previous fight was for the title and it was not even close. I don't think she won a single round. I am sorry but after losing in a title fight that bad you do not go on a 1 fight win streak and get another title shot.
I thought the Andrade fight was a good fight. Despite not having the tools to contend with Joanna(who really does?) and predictably bum rushing,she still proved to be a dangerous fighter who kept coming for 5 rounds. Certainly more dangerous than anyone else JJ fought except for maybe Claudia,but even Claudia couldn't maintain it for 5 .

I thought the Andrade fight was a good fight. Despite not having the tools to contend with Joanna(who really does?) and predictably bum rushing,she still proved to be a dangerous fighter who kept coming for 5 rounds. Certainly more dangerous than anyone else JJ fought except for maybe Claudia,but even Claudia couldn't maintain it for 5 .
Still one of Joanna's easiest fights in my opinion. Literally pieced her up for 5 whole rounds. Both Claudia and Karolina did better.

Handled her twice? You clearly haven't seen either fight.

Joanna arguably lost the first fight, and she was down two rounds in the second fight before Claudia gassed out.
LOL she was winning until she lost, I tell you!

Even though I was pulling for Claudia to win, that was a great fight to watch. Jessica is a beast. I thought she looked in better shape than ever and it showed in her performance. Alan Jouban said on the post fight show that Jessica doesn't do strength & conditioning. It sure looks like she's lifting weights from her physique.

Joana actually has cardio that lasts longer than a round. Claudia has always gassed after prolonged grappling exchanges. Jessica is one of the most tested athletes in the UFC. Until she pissed hot, she's innocent in my eyes. It's just a shame how USADA is a factor in every fight now adays, whether proven or not.

In before she tests positive lol.

The problem is the general stupidity of MMA fans. Dislike a dominant fighter? USADA comment. A fighter starts losing after beating your favorite fighters? Must be USADA.

It's a shame this site abandoned the lion's share of the rules; comments like that should result in infractions.

since you said Claudia and but in the same sentence .. I shall do the honors and save this thread !! even if it were just one t

pSPQtM1.jpg

30207ca57a31f74ce74e6f85c6fadcff--ufc-women-ufc-fighters.jpg
The second pic is clearly not Claudia.....that's her sister

Still one of Joanna's easiest fights in my opinion.
I absolutely do not agree. One slip up and she woulda got flatlined. No one else brought that threat.

The problem is the general stupidity of MMA fans. Dislike a dominant fighter? USADA comment. A fighter starts losing after beating your favorite fighters? Must be USADA.

It's a shame this site abandoned the lion's share of the rules; comments like that should result in infractions.
I rather less rules than anal mods honestly. Theyd hand out dubs and not even tell you why,with no warning.

I rather less rules than anal mods honestly. Theyd hand out dubs and not even tell you why,with no warning.

Not me.

Too many idiots allowed to spam threads with mindless hostility, it's a pretty unpleasant experience.

LOL even at best. Claudia was definitely piecing her up for the first 1-2 minutes, but Andrade whooped her butt for the remainder of the fight which is all that matters.

As i said "It was even (at best) for the first 2 minutes and then Andrade kicked Claudias ass"............

A loss is a loss is a loss.....congrats.........

Intriguing situation.

Claudia's hand is forced to move up to 125 in the sense that she's not going to get a title opportunity at 115 again any time soon and she has a rough cut to get to 115 in the first place.

Joanna is likely to move up because it's a tough cut for her and she wants the glory of having attained two titles in the UFC.

If Joanna leaves, who is going to be able to stop Andrade from taking the 115 belt? I can't really imagine any of the current crop being able to do so.

At the same time, Jess could probably move up to 125 too since she was a 135er (granted an undersized one) but I don't really see why she would unless Joanna doesn't move up. Probably easier to just wait out Joanna moving up and then take over the weight class.

I picked Andrade to win, but it sure didn't look like it was going to happen in the first round. Claudia's striking has really impvoved. If she could've kept that up for three rounds it probably would've been a different story. She looked GREAT. Unfortunately, she gassed early and Andrade's power and endurance took her out of the game. Cludia might need to move up to 125 now that there's a division there. It may give her better endurance not having to cut so much weight.

MMMA sucks now i can't wait till WMMA takes over it and we can have full WMMA cards

I love Calvillo, Grasso, and Tecia but damn Andrade is a vicious matchup for all of them. Even just stylistically- I don't see what advantage any of them would have. Calvillo's a phenomenal grappler, but Andrade is very good on the ground and Cynthia would be unable to take her down. Grasso is good everywhere, well rounded but Andrade's pressure would throw her off and she'd get slammed to the canvas. Tecia is the only one who maybe could work her stick and move game and some counter shot work to good effect but she's small and would not have the same ability to pick Andrade apart that Joanna did.

Damn, this guy was right.

Good luck to Jessica Andrade in finding top 15 opponent. Who will be this kind of masochist to step into ocatagon with her at 115.

I just hate when fighters lose fights that they have no business losing. She could've made things very easy for herself in that one, stayed at range, stayed conservative with her boxing and cruised to a decision. That was the smart way to go. I don't know if she was overconfident or greedy or what, but almost all of Andrade's offense came as a direct result of straight up mistakes that Gadelha made. The guillotine, shooting in, staying in the pocket too long, etc. Just shit that there's no reason for at her level.

I just hate when fighters lose fights that they have no business losing. She could've made things very easy for herself in that one, stayed at range, stayed conservative with her boxing and cruised to a decision. That was the smart way to go. I don't know if she was overconfident or greedy or what, but almost all of Andrade's offense came as a direct result of straight up mistakes that Gadelha made. The guillotine, shooting in, staying in the pocket too long, etc. Just shit that there's no reason for at her level.

No plan survives contact with the enemy, everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face, etc. While it's true that Claudia could've made things a lot easier for herself by doing what you've said, I don't think she has the cardio and skills to keep it up for long enough. Even Joanna couldn't keep Andrade stuck on the outside for a full round, and she had to use her clinch game to bail her out of trouble & reset. Sooner or later, Andrade would be able to force a clinch/grappling exchange with Claudia and from there it's all downhill for her. I thought it was pretty close odds on whether Claudia could keep up her distance game long enough to win 2 rounds, but I was mistaken. She got put off her game a lot earlier than I expected and Jessica just ran away with the fight.

since you said Claudia and but in the same sentence .. I shall do the honors and save this thread !! even if it were just one t

pSPQtM1.jpg

That's Cookie Monster (with one of the best asses in the UFC), not Gadelha.

LOL she was winning until she lost, I tell you!

Joanna beat her twice. Both fights was clear 3-2 for Joanna. No way Claudia beat him at first fight. Claudia didn't gas out at second fight, Joanna made him gas out with her incredible ground defense.

The first fight was only 3 rds, how could Joanna win it 3-2? Lol just admit you haven't seen either fight.

Here's the media scores for the first fight btw.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/5757/Joanna-Jedrzejczyk-vs-Cláudia-Gadelha

Back