Sad that Claudia lost but

Guess you were watching a different fight than everyone else. It was even (at best) for the first 2 minutes and then Andrade kicked Claudias ass.........fact.
LOL even at best. Claudia was definitely piecing her up for the first 1-2 minutes, but Andrade whooped her butt for the remainder of the fight which is all that matters.

that was one of the best WMMA fights I have ever seen. look forward to seeing both of them fight again

I thought the first round to round & half of the fight would look more or less like the first couple minutes of the fight, Claudia would have the edge until she lost her composure and/or gassed out. Claudia hits hard but I knew she wouldn't be able to back Andrade off, Jessica was walking through clean head kicks from Joanna and went at her for the full 5 rounds. So it comes down to how long Claudia can keep hitting & moving before she runs out of gas or gets sucked into a brawl. Turns out it was about half a round before the plan went out the window.

Problem for Claudia is she doesn't have the footwork, striking, and clinch skills to shut down Andrade. She got the cage cut on her which setup some nice punching flurries for Andrade as well as the clinch entries, and once the body shots and grappling started her gas tank went down fast. Claudia couldn't keep herself off the fence and stick Andrade on the outside for long enough, and when Jessica got inside she didn't have the tools to shut down the inside punching and stuff the takedowns.

Before the fight I thought Jessica would have a slight edge since her toughness, strength, and pace would be enough to wear out Claudia and take a couple rounds off her. Claudia is the more skilled fighter but I expected her to fade in the 2nd round with all the pressure & pace that Andrade puts on her. Turns out she cracked about halfway through the 1st, and Andrade beat her ass for the rest of the fight.

Both women are legit beasts, and it just makes JJ look that much better because she handled Claudia twice and made fairly easy work out of Andrade.

Handled her twice? You clearly haven't seen either fight.

Joanna arguably lost the first fight, and she was down two rounds in the second fight before Claudia gassed out.

Seeing Andrade so dominant against Gadelha, I think perhaps some people should reassess upward their opinion of Angela Hill, who lost to Andrade, sure, but did a good job of hanging in there with her, I think.

Claudia is more skilled than Andrade. She just is smaller and had the wrong gameplan. She is so used to doing whatever she wants to do to these women grappling wise that she got greedy. Andrade is a giant 115 pounder. She is built like a man.
:rolleyes:

Both are arguably the biggest size bullies in the division. Size had nothing to do with it, as Andrade is short, shorter reach, etc. it was Claudia having no idea how to angle out, and no idea how to handle pressure, and being clueless off her back. Claudia might be the more technically skilled fighter, but Andrade exposed major holes in her game.

If Claudia was smaller than Andrade, so was Joanna, who won all five rounds against Andrade.

What you saw last night is why quite a few people thought Jessica would beat JJ, she was the dark horse whom quite a few savvy betters put a bit of coin on.

I think she can do much better versus JJ, than what she shown first time around. But I'm not sure if she will quite be able to pull off the win.

Safe to safe Jessica would maul almost everyone else at 115, I mean, can you imagine Karolina, Michelle, PVZ, Grasso, Calvillo, Herrig or Rose being able to handle her ? They'd all get mangled. My side chick Claudia is a beast, who previous to last night, had only ever lost to JJ and still to this day she is the girl who done best vs Joanna. Claudia is much more physically impressive than most of her opponents, the physicality difference last night surprised me, Jessica was faster, a lot stronger and had a much more impressive gas tank (the cardio difference wasn't too surprising given Claudias history of tiring).

A very impressive performance from Jessica. I say give her the next shot, why not, hopefully she makes it more of a fight this time.

I love Calvillo, Grasso, and Tecia but damn Andrade is a vicious matchup for all of them. Even just stylistically- I don't see what advantage any of them would have. Calvillo's a phenomenal grappler, but Andrade is very good on the ground and Cynthia would be unable to take her down. Grasso is good everywhere, well rounded but Andrade's pressure would throw her off and she'd get slammed to the canvas. Tecia is the only one who maybe could work her stick and move game and some counter shot work to good effect but she's small and would not have the same ability to pick Andrade apart that Joanna did.

Once Claudia decided to grapple, she got beat up.
That's her style. She cant exchange punches with that broad. She'd get flatlined. She doesn't have the cardio,or the elite level evasive maneuvers and counterstriking ability of Joanna,so she had to grapple,but that's her style anyway. Most of the punches Claudia does land is because she is utilizing the threat of her takedowns.

It forces Joanna to moveu p to 125 after she humiliates Rose, she claimed she wanted 1 more fight at 125 & i guess he thought Claudia was going to fight, with that fight off the table there's nobody else.

Andrade has been tested like 9 times in 2017 alone.
Yes.

But this fight in particular does make one wonder. She couldn't ragdoll Joanna like that.

Yes.

But this fight in particular does make one wonder. She couldn't ragdoll Joanna like that.
Joanna only gave her the opportunity like once or twice, and Andrade was two wild with her slams, allowing Joanna to escape. Every other takedown opportunity was met with punches and elbows.

I was most impressed with how Andrade punished her opponents body on the ground. She beat tyhe shit out of claudias body. I think it made a huge difference in the fight.

It's just so shocking how the JJ/Andrade fight happened

Joanna only gave her the opportunity like once or twice, and Andrade was two wild with her slams, allowing Joanna to escape. Every other takedown opportunity was met with punches and elbows.
Yes. It was great ! :D
JJ when a opponent attempts anything

giphy.gif

Yes.

Joana actually has cardio that lasts longer than a round. Claudia has always gassed after prolonged grappling exchanges. Jessica is one of the most tested athletes in the UFC. Until she pissed hot, she's innocent in my eyes. It's just a shame how USADA is a factor in every fight now adays, whether proven or not.

In before she tests positive lol.

Joana actually has cardio that lasts longer than a round. Claudia has always gassed after prolonged grappling exchanges. Jessica is one of the most tested athletes in the UFC. Until she pissed hot, she's innocent in my eyes. It's just a shame how USADA is a factor in every fight now adays, whether proven or not.

In before she tests positive lol.

Yeah but Claudia is usually dominant in those grappling exchanges. Joanna then picks her apart with strikes when shes too tired from the outside. This was different.

Yeah but Claudia is usually dominant in those grappling exchanges. Joanna then picks her apart with strikes when shes too tired from the outside. This was different.

Exactly why she gassed even quicker here. She met someone who was stronger than her. Did you think it was impossible for Jessica to be stronger than Claudia? Jessica is built like a tank and she used to throw around much bigger girls than Claudia.

I'm not convinced that one needs to be on steroids to be stronger than Claudia gadhela.

I,however,am!!!!

giphy-14.gif

Well, USADA isn't convinced yet, despite testing her more times than Jon fucking jones.

We'll see what happens though. I wouldn't be surprised if both girls pissed hot.

Back